Distant

It Started With A Mistake

 

Don’t Let Go – 박재범

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGicrJUKAxY

 

~●♥●~

 

In MinYoung’s last week of stay in Jeju Island, she never called nor replied back to her parents’ calls and text messages. Not even with Nichkhun’s. She can’t keep on ignoring him so she has decided to go back to Seoul. MinYoung called her parents instead of calling Nichkhun.

 

“Hello?” Mrs. Shin answered the phone.

“Umma,” MinYoung said softly.

“Baby? Is that you?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“Yes~”

“How are you? Why do you seem sad? Aren’t you enjoying your stay there? Did something happen?” Mrs. Shin kept on asking questions.

“Slow down, umma,” MinYoung chuckled, “I’m having fun here but I want to go back home,” she said.

“Alright.  When do you plan on coming back?” Mrs. Shin asked.

”I’ll be there by tomorrow morning,” she informed her mother.

“Okay, I’ll have our driver pick you up. Your appa and I won t be here tomorrow. Is that okay with you?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“It’s fine with me, umma,” she tried to sound excited.

“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow then,” Mrs. Shin said.

“Yes, umma. I can t wait to see you and appa, already,” she said.

“Eh? How about Nichkhun?” Mrs. Shin teased.

“Uhm. Yeah, him, too,” she said softly.

 

Mrs. Shin noticed her daughter s sad aura but she left her off first.

 

The next day, MinYoung flew back to Seoul early in the morning. She arrived at the airport and  tried to look for her driver. She stopped in the middle of the busy people finding their way in and out of the airport. She brought out her phone to call her driver when suddenly, someone covered her eyes.

 

“Omo!” MinYoung’s body froze.

“Guess who,” someone whispered in her ear.

 

 She that voice but it surprised her since it has given her a different effect. Usually, when she hears that voice, it sends chills down her spine. But this time, it made her feel nervous, guilty and regretful.

 

“K-khun oppa?” she stuttered. Then, the person behind her released her and turned her around. There, she saw Nichkhun smiling like an angel at her and immediately hugged her tightly.

 

“I missed you so much,” he whispered.

“I-I-I missed you, too,” she tried to sound convincing.

“I’m glad to see you. Why haven’t you returned my calls or messages?” he pouted. MinYoung couldn’t resist that pout but this time, it made her feel guilty to death.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I-uhm-I got so excited at  my stay in Jeju that I always forgot my phone in my suite and when I come back, I’m so tired that I would fall asleep in an instant,” she excused.

“That’s alright. I understand. The best thing now is you’re here,” he side hugged her as he had her bags on the other side of his hand and they both went out of the airport.

 

On the road, MinYoung wanted to tell everything has happened to her at Jeju. She tried to tell him everything, except for that one night with WooYoung, cheerfully but he noticed that she wasn’t really that excited.

 

“Are you okay, baby?” he asked as he kept his left hand on the steering wheel and had his  right hand placed on her knee. MinYoung jumped at his touch. Nichkhun immediately took his hand away.

“Sorry. Are you okay?” he placed back his right hand on the steering wheel.

“Yeah~ I m-I m just tired, I guess,” she bowed her head.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be at your house in a while,” he said.

 

Then, Nichkhun’s phone rang.

 

“Hello?” he asked.

“Nichkhun oppa, it’s me, HaRin,” she introduced herself.

“Oh. HaRin-ah. What made you call?” Nichkhun asked. MinYoung turned to look at him.

“You re looking for WooYoung?  he asked.  MinYoung turned to look away.

 “He was at the office four hours ago,” he told her.

“We’re kind of busy at the office right now. Maybe he got caught up with our work,” he added. Then he hanged up.

“Was that dongsaeng?” MinYoung asked. He nodded.

“She was looking WooYoung,” he said as he made a turn.

 By the way, did you and WooYoung have the chance to meet up while you stayed in Jeju?” he asked as he neared her house.

“We-we did, but we just saw each other. That s all,” she looked out of the window. Lying to Nichkhun made her feel guilty even more. Nichkhun laughed.

“It looked like he had a bad stay at Jeju,” he laughed as he remembered WooYoung state.

 

“And I know why,”  she thought.

 

When they arrived at her house, he helped MinYoung with her bags until the porch.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” Nichkhun asked as he suddenly grabbed her hand before she had the chance to go inside the house.

“We’ll see,” she smiled weakly and tried to get inside but got pulled back again. She looked up at him, confused. He had his lips pout. Nichkhun missed MinYoung so much that he longed to kiss her. MinYoung perfectly knew what he wanted. He wanted a kiss from MinYoung and he would do it in a way that he knows she would give in to: by acting cute. MinYoung leaned in and gave him a quick kiss and said goodbye.

 

“Maybe she’s just tired,” Nichkhun thought as he started the engine. He looked back at where MinYoung stood and saw her go inside the house.

 

~●♥●~