Daehyun's Day Offs

Matoki Planet: The After stories

 

First Chapter! Please subscribe, comment and enjoy! 

-------------------------------------

PAST

“Daehyun, so where are you going?” Sungwoo said. He finished his shower and went back to the locker room. Daehyun just closed his locker.

“I don’t think I have to tell you.” Daehyun said. He grabbed his bag and walked out.

“You are going to have to tell me one day.” Sungwoo yelled out. Daehyun smirked.

“Like I will ever tell you, maybe in 10 years.” Daehyun whispered.

-------------------

Daehyun walked out of the military base. He looked around before heading to town.

His phone ranged.

“Hey Daehyun? Are you home?” Sunhwa said.

“No, I am not. Why?” Daehyun said.

“I wanted to eat dinner with you? Where are you?” Sunhwa said.

“I can’t tonight, I’m going to be at the gym for a while.” Daehyun said. He looked around him before entering a small loft at the edge of town.

“Alright, I guess I will hang out with you next time.” Sunhwa said.

“Sorry. Bye.” Daehyun said. He ran up the stairs and got to a door. He pressed the button.

“Password: Required” The door stated.

“Home.” Daehyun said.

“Password: Granted.” The door stated and slid open. Daehyun walked in and looked around.

“She shouldn’t be here yet.” Daehyun said, dropping his stuff down.

“Who’s not here yet?” Hyosung said. She got there 3 hours before.

“I thought you were at base….” Daehyun said.

“Daehyun, haven’t you noticed that I am talking through a screen most of the time.” Hyosung said.

“Yea, the background is your office, ON BASE.” Daehyun said. He kissed Hyosung on the cheek.

“Well, I hope you don’t mind but…. I fixed some things to the house.” Hyosung said. Daehyun stared at her.

“Like what?” Daehyun said. He was training on base for the most of the week, so coming home was rare. On the other hand, Hyosung had a more flexible schedule. Hyosung dragged Daehyun to the corner of the office.

“It looks like your office at work…” Daehyun said. Hyosung hugged Daehyun’s arm.

“Isn’t it better? I can be here while looking like I’m at work.” Hyosung said.

“But what if someone really needs you physically at work? It takes a good 50 minutes to get back.” Daehyun said. Hyosung’s smile dropped.

“Hey, I am doing this so I can spend more time with you. Why are you being so negative!?” Hyosung said.

“I’m not trying to be negative…we wanted to remain secret from everyone. I just don’t want you be alone here. At least when we are at work, we are not that far from each other.” Daehyun said.

“I’m still going to work but this gives more time together.” Hyosung said. Daehyun nodded.

“Should I start cooking?” Hyosung said, skipping out of the office.

“Hey, I think we should go into the city tonight?” Daehyun said. Hyosung smiled.

“Sure, who should we be today?” Hyosung said, looking through a closet of disguises.

“Whoever you want to be.” Daehyun said.

“Mr. Baek and Ms. Lee, two college graduates from Matoki University, you are studying Law and I am a sociology major.” Hyosung said, holding up two fake ids.

“Really?” Daehyun said. Hyosung placed glasses on him and gave him a beanie.

“Yes. I haven’t tried this one in a while.” Hyosung said, putting a wig on.

“I’ll grab our backpacks.” Daehyun said.

“I hope we don’t see anyone.” Hyosung said.

“I know, the last person I want to see is Sungwoo.” Daehyun said.

“Why? He’s a fun guy.” Hyosung said. Daehyun looked back at Hyosung.

“He has been asking….” Daehyun said.

“Oh, really, man, maybe we should head up north.” Hyosung said.

“We should go west, we haven’t explored that area of Matoki yet.” Daehyun said.


“Sure, no one we know lives there.” Hyosung said. Daehyun adjusted his beanie and grabbed Hyosung’s hand.

“I love you.” Daehyun said. Hyosung smiled and kissed him.

“I love you, too. Mr. Baek.” Hyosung said.

“Ms. Lee, let’s go.” Daehyun said.