Broken Promises

Like a Dream (꿈결처럼)

 

 

“Hyung! Where’s Minwoo?” Youngmin asked Jeongmin as he entered the room. Jeongmin was playing computer games. “Minwoo? I haven’t seen him since...” Jeongmin said, spinning his favorite dark blue office chair around, facing Youngmin. “Since when?” Youngmin looked around the room. “Since now,” Jeongmin stood up and stretched. “Where did he go?” Youngmin mumbled as he lied on the bed. “Yah! My milkshake!” Jeongmin warned Youngmin when he almost hit Jeongmin’s chocolate milkshake placed on the table beside the bed.

--

“Yah My milkshake!” Naeun shouted as she saw Youngmin sipping in her milkshake. Naeun ran towards him and punched him lightly. Youngmin his lips then looked at Naeun, “Naeunyah! What’s more important to you, your boyfriend or that milkshake?” he asked. “Eh?” Naeun looked at Youngmin worriedly and puffed her cheeks, “Is my jagiya sick?” she asked as she placed her hands on Youngmin’s forehead. Youngmin shook her head. “Then why are you asking those questions so sudden? Do you want to marry me now?” Naeun said as she placed her head on Youngmin’s shoulder. “Just answer my question.” Youngmin wrapped his arm around Naeun’s waist. “My dream!” Naeun shouted to Youngmin’s ears. Youngmin rubbed his ears, “Tsch. Not even in the choices.” He complained. Youngmin looked at her, “But what’s your dream?” he asked. “To stand onstage and perform.” Naeun said. “Really? Then we have the same dream.” Youngmin smiled. Naeun shook her head, “My dream isn’t to prove the world that I am the best.” She said. Youngmin scratched his head. “Your dream is to stand onstage and peform, I am going to do that to prove the world I am the best. Then we have the same dream.” Youngmin rephrased.

“Your dream is to stand onstage and perform because you want to prove the world that you are the best. My dream is to stand onstage and perform because that’s my sister’s dream.” Naeun explained one by one. Youngmin nodded. “Same aim, same goal but different reason.” Naeun continued. Youngmin looked at her, “Your sister’s dream? Then it’s not your dream, you pabo!” he said as he knocked Naeun’s head slightly.  “No! Since my sister went bye bye already, I want to continue her dream! So, it’s my dream already~” Naeun sang as she rubbed her head. Youngmin caressed her cheek, “Then we shall stand on the same stage, same place, same time, same accomplishment but different reason.” He whispered to Naeun’s ear as he pecked on her cheek. “Promise?” Naeun said as she raised her pinky finger. “Promise,” Youngmin said, entwining his pinky to Naeun’s. 

--

“Yah! My milkshake!” Jeongmin warned Youngmin when he almost hit Jeongmin’s chocolate milkshake placed on the table beside the bed. Youngmin didn’t reply. He was just looking at Jeongmin’s milkshake. Jeongmin moved his milkshake making Youngmin go back to his senses. “She promised me.” Youngmin sighed. Jeongmin knocked Youngmin’s head, “What she? Minwoo’s a he, bro.” he said. “Oh did he promise you that he’ll treat you again? Gaaah, he always break his promises!” Jeongmin continued. Youngmin sat and looked down, “She never broke any of our promises.” He mumbled. “Lie!” Jeongmin shouted. Jeongmin’s shout made Youngmin forget about his first love suddenly. Youngmin pouted, “If it’s true, hyung should treat me!” he said. “Yah Youngmin! I don’t have anything to do with your business!” Jeongmin exclaimed. Someone knocked on the door. “Oh? Come in!” Jeongmin shouted. “Jeongmin hyung! If Youngmin hyung finds me, tell him I am busy and I don’t have time to treat him!” Minwoo shouted outside Jeongmin’s room without even daring to enter the room. Jeongmin looked at Youngmin as he smirked, “See?” he said. “Minwooyah! You liar. I’m gonna curse you! I’ll tell you to your parents! And I won’t mind if Eunmin comes here again, messing your room!  Also, if Aunt leaves and you don’t have any place to leave Eunmin except our house with my little brother!” Youngmin shouted as he left Jeongmin’s room, chasing Minwoo out the house.

The reality that Naeun broke her promise hurts him a lot. He just thinks that everything happened to him in the past was just a dream. But sometimes he just can’t forget it. The fact that it hurts a lot and he can’t even do anything is really bothering him. ‘What’s dream if there’s no Naeun?’ that question always come to his mind. Naeun changed his point of view. For him, dreams are nothing if you don’t have someone to share with.

Yes, I love Verdana font :3 Please deal with it! ;U;