Falling Slowly?

Two Can Play At That Game...

** Just to let you know, Seoul Performing Arts Academy is a boarding school. Sungmin got into Seoul Performing Arts Acadmey in Semester 2, Sunny got accepted in Semester 3, and this is still the first day of the Semester, so technically she's a newbie ^^

 
 
Falling Slowly?
 
An ungainly silence filled the air between me and Sungmin while the rest of the class was still tittering quietly. I tapped my fingers on the desk while biting my lip, desperately trying to fill the silence. 
 
"NO TALKING!" I sat up straight and ceased my tapping when I heard the teacher yell for a second time. 
"Now, my name is Mr.Yi and I will be your drama teacher for the remainder of the year. Since it's the start of a new semester I though it would be fun to put on a musical. The play was put together by students your age who attented Seoul Performing Arts Academy. It's called Love Is A Melody, and is a story about two young lovers." Murmurs filled the class as the Mr. Yi took the pieces of paper with our names written on them off the desks and placed them into a bucket. The silence between me and Sungmin still remained, only now it seemed even more awkward. 
 
"Soonkyu, you're new to this school, ye?" Mr. Yi asked as he walked over to the desk me and Sungmin were seated at. I nodded.
"Uh, Mr. Yi she prefers to be called Sunny." I turned to Sungmin. Did he really just say that?  Mr. Yi nodded at Sungmin, obviously unconvinced.
"Uh huh, ofcourse," The sarcasm was clear in Mr. Yi's voice, 
"Have you ever done any acting before?"
"Aniyo, my old school barely had any extra curricular activities involved with performing arts." I answered. He smiled while nodding his head and taking the names off of the desk and placing them into the bucket. The ungainly silence returned, and for me it was almost unbearable. I sighed a deep frustrated sigh. Stupid Sungmin.
"Sunny?" I turned my head when I heard his voice. I sighed again.
"Yes?" I tried to hide the curiosity in my voice.
"Can we start over?" His voice was soft and his eyes were pleading. I had my hesitations, wondering if he was just setting me up. I looked at the desk then back to Sungmin.
"I-I guess." I answered. He gave me a big smile.
"Thanks Sunny!" He exclaimed. He leaned forward and went to give me a hug. I slapped his arm and glared at him.
"I'm still angry at you." I snapped. He looked down, in dissapointment for a few seconds. 
"I'm sowwwy Sunny sshi." He was using his aegyo again. I couldn't help but laugh. I was about to reply when the Mr. Yi started to talk again. 
 
"Now, the reason I've collected your names in a bucket is so we can pick out who will be playing who. We simply don't have time for auditions at the moment, but I believe that all of you are capable actors, and that each and every one of you will be able to play whichever part you get given." 
I started to panic. I had never done any acting in my life, let alone memorise lines and play a part. I hadn't even performed anything in front of anyone. Sure I had sang infront of my family but never anything else. I braced myself as Mr. Yi started to take names out of the bucket and call out what part they had been assigned. I was shaking waiting for my name to be called out. I didn't notice that Taecyeon was passing the scripts around until he handed me one. I picked it up; my hands shivering. Taecyeon smiled at me.
"Don't be nervous, Sunny, you'll be amazing no matter what part you get." He winked at me before he started to walk off. I was almost too nervous to smile back. 
"Lee Sungmin, you are playing Park Kyugin." The class erupted into applause. I turned my head to look at Sungmin who was beaming. 
I tried to calm my nerves by distracting myself looking through the script. Unfortuneatley this only made me panic more. 
"Lee Soonkyu," Mr. Yi had called out my name. I was shaking so much I could barely breathe. Sunny! How can you get so nervous?! 
"You will be playing Kim Summer." The class started to clap again. I gave a nervous smile. 
"Sunny, you got the female lead role!" Sungmin whispered. My eyes opened wide. 
"W-w-what?!" I whispered loudly. Sungmin nodded enthusiastically.
"I've never done any acting in my life! What role are you playing?" I asked him in a state of panic. He laughed a bit.
"Don't worry, Sunny! You're gonna be great! And I'm playing the male lead role." I nodded, still trying to keep from having a nervous fit.
 
"Now that you've been assigned your parts, go and rehearse with the people at your desk. We'll do a full class rehearsal in half an hour." Mr. Yi clapped his hands together as a sign to start moving. I turned to face Sungmin.
"Do you think we could swap parts?" I pleaded. 
"Oh yeah, of course. I look great as a girl." He said ruffling his hair. I blushed at my mistake, and soon started laughing.
"What are you so nervous about? You're super talented, acting's gonna be a breeze for you!" I nodded, feeling somewhat better.
"Thankyou, Sungmin." I smiled. 
"I think we should start rehearsing now. It's a pretty long musical."
"M-musical?" I had completely forgotten that it was a musical. It took all I had to prevent myself from panicking.
"S-s-so we have to sing?" Sungmin laughed again.
"Yes." He nodded his head up and down.
"There are some really nice songs and we've even got a few duets." I nodded my head shakily.
 
We spent the rest of the half hour rehearsing our lines and, surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. 
"CLASS REHEARSAL! Come to the front everyone! I hope everyone got up to page 25." I looked at the page number we were on. Page 24... Close enough. 
We stood at the front next to everyone else getting ready to do a full run through. My nerves had returned. I had to perform in front of the whole class. I took a big breath in. You can do this, Sunny, you can do this...
We were up to page 23, and I hadn't made any mistakes or made a fool of myself. Right now, there was an arguement going on between Sungmin's character and Taecyeon's character. 
 
"Look here, pretty boy, Summer's MINE, okay? She's my girlfriend, she loves ME. Clear off." Taecyeon yelled. He turned around pompousley and walked off. Sungmin huffed and kicked the floor. I walked towards him.
"What's wrong? What just happened between you and-" I started.
"Summer, do you love me, or him?" Sungmin looked straight into my eyes. We hadn't got up to this part when we were rehearsing. I felt the butterflies in my stomach. He really is cute, and sweet, and handsome... I glanced at my script.
"I-I. Look Kyugin, I'm just confused at the moment-" Sungmin had put his hand on my cheek and kissed me. Lots of teasing "Oooh's and Aaah's" echoed around the room. My eyes fluttered shut and I felt his soft lips around mine. It was my first kiss. My first kiss with a guy who, about an hour ago, I had hated with all I had. Now I was falling for him. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
This chapter's really boring and short...mian haeyo! :(
There's gonna be more drama and SunSun in the next chapter :D
Thankyou for reading!