Part 1

Red Velvet Cupcakes

In the middle of my run, I quickly forced myself to stop at a halt and whip my head around, remembering that I wasn't alone.

"Kyungsoo-ah!" I called out, "Hurry up!"

D.O soon emerged from behind a group of people, his face still looking confused. "Why are we in such a hurry, I don't understand?" he said, while quickly making his way over to me.

I let out a sigh, "There's no time to explain, I'll tell you when we get there!"

And before he could open his mouth to utter another word, I took his hand into my own, and dragged him down the streets of Seoul with me.

Despite my huffs and puffs, thinking about my reward motivated me to keep going. I was so focused on my goal, that blocking out D.O's concerned voice was simpler than I had thought it would be. My eyes lit up, once I managed to spot my destination in the far end of the road. Yes, almost there now! The sight of the pink and yellow sign made the corner of my lips slowly tug upwards. I just know that today will finally be the day where those jewels will be mine.

Because honestly, if I end up missing out on these again like every other time, then I will scream.

Upon our arrival, the excitement within me was now overflowing. I took a minute or two to catch back my breath, and seeing this, D.O had taken the chance to examine the store in front of us.

"'Mama's Oven'?" he read, with a tilt of his head.

All I could do was give him a grin before pulling him into the bakery with me. And once we were inside, my eyes instantly made their way towards the front of the room.

But as soon as I saw the empty space next to the cash register, I felt my happiness dissolve away.

"No..." I murmured, and then power-walked towards the front, "No, no, no, they can't all be gone!"

Following my footsteps, D.O soon appeared next to me, and arched an eyebrow. "What's gone? What did you want to buy?" he questioned, still perplexed.

Right then and there, one of the workers from behind the counter had approached us with a smile. "Hi there, do you need any help?" offered the female.

"Yeah, um...I want to get a few red velvet cupcakes," I warily began.

The lady blinked at me for a bit, and just seeing the tiny frown form on her face, was enough to tell me my answer. "I'm sorry, but the last one in the store was bought a minute ago," she said.

A minute ago?

The last one was taken exactly one minute ago...?!

Okay, it's official; I can now say that the world definitely has something against me and these cupcakes being together.

I mean honestly, what did I do to deserve this?! If this is to punish me about that time when I was four, and had walked out of the grocery stall with my mother, while holding a cupcake, (which she had totally forgotten to pay for) then I'm sorry! She didn't see me holding it, so it was an accident, and no one ended up saying anything about it to us, so I guess no one else had noticed either. Ah, seriously, all I've ever wanted from Mama's Oven was their infamous red velvet cupcakes. I thought it was bad the third time that I had missed out on these delicacies, but now that this was the sixth time, things were starting to become insanely ridiculous. Eh, maybe I should just camp outside the store next Thursday?

Thinking about all of this, my disappointment had somehow caused my tear ducts to start up, as I took in a shaky breath. A look of alarm flashed across the lady's face, which was a sure sign that she was taken aback from by my reaction.

"B-But we're still having them sold again next Friday!" she quickly added, "Even though it will be our last time selling them for a while, we'll eventually start distributing them out again, within a few months time!"

So if I miss out on next week's sale, (which is a most likely) then I'll have to crave for these cupcakes for another two months or so, huh?

Not knowing what else to do, I eventually nodded, and then gave her a small smile. "Okay then, sure," I said, "I'll make sure to come back next week, then." Telling her my thank you, I then turned around, and began to exit the store, with a gloomy sigh.

Once outside, I kicked the first thing that I saw on the floor, which was a pebble. But for some stupid reason, (maybe it was because of my grumpiness) I missed, and seeing this, had caused me to let my frustration out on kicking the nearest pole...which wasn’t a very good idea, because now my foot was now withering in pain.

Ow, stupid pole, who the heck decided to put you here?!

"Aigoo, be careful!" came a worried voice.

D.O's frown greeted me, when I turned to look at him. Once I had stopped hopping around, as an attempt to rid the throbbing in my foot, he spoke. "So you just wanted some red velvet cupcakes?" he nonchalantly asked.

I nodded, letting out another depressed sigh, "Yeah..."

D.O blinked, "Well, if they don't have it, can't you just buy some from another stall?"

I vigorously shook my head, "No, of course not, because it won't be the same!"

"How would you know?" he countered, and then mumbled, "I bet if I bought you some regular cupcakes and added in some red food colouring, you would still love them any way." He then proceeded to chuckle about his idea, as I flattened my eyes at him.

"Yah!" I snapped, greatly startling the male, "These aren't just any old regular cupcakes!"

D.O remained quiet, which signaled for me to continue. I then told him how lush and moist they were, describing the slice of heaven that was introduced to me by Chanyeol, and how it was a blissful experience for my taste buds. The look on D.O's face was now filled with curiosity, and a little of something else that I couldn't really pin-point. He tried to lighten up the mood by telling me to place in an order, but I shook my head, saying that they didn't do orders for these kinds of things, since it was literally a 'first in first serve'. Hearing that, he then suggested that we should line up as early as we could, on the Friday morning, but I was feeling too disappointed to believe that we could make it in time.

Suddenly, I felt something gently grab a hold of my hand, and when my eyes made their way towards the source, I saw D.O's hand connecting with my own.

"Come on, I think we should go home now," he said, with a soft smile.

Pursing my lips to the side slightly, I eventually gave him a nod and agreed. "Alright then," I mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear.