This is it...

Two Can Play At That Game...

 

This is it....
 
I took a big, deep, shaky breath as I stared at the building towering above me.
The building filled with kids, just like me, kids chasing their dreams. I stood outside Seoul Performing Arts Academy, the most famous performing arts school in South Korea. Anyone who wanted a future in the music industry, dance industry, or drama industry came to this school. 
 
I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my life. I was constantly wiping sweat off my brow, my stomach was churning, making me feel as though I was about to throw up, and even my breathing was unnaturally fast. I took another big, shaky breath before starting to walk towards the tremendous building infront of me. 
 
This is it Sunny, what happens next decides whether you make it or break it.
 
I wandered around the school cluelessly for a while before I started to panick. I looked in every direction, trying to find what I was searching for, before it caught my eye. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Room 139" I whispered. I ran to the door overcome with excitement, but as my hand was inches away from the handle, a whole lot of negative thoughts flooded my mind. I took my hand away from the door and stood back. Sunny you pabo, there's no way you can do this! If you can't even open the door how are you meant to perform? Argghh, should've thought this through! I hung my face down in shame and leant against the rails behind me as I let my tears silently fall down my face. 
 
Just then a boy came walking slowly up the steps to room 139. I watched him bite his lip as he reached for the door handle. His fingers were resting on the handle when he sighed deeply, turned around and kicked the rails angrily. I gasped and backed away as I felt the vibration. "Sungmin! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!" he yelled. That was when he turned to face me. He put on a smile and bowed 90 degrees.
 
"A-Annyeonghaseyo" he greeted.
"Annyeonghaseyo" I bowed back shyly. 
"Umm, you saw all that, didn't you?" I nodded while faking a smile. I could still feel the tears trickle down my cheeks.
"Oh, mianhe, I just guess I didn't think this whole performing arts thing through..." he looked down as he ruffled his hair and then looked back to me "Have you been crying? Can I ask what's wrong?" he asked with a look of concern while taking a step towards me. I chuckled.
"Same thing as you. I guess I'm just not ready."
"Why cry about it?" he asked. 
"I've been practicing non stop, I've been putting all I've got into this. I've been dreaming about this all my life... and to realise I'm not good enough is just... heartbreaking. I know it's stupid but-
"No! No, it's not stupid at all! Wow, I guess we're in the same position." He said smiling at me. It was silent for a moment, all we could hear was the birds chirping in the background and the wind rustling the leaves on the trees.
 
"How about we make a promise?" Sungmin turned to face me.  I tilted my head and looked at him questioningly. A promise? What kind of promise?
"We're both gonna walk into that room together and audition. We're gonna let go of all our fears and just sing. Pink promise?" he smiled, holding out his pinky. I linked my pinky with his and nodded.
"Pinky Promise" I giggled for the first time that day.
We looked at the door, at each other, then back at the door. We started walking towards it when a man came poked his head out the door.
"Is Lee Soonkyu here? It's her turn to audition." I gulped.
"Yes, that's me." I said while nodding.
"Good luck, Soonkyu! You can do it!" Sungmin smiled and did a fighting sign. I smiled nervously before saying, 
"Thanks, Sungmin, good luck to you too!" I waved a goodbye and followed the man into the room.
 
I stood infront of three highly honoured musicians that would decide on me getting into the academy. They talked to me about projecting my voice and what the school was like, but I honestly didn't hear any of it. I was so scared I was shaking.
 
Then I remembered my promise with Sungmin...
 
"Soonkyu? Soonkyu?" one of the musicians asked.
"Yes?"
"It's time to perform." they said in unison.
"O-Okay." I stuttered nervously.
 
I turned around so that I was facing towards the back of the room. I took a deep breath and got myself ready to perform.
You can do this, Sunny, you can do this...
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdCVd90XUp4  

Click on the link to hear Sunny's audition song! :D
I know that so far this story's pretty nice, but the next few chapters will fit the name of the story.
Thaaaannkyou for reading! It's my first fanfic, so yeah! :D :D
Oh, and sorry for the boringness, like I said before, the next few chapters will be the opposite...