The First Day

Two Can Play At That Game...

** Just to let you know, Seoul Performing Arts Academy is a boarding school. Sungmin got into Seoul Performing Arts Acadmey in Semester 2, Sunny got accepted in Semester 3, and this is still the first day of the Semester, so technically she's a newbie ^^

 

 

I stood outside of the tremendous building for the second time, only this time my nerves had almost completely vanished, and a huge smile was plastered on my face. I walked into Seoul Performing Arts Academy, excited about my new year and the great activities I would get to participate in. 

 
I thought of the last time I was here, I thought about the boy I'd met... I thought about Sungmin. If my smile grew wider when I was thinking about him, what would I do if I met him again? I inwardly cursed myself for stressing over a boy. Sunny! It's the first day at a new school and you're already worried about a boy?! Snap out of it! Focus, focus! I sped up my walking pace and looked towards the ground, attempting to clear my head. 
 
I felt a hard bang against my chest and fell to the ground, leaving my books scattered everywhere. I had crashed into someone. Of course. I didn't bother to look at who I had bumped into, I just gathered up my books and said sorry.
 
"Oh... Mianhe, mianhe" I bowed. I heard no response and slowly looked up to see the face of the person I crashed into. It was...
"Sungmin" I smiled. He looked at me with a shocked expression, then smiled back. He looked back to his friends behind him, and suddenley his expression changed.
"Uh, sorry do I know you?" he asked.
"Um ye, the audition day remember?"
Sungmin rolled his eyes "No." I could literally feel my heart sink towards my stomach.
"Oh... anyways, mianhe for crashing into you." I bowed again. He chuckled conceitedly.
"Yeah, you better be, now get outta the way, us kinga's wanna walk through this school without having to dodge 'round people like you. C'mon guys, lets go." 
I felt paralysed. I didn't know what to do, what to say, If I should say something. I sighed disappointedly, turned the other way and started to walk away slowly. I stopped again when I felt someone's arm sling around my shoulder, and turn me the other way. Sungmin?
"Hey, Hyung! Have some manners! No need to be rude to the poor girl. Especially a girl who's HOT!" I looked at the boy and his unrecognisable face. I could feel the heat rush up to my cheeks, knowing that my face would already be the colour of a tomato. Sungmin glared at me and the boy. 
"Donghae-" he started angrily.
"No I mean it! Look at how sad she is." Donghae, put on a silly voice and pulled downwards on my cheeks trying to make me look sad. His friends starting laughing and even I had a bit of a giggle.
"Yeah, Sungmin! How can you be mean to a girl like that? I mean, look at how cute her smile is!" A boy said. Donghae was nodding stupidly making me giggle even more.
"Don't listen to Sungmin, he's just a big bully." The boy finished while taking a step towards me and patting my head. Sungmin groaned and started to walk off. All his friends followed him except Donghae and the other boy who stayed routed to the spot. 
 
"Sorry for the commotion, Sungmin's like that," the boy said. "Oh and by the way I'm Kim Jaejoong." he said smiling. Donghae removed his arm from my shoulder and went to stand next to Jaejoong.
"Yeah, he can get a bit like that sometimes. But, come to think of it, Sungmin did say that he met a cute girl on the audition day." Donghae smiled. So he did remember me..
"He must've met someone else." I said with my head down. I couldn't believe Sungmin would act like that. All I was sure of was that any feelings that I thought I had for him were most definately gone.
"I'm sure it was you, you look exactly like he explained! Long brown hair, cute smile-" Donghae started
"Short." Jaejoong finished. 
"Yah!" I yelled to Jaejoong as I hit his arm. Him and Donghae merely laughed.
"Hey, Sungmin said it not me! Besides short is cute!" Jaejoong shouted defensively. I merely giggled. Donghae looked at his wristwatch.
"Argh, the bell's gonna go off soon," he muttered to himself "Hey do you have any classes with us... um...sorry I don't know your name."
"Yeah you know our names, why don't we know yours?" Jaejoong questioned.
"My name's Soonkyu, but everyone calls me Sunny." 
"I can see why." Jaejoong grinned.
"Well, first up I have double dance, and then-"
"Dance class J?" Donghae asked.
"Yeah why? Wait, you're in the same dance class as me?" I looked at him with my head tilted.
Donghae nodded enthusiastically.
"Yes and our teacher's Ms Jung, and boy does she get angry when we're late. Catcha later Joong."
"But the bell hasn't even-" The school bell stopped Jaejoong from finishing. He groaned, rolled his eyes, waved a goodbye and started jogging in the other direction.
"Quick!" Donghae exclaimed. He grabbed onto my wrist and started running, pulling me behind him. I panted trying to keep up. We finally arrived at room 249 and thankfully Miss Jung didn't realise Donghae and I had snuck in.
 
