#3

Jongin's First

Kim Jongin.

Whenever she heard this name, Soojung will always had a boy with tanned skin and sleepy face running in her mind. They had been known each other for more than 10 years; quite a long time for her to know him enough. She met him the first time at kindergarten, when she’s just moved from San Francisco. She lacked in Korean and barely had friends because anyone seemed to not understand her words; but this one little boy seemed to listen to her. Even though later on Soojung realized that at that time Jongin did not understand her words too, she’s thankful that he stayed.

It was funny when they grew up Jongin seemed to be the one who always listen to her words. Soojung has a perfect family; a loving parents and of course an older sister who spoiled her a lot, but still, whenever she wanted to share anything she had in her mind she would just go to Jongin (after Sulli of course, her BFF). He will just sit next to her, listening to her complaints; unlike girls who always cut to Soojung’s words, he would let her finished what she wanted to say. He also won’t give Soojung any advice or any judgment, but Soojung still felt comfortable about it.

During her time dating Minho, Soojung felt a bit distant with Jongin. Minho and Jongin was pretty close before, so there should be no problem when Soojung dating Minho. Turned out, she rarely found Jongin around her. But judging on how Jongin treated his other girl friends, Soojung felt there’s nothing wrong with him. Jongin was just being Jongin, she thought. And when she broke up with Minho, Jongin was once again being her savior. He accompanied her sitting while eating snacks at Han River the night when she broke up with Minho. No matter how much Soojung sighing or complaining about the awfully taste snack, he just remained calm and composed. She felt lucky she had him as friend.

And today was the type of the day when she wanted to have Jongin around. She built new habit when she entered university, sitting on the bench in the park while waiting for her next class. Soojung had her assignment being returned because she couldn’t meet the lecturer’s expectation and she started to feel depressed because somehow taking Fashion Business major wasn’t as excited as she thought before. Sometimes she thought she was only following her silly dream, but then again, counting on how many nights she had been stayed late just to finish her tasks, she realized she wasn’t joking or just fooling around with her study.

Just when she thought that Jongin might not come to the park that day, he plopped in. Jongin sat next to her, plugging the earphone to her right ears and his left ears. She listened to a jazzy song from his iPod, not so him, as he’s more into dance or rap or something like that. She smiled as she saw him, but remained looking straight not bothered to see his usual sleepy face. He smirked as he put the hood of his jacket until it’s covering his head.

“Bad day, Jung?” he asked.

“Not really. Just got my assignment returned again for the nth time. I might fail on this subject, I guess” she sighed, shrugging her shoulder.

“Cheer up. I’m still hoping to see you as one of the best fashion buyer in town, if you know what I mean” he winked at her. Soojung chuckled and bit her lower lips. This. This is why she likes having him around; he knew exactly how to make her feeling better.

They were just sitting there, listening to the music. Soojung played with her fingers. She realized lately, after Sulli moved to New York, Soojung hung out mostly with Jongin and Sehun only. While the later busy dating here and there (Soojung barely knew Sehun’s girlfriend now, he changed girlfriend as easy as changing his clothes), Soojung and Jongin mostly spending their time together. It’s either an outing at the park where Jongin played skateboard and Soojung reading fashion magazine or just online at the coffee shop, browsing their favorite things.

Ever since she broke up with Minho, she didn’t date anyone; and now, almost a year after her break up with him, she still remained single. Soojung felt fine for not dating anyone, though some of her friends or her sister sometimes tried to match make her. She’s just not ready to have another relationship. Or maybe…she’s just enjoying Jongin’s company every time and everywhere.

Soojung’s in denial mode, still undetermined whether there’s sparks between her and Jongin. But she acknowledged that she might have some interest in Jongin, just like now.

“When is your next class?” she asked him, as he didn’t seem to have any more class.

“Free. Should have Introduction to Art Performing, but the class moved to tomorrow. You?”

“Extra class for Fashion Business Introduction. Gotta go to the class now, actually…”

Soojung stood up from her seat, pulled out the earphones, and gathered her bags, about to walk to her class. Jongin was still sitting there with his sleepy face and his jumper.

“Uh.. Do you want to catch up some movies? At the.. uh.. cinema?” Jongin suddenly asked, looking at Soojung who looked at him in surprised.

Soojung suddenly blushed, thought that Jongin probably asking her out for a date. She didn’t know why but she felt happy for some unknown reason.

“Just… you and me?” She asked while pointing herself and Jongin.

“Erm actually it’s Sehun’s idea. He asked me to watch a movie with him, but it’d be too gay to watch it just with him so…”

“So you asked me to join? Well.. well that’s fine. Okay” she waved him goodbye.

“See you later after your class Soojung” he said, smiling to her back. Soojung was just leaving him, started to walk to her class.

She chuckled and sighed.

She thought he likes her… but somehow, it’s just her own imagination. He’s just being Jongin again, the same Jongin who’s a good friend to Soojung.

She thought he likes her, but she started to think it’s the contrary.

Soojung was in trouble.

She fell for Jongin.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What did you do on the cinema? Were you holding hands with him? What did you do after that? Oh my God, I’m soooo excited!” Sulli couldn’t stop asking, while Soojung just laughing over her unstoppable question. Ever since Soojung confessed to her that she likes Jongin, Sulli kept asking about him whenever they’re talking.

