Jieun the Stalker

Matoki Planet: The After stories

I have not written for a while so i wanted to end the year with the rest of the one shots that I have made. 

Happy New Years! 

--------------------------------------------

 

PAST

“Your mail is here.” A bodyguard said, dumping another pile of love letters on Jieun’s desk. Jieun sighed. She was the princess and there was no official duties for her to do, but she was constantly getting letters. She decided to go get some fresh air before going back to them.

--------

Jieun walked into the marketplace, she didn’t take her bodyguards because one) they would cause a scene and two) she snuck out.

“Excuse me.” Youngjae called out. Jieun didn’t turn around.

“Excuse me.” Youngjae called out again. Jieun paused but didn’t turn around.

“Princess Jieun…” Youngjae whispered. Jieun stopped, she wore a disguise but how did he know it was her. Jieun slowly turned around and saw a young man, who was oddly dressed. His face was covered and he wore glasses. She couldn’t recognize him. He took his glasses off. And she still could not pinpoint any recognition.

“I am not the princess.” Jieun said.

“I know you are though…” Youngjae said. Jieun was confused. Everyone knew Jieun was the princess but not everyone knew what she looked like.

“Ok….. Say I was the princess, is there something you need?” Jieun said.

“I wanted you to read this…” Youngjae said, shoving his letter to Jieun before she can say no.

“Uh… Thanks.” Jieun said, turning around and walking away. When suddenly she felt a pull on her arm.

“Can you read it now?” Youngjae said.

“Oh… ok…” Jieun said. She opened the letter and read it.

            Dear Jieun,

            I love you ~ You may not know me but if we were given an opportunity, I believe that you will understand why we are so compatible together. You can stop reading other letters~ you can stop sneaking out to get fresh air~ Please consider me, give me a chance. I love you~  

           From Youngjae.


Jieun finished the letter and was kinda creeped out now.

“I’m thankful for your letter. But I just don’t feel that way towards you.” Jieun said. She started walking away.

“Please, can you reconsider?” Youngjae said. Jieun tried to pull her arm away from him. She didn’t want to scream cause that would really cause a scene.

“Sir, please take your hand off the lady.” Yongguk said. Jieun turned to see Yongguk and Himchan. Youngjae instantly took his hand off of her and ran off.

“Wait, where are you going?” Himchan screamed, running after Youngjae. Jieun felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Are you ok?” Yongguk said. Jieun nodded. She didn’t want him to recognize her.

“You know, you should scream if you are in danger? You shouldn’t be so quiet, no one is going to know you are in danger.” Yongguk said. Jieun didn’t give him eye contact. Himchan was seen afar. He gave a thumbs down, meaning he lost Youngjae.

“Alright, well, I hope you are more careful getting home.” Yongguk said.

“Wait… are you going to the base?” Jieun asked.

“Yea? How did you know?” Yongguk said.

“Your badge… My house is that way…” Jieun said.

“Alright, feel free to come with us. It’s probably safer anyways.” Yongguk said. Jieun nodded and followed him.

“So, what is your name?” Yongguk said. Jieun looked at him. Yongguk laughed.

“I’m Yongguk.” Yongguk said.

“I’m Jieun.” Jieun said.

“Jieun like the princess?” Yongguk said. Jieun just nodded again. Yongguk laughed again.

“What’s funny?” Jieun said.

“Every “Jieun” must be pretty.” Yongguk said. Jieun blushed.

“I…” Jieun said.
“Hey, Yongguk! We are going to be late!” Himchan said, running ahead of Yongguk. Yongguk looked at the watch.

“Hyosung is going to kill me!” Yongguk said. Jieun was staring at him.

“I’m sorry we can’t take you home. Have a safe trip.” Yongguk said, patting her on the head and running off.

“I am the princesss…….” Jieun said. But Yongguk couldn’t hear her. Jieun just watched him go.

-------------

“You snuck off again?” Zinger said. Jieun just sighed, she took her wig off and threw the her glasses off. She looked at Youngjae’s letter and threw it away. She looked at her pile of notes again.

“I alphabetized them… because I was bored.” Zinger said.

“Like that makes any difference.” Jieun said.

“I don’t know.” Zinger said. She left the room. Jieun looked around and started digging into the pile.

“Yongguk? Yongguk… Yongguk… Here it is.” Jieun said.

 

            Dear Jieun,

            I am Yongguk… I am a Solider but you already know that... My friend, Hyosung told me that I wouldn’t be able to have a chance to even be friends with you. But, fate has given me the opportunity to be friends, because maybe Hyosung is a good friend, or you are just a bright, beautiful, open hearted person. I think it’s the second choice. I know this is a bit forward of me, but I would like to personally  take you out on a date? Just one? Or two? Even if you don’t want to, I will understand your answer. I hope I will hear from you soon? Have a nice day.

           From Yongguk.

 

Jieun silently smiled and hugged the letter. Jieun stared down at the base. She saw Yongguk being punished for being 1 minute late. Jieun smiled at herself as she continued to stare at Yongguk.