Heartbroken

Through Thick and Thin [Summer Heat Pre-Quel]

It was a cold and windy fall night, and something felt off for Wooyoung. Nichkhun was out, but it was extremely late at night. Around one in the morning or so. Whenever Nichkhun was going to get home this late, he would usually call since Wooyoung would always wait for him. He would always tell him to go to sleep, but even so, Wooyoung would wait to make sure his best friend got home safely.

He looks at his phone once more, for the third time in the past five minutes. Still nothing. Worry begins to take over him, and he begins to pace around the living room. 

5 more minutes, that seem like hours, go by, and still nothing. Wooyoung is now heading off to bed seeing no hope in waiting, but suddenly sees his phone light up. Whether it was relief, excitement, anger, or just his reflects, he rushes to the phone and picks it up.

"Nichkhun?! Where are you! Why didn't you call me that you were going to be out late!" questioned Wooyoung with his worried tone.

Nichkhun leaves a dead silence for a few seconds, then asnwers, "I'm sorry Wooyoung. But, do you think you can pick me up at the park by the apartment?" whispered Nichkhun. Something feeled off. Just like when Nichkhun didn't call, but Wooyoung brushed it off being reliefed after his hyung called.

"Aish! Fine! I'll be there as soon as possible!" responded Wooyoung, seeming annoyed

Wooyoung being concerned, basically ran to the park, arriving there in less than 5 minutes. He was drenched with sweat, but the wind helped a little. He was looking for Nichkhun, wondering what he could be doing here at such late hour. At his surprise, he was just sitting. Sitting on the bench next to the big tree that they would always hang out and eat ice cream by after dance practices.. 

"Hyung! I'm. Here!" exclaimed Wooyoung as ge was waving at Nichkhun, while trying to catch his breath at the same time

Wooyoung walked up to him, but Nichkhun's head was down, no response.

"Ya! Are you okay?" asked Wooyoung beginning to be worried at his unresponsive friend

Nichkhun shook his head, making Wooyoung concerned. He panicked so he searched his body for wounds. Nothing visible... Why did he say he's hurt? But then he saw, he saw Nichkhun's tears falling from his swollen red eyes and down his cheeks and hitting his now drenched pants, clearly showing he's been crying for a while. At the sight of his hyung crying, Wooyoung rushed a hug to Nichkhun.

"It's okay, I'm here now. Don't worry." whispered Wooyoung. He wanted to ask what happened, but Nichkhun was abviously hurt by it, and asking him about it might make him hurt more. So he didn't. He just stayed there hugging Nichkhun, just like a best friend would.

"She... broke up with me.." Nichkhun broke the silence, which surprised Wooyoung. More the less he was more surprised of waht he just said, his eyes grew wide in disbelief. "They were so good a couple of days ago... I wonder what happened..." he thought to himself

"It's ok Nichkhun, it's ok" Wooyoung now hugging him tighter because Nichkhun started crying harder into his shoulders

After a while of crying Wooyoung finally said, "Ok! Enough, we're going to go home so you can rest!" Wooyoung let him go, turned around and knelt down. "Here, let me take you!" he said as he smiled to his hyung

Nichkhun is taller and probably heavier than Wooyoung, which made it harder on him, but he since his hyung seems to enjoy it, he just deals with it and carries on. After a good 10 minute walk they finally arrive at their home. Exhausted from the walk, Wooyoung immediately goes staright to his and Nichkhun's room and puts him gently on his bed. Nichkhun fell asleep during the walk home, which make Wooyoung relived. He seemed like he wansn't in such pain as when he was awake.

Wooyoung gave him a last pat in the back as he too went off to sleep...

---

I don't even know. LOL. But yeah, I hope you like the first chapter of this series.

Sorry if it's sloppy, but I didn't know what to write until a few hours ago. I hope you like!

Comments are always welcome.