“OMG, couldn’t you stop your questions?” Soojung replied while holding her smile on the phone. She was excited too about her sudden “date” with Jongin.

“Soojung, Jongin must like you too! Why would he suddenly ask you to watch a movie with him? And just the two of you? Daebak!”

“Oh please. It was because Sehun asked him and suddenly he cancelled it while both of us already reached the cinema…”

“Don’t you ever think that Sehun was just dragged into this scenario of Jongin asking you out for a movie?” Sulli commented and added her infamous laugh.

Soojung sighed. She wished that it was the reason too, but when she’s with him, Jongin didn’t seem to put any interest to her. He’s just being the usual Jongin. It was like watching with Sulli, Sehun, and Jongin; but minus Sulli and Sehun. In short, it was just like watching with a friend.

“I don’t think he likes me, Sulli”

“Oh here we go again. Now that I think of it again, I believe he likes you, Soojung. Do you remember the day when Minho oppa confessed to you? I met Jongin that day, it seemed like he’s waiting for you and when I told him that you’re in a relationship with Minho oppa, he looked very shocked and—”

“Wait, didn’t you say that day he was having a stomach ache? That probably explained his expression, Sulli” Soojung cut Sulli explanation.

“No, no.. my feeling said that he likes you. Wanna bet?”

“Seriously, I don’t think he likes me Sulli” Soojung repeated her words again. “Plus, I’ll be off to London at the end of this year, which is 3 months from now, remember?”

“Long distance relationship can work, I guess”

“No, I mean... If he likes me, would he at least show any interest in me? It’s just like me hanging out with Sehun, minus the nervousness I had whenever I was with Jongin. What if… it’s only me who likes him?”

“I’m feeling like hugging you, Soojung” Sulli said as she hugged the pillow in her own bedroom.

“I will visit you next summer… Or could you come on your winter break to London? It’d be nice to have you there” Both of them giggled on the phone, kept talking about each other’s activities.

Soojung felt a bit better after telling Sulli how she feels about Jongin; otherwise she could get crazy keeping this feeling by herself. Sometimes when she’s with him, she wanted to say she likes him but she’s too scared to say it; afraid that Jongin would treat her differently because of it. Lately, Jongin was being nice to her and they spent time a lot too, she just didn’t want this to change.

She didn’t want to lose him, so she kept her feeling until God knows when.    

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Are you waiting for someone?” Jessica asked Soojung who couldn’t stop looking around the airport gate.

“Huh?” Soojung replied as she looked at her sister who stared at her with curious look.

“Are you waiting for someone? You’ve been looking nonstop to the gate. Be ready to boarding in 20 minutes” she said while looking at her phone.

Soojung sighed and took her phone. Today was the day she goes to London. Her parents were already there, leaving her going there with Jessica. While sending her off to college, her family will spend end year holiday there. Before she’s going, she’s waiting for Jongin to come.

Actually Sehun and Jongin were already thrown a farewell party for her, but they promised to come to send her off too. Soojung knew that Sehun would not be able to come because he’s suddenly went to Jeju with his family; so she’s just waiting for Jongin to come. She tried to call him but her call was sent to mailbox. She tried several times more, still mailbox.

“Soojung let’s go” Jessica told her to be ready for boarding. Soojung pouted and still hoping to see Jongin, but he’s nowhere to be seen.

While she was in the queue waiting to get in to the boarding room with Jessica, she tried to call him again while still looking around hoping that he’s miraculously coming somewhere in this airport. But no matter how much she tried to call him, it was still the mailbox that answered her call. She’s already in the boarding room, losing her hope to see Jongin.

Soojung called again for the last time before she got in to the plane. She sighed; it’s mailbox again. Probably, this was how things should end, she thought. She put her phone on her bag, didn’t even bothered to check it again right when she sat on her seat on the plane.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Thanks for driving me Hyung!” Jongin took off from the car that was driven by Minho. Minho nodded his head and waved to him.

“I hope you still meet her!” Minho screamed at him, driving his car out from the airport.

Jongin ran through the gate and quickly looked at the departure schedule. He checked on Soojung’s plane, hoping it’s still not departed yet. He found the plane and the schedule, but it departed 5 minutes ago. He groaned and messed up his hair. He should know that he won’t make it due to the traffic, but still, he’s hoping to see her before she went abroad.

Jongin sighed and took his phone, it’s off. He his phone and found more than 50 voice mails and texts. He frowned and realized later that it was from Soojung, all of it.

He took a seat and listened to the voice mails. At least he still could hear her voice.

Jongin, where are you? Are you going to come?

Hey, I’ve been texting you several times but I guess you didn’t see your phone? Will you come here?

I’ll be boarding in ten minutes Jongin… Are you coming?

Jongin where are you? Could you please look at your phone?

Omg shoot the mailbox! Huh… Jongin where are you?

Where are you?

Coming or not?

Jongin chuckled as he heard the voice mails left by Soojung. She left various kinds of messages, from the long to short one. She even got angry to the mailbox, typical Soojung. He kept hearing the voice mails while imagining her expression. She must have been really angry to him. Jongin opened the last voice mail that was sent around 10 minutes before he arrived to the airport, the time Soojung’s plane flew.

Kim Jongin, I like you. I like you. Good bye

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Finally, chapter 3...

Please enjoy guys.. or share your thought on it?

It would be lovely :)