Decoder

Matoki Planet: The After stories

Enjoy and please leave comments~ 

_____________________

 

PAST

“Daehyun, you have to slow down for me.” Hyosung said. Daehyun had recently lost his voice and been learning how to gesture. Daehyun gestured again and pointed to the word home.

“Home.” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded.

“What about home?” Hyosung said.

“Home: I love you.” Daehyun said.

“Alright.” Hyosung said. Hyosung understood why he would use home. Home was their password to their house. Though, she would have to fix it because it was voice activated. Home is where Daehyun is happy. Home was his haven, home is where he act freely with Hyosung. And it had been a month since he been at home, trapped in the hospital until the doctor says hes ok.

“I love you too.” Hyosung mouthed. Daehyun nodded. Daehyun started looking at different gestures and Hyosung followed along with him. A knock on the door was heard. It was Yongguk.

“Hey Daehyun.” Yongguk said. It took two weeks for Yongguk to come around. He felt guilty towards Daehyun and didn’t know how to react or talk to Daehyun for the matter.

“Hey Yongguk.” Daehyun gestured.

“How are you feeling?” Yongguk said.

“Good, still learning but I think I’m getting a good understanding of how to do it.” Daehyun gestured.

“That’s good.” Yongguk said. Yongguk was able to learn Daehyun’s language faster because Hyosung didn’t want to be around Daehyun too often. Hyosung was able to come visit every 4 days while Yongguk came around every day. Of course, she only did that so people wouldn’t suspect anything between the two.

“I finally got Zelo working but he can’t….” Yongguk said, but he stopped.

“He can’t talk either?” Daehyun gestured. He knew only because before the incident, he was helping Yongguk out.

“Yea…I was trying out a program but he can only say about 10 words…” Yongguk said. Hyosung sat down and glared at Yongguk.

“You better choose wisely on what words to use.” Daehyun gestured. Yongguk chuckled.

“I don’t know how I’m going to come up with that.” Yongguk said. Daehyun shrugged.

“Can we stop talking about a talking robot? We need to help Daehyun learn…” Hyosung said.

“Commander, it’s alright, Yongguk is just trying to update me on what he’s been doing.” Daehyun gestured.

“I’m sorry, Hyosung.” Yongguk said. Daehyun nodded. Hyosung just sat down and started looking over the gestures book.

“Yongguk… Yongguk… don’t worry about it. Hyosung is mad because it’s still hard to understand me.” Daehyun gestured.

“I understand.” Yongguk said. Hyosung glared at Yongguk.

“I should get going…” Yongguk said, and he quietly exited the room.

“Ice Cream.” Daehyun gestured.

“Ice cream: I think they know…” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded. Hyosung smiled at Daehyun. She grabbed his hand.

“I will get you home soon. We will overcome this obstacle.” Hyosung said, a tear fell from her eyes.

“Don’t cry… you being here is all I ask for.” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung was only able to pick up a few words but she understood anyways. Hyosung nodded and Daehyun just continued to teach her his language.

--------

Hyosung looked at the time. It was almost midnight. She walked outside and told the soldiers to leave since it was late. Daehyun had been able to move around but his throat was still healing so moving or quick actions weren’t in his best interest.

“Is it ok for them to leave?” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung nodded.

“I’ll be right back.” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded. She came back with a wheel chair.

“What are you doing?” Daehyun gestured. Hyosung didn’t say anything and continued getting stuff out of her bag.

“Here. I want you to put this on.” Hyosung said. It was a neck protector, hiding his scars and covered his mouth as well. She put a beanie on his head and got some clothes out.

“Can I leave?” Daehyun gestured. He knew for sure, he wasn’t going to be able to leave the hospital.  Hyosung put a wig on and started changing into civilian wear.

“I’m taking you home… It’s just for one night.” Hyosung said. Daehyun’s ears perked.

“Home?” Daehyun gestured.

“Home.” Hyosung said.

“I love you, too.” Daehyun mouthed out. Hyosung smiled.