Mathematics

Like a Dream (꿈결처럼)

That old Naeun is gone. So don’t look for her! XD

–Infinite’s White Confession (Lately) – it played on Naeun’s iPad. “Oh, INPINITEU!” she squealed as she went back to her senses. “Yah, keep quiet!” a guy who was sitting on the bench behind Naeun shouted. But Naeun didn’t hear it because when the guy shouted, it was exactly the time Infinite started singing and Naeun sang along. “Yah Naeunnie!”Yookyung jumped and hopped as she went to Naeun showing her laptop. Yookyung caught Naeun’s attention and she stopped singing. “Look, I’ve got you a boyfriend!” Yookyung exclaimed.

–Maknae Sohee is now in a relationship with Im Seulong. – it was shown on the laptop.

The guy looked at them and mumbled, “Oh she’s roleplaying. Interesting” Yookyung looked at the guy with a curious face and the guy wore his headphones. “Crazy,” Yookyung glared at him.

“Yah I told you to stop opening my accounts! I already changed my password there…” Naeun complained. “I was bored and I had nothing to do. Besides, your password is too easy to guess, if it’s not your birthday then its evilworks or blackpropaganda.”Yookyung defended. “But that doesn’t give you any right to open my account. It’s privacy. PEU. RA. I. BA. SHI!” Naeun said, emphasizing peuraibashi. Yookyung pouted. Naeun placed her books and the newspaper on her left side and grabbed the laptop from Yookyung. She changed the password. Yookyung saw the newspaper and picked it up, “Isn’t this Infinite and Rian? *she read the title* Omomomomo, Infinite and Rian are going to Japan?” she said. “Yeah, you already saw it. *she shook her head* If you want to go, then go. Don’t worry, I won’t be mad.” Naeun puffed her cheeks. “Yah~” Yookyung scratched her head.

–Password successfully changed. – it was shown on the laptop.

“Use it ‘till you can.” Naeun smirked, picked up all her things and stood up. She gave the laptop to Yookyung. “Oh and throw that piece of crap… Oh no, no. I’ll do it for you *as she grabbed the newspaper from Yookyung and crumpled it* Ciao!” Naeun said as she left, throwing the crumpled newspaper backwards which accidentally hit the guy’s head. “Yah Naeunnie, where are you going?! Use what, huh? Aigoo, you’re always leaving me confused!” Yookyung shouted.

The guy turned around and whispered, “Because our language and vocabulary are only for genius people.”Yookyung glared at him, “Eh? Your language and Naeunnie’s language, the same? Hmph! Never!” The guy took of his headphones, “Yes, never…” he said. Yookyung let her tongue out. “You will never understand our language.” the guy continued. “Yah!” Yookyung was annoyed and she noticed that the guy was writing something in a lecture-like notebook. She stood up and snatched it from him. Yookyung ran around and made the guy chase him. She ran as fast as she can but suddenly stopped. She looked back, “He’s gone!” she said as she sighed in relief. She climbed up on a tree and opened the notebook. She read it aloud, “If x is equal to 3 and y is equal to 1, what is 2x2y(12xy + 11k – 3y4)?” Yookyung knocked her head, “these things make me dizzy… *she transferred it to another page* A sophomore student of Incheon University. *she viewed all the next pages then she saw math problems* No more? *she went back to the previous page* Anti-fan of Rian. Rian’s ex-best friend. Naeunnie? Omo.” Yookyung was so scared that she almost broke down. “Yah! Give me back my notebook!” the guy found Yookyung reading all his notes.

Yookyung who almost broke down a few seconds ago was back to normal in a second, “Incheon University. *the guy looked at her with a curious face* You’re from the same school too? What a small world.” She said. The guy nodded. Yookyung went down from the tree; she gave the notebook to the guy and smiled. “You know what, mathematics makes me dizzy but you managed to solve those math problems…” she sighed. The guy looked at her, “That’s Algebra… it’s not just that simple and freaky Math.” he said. “Mathematics has many branches, you know.” He chuckled. Yookyung looked at the ground sadly, “Sometimes I wonder why we need to solve those math problems or algebra or what-so-ever when there are more important problems in our life but-“, “But do you think it exists for no reason?” the guy mumbled. Yookyung looked at him with sparkling eyes. The guy grabbed her hand and forcedly shook it, “Lee Byunghun here, you can call me L.joe.” Yookyung giggled, “L.joe? So Joey! Kyungie here, Hong Yookyung!” she said as she bowed. “Yah don’t call me that!” L.joe complained.

L.joe looked at the sky, “Kyu-kyung-“ he mumbled. “Hmm?” Yookyung said. “You know, sometimes mathematics is like us.”  L.joe said. “Ehh? Wae?” Yookyung asked. “Hard to deal with…“ L.joe sighed. “I don’t understand…” Yookyung pouted as she shook her head. “Like your friend, she seems cold and too hard to handle but as time passed by, you knew the solution how to deal with her and little by little you accepted what she is and who she is.” L.joe smiled at her. “Right! She’s really like math, she makes me dizzy and all!” Yookyung crossed her arms and stumped her feet. “But you love her right?” L.joe asked. “Of course! She’s my one and only super-duper ultra-mega best friend forever and ever, to infinity and beyond and ‘till the end of the rainbow!” Yookyung quickly shouted. L.joe dropped his jaw and froze. Yookyung looked at him worriedly, “Yah Joey! Are you okay? Joey!” she said as she shook L.joe.  L.joe made a silly face which made Yookyung shocked. “Yah! You scared me!” Yookyung said as she hit L.joe’s shoulder. L.joe smirked. “You speak fast! Great!” L.joe exclaimed as he clapped for Yookyung slowly. “Ehh? I did?” Yookyung raised an eye brow. L.joe nodded. “Then, can I be considered as genius now?” Yookyung asked, blinking cutely. L.joe rolled his eyes, “We’ll see…” he said as he started walking. “Yah! Tell me now~” Yookyung said. L.joe looked back and took his tongue out. “Yah Joey!” Yookyung shouted as she chased L.joe.

L.joe pulled her hand and covered , “Hey Monkyung, don’t call me that. I’m popular here.” L.joe said as he looked around. Yookyung looked at him and narrowed her eyes, “WERDAERSDFA IOUCKJH!” L.joe bit his lip, “What?” he asked. Yookyung looked at his hand on . “Oh, sorry!” L.joe said, removing his hand on Yookyung’s mouth. Yookyung raised an eye brow. “What again?” L.joe complained. Yookyung looked at his hand holding her hand. L.joe smirked, “I don’t want to.” He said. “Yah! Let go!” Yookyung exclaimed as she forcedly released her hand unlocked at L.joe’s hand. L.joe held it hardly. “Yah ert!” Yookyung shouted. “Go then. Go shout or else I’m gonna cover your mouth again.” L.joe dared. “Aish! Annoying.” Yookyung mumbled. “Just let go of my hand pleaseu.” Yookyung begged as she blinked cutely. L.joe ruffled her hair, “Sure then, Monkyung.” He said as he let go of her hand. “Finally, I’m free~” Yookyung said as she spun around. L.joe looked at her and giggled.

Hearing those sincere words from L.joe made Yookyung forget what she saw minutes ago. She felt that she wasn’t alone and someone understands her situation. L.joe, who was acting cold and a bit harsh towards Yookyung at first, changed. He thought Yookyung resembled her younger sister which he really missed. That innocence or somehow slowness, that childishness, that immatureness and that cuteness of Yookyung, those traits somehow made L.joe remember that he had a family. And also made him forget what his aim really is, for a while.