#7

Jongin's First

 

 

“I used to believe that soul mate exist in form of someone that you met in your life. They’re probably certain people who can connect with you more than anyone else and you understand each other perfectly. It isn’t a typical thingy and this person might not always your “half” or your “significant other”; it could be your friend, your siblings, your cousin, someone who has the same hobby with you, anyone. There’s no rule on it. I also don’t think that soul mate exist in such a romantic way, but then I met you”

Everyone in the room held their sigh as the groom stopped for a while and stare at the bride. People could see clearly that the bride was almost in tears now, but she held it and looked back to the groom, giving the best smile she could to him.

“We might not always be a harmonious couple, but I believe, somehow God paired me with you” the groom smiled again. “Too be honest, my heart skips a beat every time we exchanged glance but I always faking it. I don’t know why, but I acted like I don’t care about you; which is the contrary. I realized I happened to be a jerk in front of you…”

“You surely do” she cut his words with a laugh, making everyone in the room laughed together with her.

“You got the point” he replied with a smile. “But there’s a reason behind those stupid acts. Whenever I look at you, I forget everything I was going to say…”

A loud “Oh….” was heard in the room. The bride smiled but then glared at the groom; he was just smiling back to her.

“I’ve fallen like a fool for you and I’m sorry for taking a long time before realizing it and confessed it to you” he took her hand and kissed it. “As you might already know, I’m not good with sugar-coated words, so I hope you didn’t expect too high about my wedding vow for you”

He took a deep breath and looked at her deeply.

“Today, when I marry you in front of the God, family, and friends, I swear to them all that I’m going to take care of you from now on until forever. For forever is long, I hope you don’t mind to spend the rest of your life with me. I won’t give you a promise that I couldn’t fulfill; I’ll just let time prove my love for you. I want you to be my first and my last and let’s just enjoy this life we had now…” he stopped again and took a paper from his pocket.

The bride couldn’t hold her tears now; she wiped the tears on the corner of her eyes. The groom held her hand tighter while opening the paper. He showed the paper to all of the people in the room.

“This is my wish lists when I met her and realized that I love her…”

People started smiling and teasing him.

“I have this kind of side too, Darling” he said to her. “I’ll just read the things that already happened” he cleared his throat and started again.

“I wanted to cuddles lot and a lot with you. Watching old movie, especially “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, your favorite. Making cute funny videos. Taking a lot of pictures with you. Travelling around the world, so far we’ve made it up to Europe. Let’s go somewhere for the rest of our life” 

She chuckled at his words. This was just too touching for her, she thought. He read the note again and smiled.

“Oh this one just happened earlier today” he paused, looking at her. “Get married with you”

“Awwww…” people again commented on his words. Both of them were laughing, forgetting the tears that previously appeared on her eyes.

“For next, I want us to be happy in our marriage. I want to have kids with you. And of course, to love you endlessly. I love you” he ended his speech with pulling her to his embrace and hugged her.

“I love you too” she replied, hugging him back and kissed his cheek.

Everyone in the room stood up and clapped the couple who had just had their wedding. Still standing at the side of the bride’s maid area, Soojung wiped her tears. This beautiful vow had just moved her heart and she couldn’t just contain it. Sulli who was standing next to her smiled and held her hand, Soojung replied back with a smile. The vow had just mad her melancholy side awake.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Soojung, I’ll be back in a while. My mom called me and my brother to the hall” Sulli said as she left Soojung at the food stall at the resort. Soojung nodded and continued taking some dessert. Pineapple panna cotta and apple strudle caught her attention as she put some to her plate.

“Hey Soojung”

Soojung looked away from the plate and found Minho stood next to him. He wore a white suit and smiled brightly to her. She smiled to her first love in her life; it’s been awhile since she saw him. They haven’t seen each other probably since she moved to London, 2 years ago.

“Oppa, how are you?” she asked with a lot of excitement.

“I’m fine. Just came from Tokyo yesterday. You look great today” he said as he saw her from the top to toe. Soojung wore a white mini dress, simple cut filed with diamonds; her loose wavy hair was pulled to one side and rested on her shoulder. The heels she wore added the beauty of her appearance today.

“Thank you, Oppa. Anyway, congratulation for your graduation and your first job in Tokyo!” she said as she shook her hand with him.

“Thanks. So, are you going to stay long here? I’m planning to take holiday before started working” he rested his right leg to the left one, with his hands on his pocket.