"Donghae-ah, when is the bell going to ring? I'm so tired," I groaned while fanning myself, we had been stretching and exercising for over half an hour, and the humidity was terrible. "and I'm sweating like a pig!" 
"Oh, you know what's good for stopping sweat?" he asked. I shook my head.
"No, wha-?" I felt cold water being poured all over my head. I screamed and slapped his chest as the bell rang.
"Class dismissed. Oh, and next week we will be doing more than interpretive warm-ups and streches." Miss Jung roared.
We left the classroom, and I was still fuming over what Donghae had done.
"Lee Donghae!" I yelled "I'm gonna kill you!" 
"What can a shorty like you do to a big strong man like me?" he said matter of factly. I rolled my tongue in my cheek, a sign that I was angry. At that moment my best friend Sooyoung waltzed over.
"Sunny, where were you this morning? I couldn't find you and- Oh who are you angry at?" I pointed to Donghae who chuckled.
"Yah! You leave my shorty alone!" she shouted while pointing to him. Donghae laughed even more and took a step towards me.
"Oh I'm sorry Sunny, but hey at least you've cooled off now." Donghae finally apologised while patting under my chin.
"Not forgiven." I stuck my tongue out at him and started laughing. He pouted, then waved goodbye and walked off.
"Bye bye Sunshine!" he yelled.
"Oh, so you're just gonna ditch me for your boyfriend now?" Sooyoung asked. I lightly slapped her cheeck - the highest point I can reach on her. Curse my short arms!
"Me and Donghae aren't dating and I don't like him, we're just friends." Sooyoung nodded, obviously unconvinced.
"Whatever you say, Sunshine" I scowled.
 
 
**Sungmin's POV**
I stood at my locker watching Donghae... who was talking to Soonkyu! No, not talking... flirting. 
"Bye bye Sunshine!" I heard him yell. Sunshine?! 
"Hey, Sungmin." He greeted. 
"So, I see you were flirting with Soonkyu." I stated blankly. He looked at me with a bewildered expression. Pff, come off it Donghae, I saw what you were doing.
"Soonkyu..?" He asked, still with an expression of confusion. "Oh, you mean Sunny!" he practically beamed. Sunny?!
"Sunny? Her name's Soonkyu." I explained.
"Yeah I know, she told me to call her Sunny, she said that everyone does. Have you talked to her without insulting her? She's so nice, and funny, and beautiful, and she's got the cutest smile." Donghae smiled, and stared off into nothing. Obviously daydreaming about her.
"Yeah, I know." I muttered.
 
I thought about the audition day, I thought about Sunny. Just thinking about her made me smile. And to think that Donghae was flirting with her, flirting with my Soonkyu! My smile turned into a scowl. How could I get her to notice me? Just then, an idea popped into my mind. I saw Sunny with Sooyoung, walking around, talking and laughing. 
"This oughta get her attention..." I smirked.
"Hey, Sooyoung." I greeted while putting my arm around her waist. 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mianhe! This chapter is pretty boring and a big step down from the first chapter... 
But I promise the chapter quality will improve ^^
Kamsahamnida for reading!