She shook her head. “No, maybe I’ll be back to London in the next 2 weeks. It’s kinda busy there lately. When are you going to visit me there? Hehehe”

Minho was just smiling. He sighed as he saw her; he thought when he let her go two years ago it’d be easy as he felt that they’re just dating as senior and junior. Turned out, he still had feeling for her; but he quickly shook his head.

“So, you both finally made it?” Minho suddenly asked Soojung. She stopped munching the strudles and looked at Minho. He pointed Jongin who was stood in a group of people consist of Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Junmyeon. “I helped him though when he’s crazily looking for a taxi to go to the airport”

“That’s the very kind of you, Oppa” she replied, smiling while both of them looked at Jongin. It seemed like Jongin was talking about the game that was being launched this week; that’s all on his mind since last week as she could remembered. Even when he picked her up at the airport last week, the first thing he told her was he wanted to buy the latest game that’s being talked in his game community.

“He’s nice, even though he’s a bit awkward and seemed to be distant. And I think I made a right decision to help him that day” Minho said as he looked at him. “I hope you’re happy with him”

“Well I am” she said as she put the plate on the table. “And I hope you’re going to find yours” Soojung tapped Minho’s arm.

“Sure” he said with a big smile. “My sister is calling me, I guess we’ll have to take the family picture now” he pointed to Sooyoung who’s a bit busy with her white long dress and flower bouquet. Minho left Soojung, and she looked around. Soojung suddenly remembered the beach around the resort.

She took the stair to go down to the beach. She smiled as she realized that the beach was the one she previously visited during high school time, probably around 4 years ago. She took a walk there and suddenly found someone intertwined his fingers to hers. It’s Jongin who appeared from nowhere. He kept looking straight while grinning as he knew she looked at him in surprised.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re going to take a walk here?” he asked her, smiling.

Soojung smiled to him. She’s awed with Jongin’s appearance today; tuxedo and formal shoes, things he rarely wanted to put on. His hair was pulled to the back gave him an aristocrat look.  But as messy-ness is Jongin’s style, his shirt now was a bit messy with top two of the buttons opened.

“This was the place we had for summer holiday when we’re still a freshmen at high school, right?” she said.

Jongin nodded and took her to the side of the beach. He took out his suit and put it on the sand, making it as a place to sit for Soojung so her dress wouldn’t get dirt. They’re sitting there, enjoying the sound of the waves. She suddenly put her head on his shoulder, earning a chuckle from him.

“You’re always like this, carelessly putting your head on someone’s shoulder and just closed your eyes”

“I’m tired. I have to wake so early in the morning just to get my makeup and hair done…” she yawned, adjusted her head on his shoulder.

“You’re still beautiful even if you’re not wearing any makeup” he said as he kissed the top of her head.

“Oh shut up. Is Chanyeol oppa teaching you to be like this cheesy?” she said with a laugh.

“I saw you cried earlier at the wedding. Being touched?”

She nodded. “The vow was just beautiful. I wish I’ll have one later on at my wedding”

“Are you telling me to prepare a nice wedding vow for you? I don’t have any ability to act sweet like that”

Soojung looked at him with her jaw dropped. “Am I saying I want to be married to you?” she jokingly said and laughed again.

He ruffled her hair and stayed still for a while. None of them were talking; they just enjoyed the sound of the waves. The beach looked really beautiful with the shimmering sun light on it.

“Do you remember our first kiss?” he suddenly asked her. She’s still had her head on his shoulder and nodded.

“Sure. How am I going to forget it? I thought that you’re going to scold me that time, but you kissed me instead at the airport. That’s crazy”, she chuckled. He cleared his throat.

“Actually, that was not our first kiss” he added.

“Hmm?”

“Do you still remember when we’re playing at the beach on that summer holiday?”

“In this place, right?”

He nodded. “Yes, here. You were playing with Sulli and the other girls, but then once you’re done, you came here and sat next to me”

Soojung frowned as she listened to him. “I don’t recall I had any kiss before you”

“When you’re done drying you hair and clothes, you fell asleep on my shoulder. And I was crazy enough to kiss you like this…” he lowered his head and kissed her lips, reenacting their first kiss four years ago. Soojung eyes were still opened as she startled with his movement. He pulled away and grinned at her.

“So you stole my first kiss without my permission? You jerk” she playfully punched his arm, moving her head from his shoulder.

“And you thought our first kiss was at the airport? You have two first kiss and did it with the same person. How lucky you are, Miss Jung” he winked at her, earning another punch from her.

“Silly. And not long after that, I was in a relationship with Minho oppa… I must have been hurting you…” she lowered her tone.

“Yeah, it’s a bit hurt here…” he pointed his chest, but then smiled again. He’s really in such a good mood today to talk with his girlfriend, the one he rarely seen daily.

“That’s why you shouldn’t keep your feeling for yourself and stupidly told it via voice note”

“Ya, look who’s talking? You’re the one who started it first” Jongin said as he pouted to her.

“I admitted that’s stupid. Thank God, I ended up with you, still” she smiled to him.

Both of them giggled and laughed, they’ve passed so many obstacles in their relationship. Having a relationship for two years weren’t as easy as it sounds. They’re not always happy as couple, they argued a lot too. Plus, they’re having a long distance relationship for both of them living separately in different country. The 5 hour time difference could make anything simple becoming something big and harmful to their relationship.

There’s a time when they fight because they’re having a miscommunication, or not contacting each other because of their conflicted schedule. Or when Jongin’s friend posted Soojung’s pictures as she’s seen hugging another guy that was actually her classmates in school or when Jongin’s moody side appeared and refused to talk to anyone. They’ve passed it all and proved to be stronger every day. Those long journeys were beautiful to them and they treasured it a lot.

“Why do you like me, Jongin?”

He hummed for a while before answered. “I don’t know. I think I was just woke up and thought that I like you”

“When did it start?”

“I don’t remember. All I know is I like you and that’s enough for me to keep this feeling”

Soojung smiled as she heard his answer. “You’re not planning to kill me softly with those sweet words, right?” she chuckled. “Maybe you like me because I’m beautiful” she jokingly said, making him flicked her forehead.

“Maybe… but it’s also probably because you’re my first of everything, Soojung” he said as he looked at her.

“What? That’s silly… How am I becoming your first of everything?”

“You’re always stealing my every first. First love, first kiss, first hug, the first one who broke my heart, the first girl who barge in to my room just to copy my math homework, the one who touched my hand in the kindergarten although I hate being touched that time… You’re even the first one who beat my record on Dance Dance Revolution…I think I’m adjusted to your present”

She frowned. “That’s . You didn’t love me for me; you’re just adjusted to me…”

“There’s nothing to do with that, silly. I love you for what you are”

“Don’t try to buy me with your cheap sweet talk” she crossed her arms and pouted.

“I think you’ll be my first again in anytime soon…” he said, glancing at her. He smiled as he saw her pouted but still look cute.

“For what?”

He changed his sitting position and facing her. “Maybe you’ll be the first girl I’m asking to marry with”

She chuckled at his word and pinched his cheek. “Stop joking around”

He was just grinning to her and ruffled her hair once more. He already planned a holiday with her as both of them was rarely seeing each other, so it’d be a nice time to spend a time with her. He was imagining his plan and couldn’t wait to do it. Soojung suddenly cupped Jongin’s face and kissed him. He was startled as she kissed him, but he kissed her back and caressed her cheek. He could feel her smile when they’re kissing. She pulled away from him not too long after that and grinned.

“What’s that for?” he asked.

“Stealing back my first kiss, in case you asked another girl to be married later on” she answered calmly. He laughed at her answer and kissed her cheek.

“Maybe this is another reason why I like you. You and your carefree attitude…”

“You made me sound bad” she flicked his forehead, continued with a smile. “But I love you still”

They’re just looking at each other and smiled. Jongin once again looked at the beach. Four years ago when he kissed her here out of the blue, he never knew that he’d actually get her like now. And the time when he’s about to give up her… He smiled to himself, realizing how his first love becoming the first for everything in his life. He’s glad they made it and he promised himself he won’t ruin it.

Sehun screamed their name from the resort, telling them to go back. They will have to join the group photo shoot with the bride and the groom. Soojung stood up with the help from Jongin; he cleaned up his tuxedo before using it again. They walked again to the resort, hand in hand. Right before they arrived at the stair to go up to the resort, he smirked; he pulled her closer and whispered.

“Hey Jung Soojung, will you marry me?”

 

FIN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

See you again, Arcadian ;)

Oh and for those who read Serendipity, did you see any hint for the story here? :p

I'm sorry i forgot to tick the complete box, it's the end :)