#6

Jongin's First

 

 

Key was up a bit early this morning, he was just done packing his clothes for the euro trip. He was a bit sleepy and decided to sleep more after eating the breakfast. He prepared the cereal on the table in front of the TV, where he put the bowl filled with cornflakes and then brought the milk bottle. He was half asleep when he poured the milk, so when he heard someone groan pretty loud suddenly, he couldn’t help but cursing and immediately put the milk bottle on the table before it spilled the floor.

“YA!” he yelled at Jongin who was sleeping on the couch. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” he asked him while kicked Jongin’s leg.

Jongin lay on the couch, lifeless. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me”

Key shook his head and then walked back to the table to take the bowl. He sat at the desk near Jongin. Jongin was looking straight to the ceiling, ignoring Key who was giving him a pitiful look.

“Let me help you. You’re just in love, you stupid boy” Key said after he ate his first spoon of the cereals. He just learned that Jongin was actually like Soojung, the day before, as he kept talking about Soojung right after he came back with a “date” with her.

“When did you start liking her actually?”

Jongin changed his position. He took a cushion and put it at the back of his head, started to remember. Was it in high school? Or probably in junior high? Elementary school?

“I don’t know, Hyung. Maybe from the first time I saw her?” Jongin answered while still looking at the ceiling.

Key stopped eating and looked at Jongin with annoyed face. He didn’t know that this cold and silly cousin of him could act this stupid because of a girl.

“You’ve just made me losing my appetite due to your cheesy answer”

“Hyung, she didn’t err… Did she ever mention me?” Jongin asked, suddenly looking to Key.

“I learned that the two of you were friends just yesterday, Jongin. How come I remembered that she ever mentioned about you previously?”

Jongin, again, changed his position. He couldn’t stay still and that drove Key crazy. He had been dealing with his mentally ill cousin, just because he’s nervous about tomorrow.

“Ya, if you couldn’t wait until tomorrow, then face it today. Just come to her place, and directly ask her!”

“Ask her what?” Jongin looked blankly towards Key.

“Oh my God” Key dropped his jaw and looking at Jongin in disbelief. “What’s your purpose when you asked Soojung to listen to your old voicemail?”

Jongin rolled his eyes a bit before answering. “To tell her that I like her, of course”

Key sighed. “Obviously. But then, what’s the purpose of your confession?”

“To…ask her to be my girlfriend...?”

Key nodded in sure. “Exactly! So what are you waiting for?”

“What?” Jongin looked back at Key with a confused face.

“Oh hell! Go to her place, tell her you like her, and ask her to be your girlfriend. Ya, should I always telling you what to do?” Key said in frustration.

“But…what if she doesn’t like me, Hyung?”

“Looking at how you were previously, she might like you but then changed to dislike you. Didn’t you see how cold she was yesterday when she first met you here? I don’t think she likes you” Key answered annoyingly.

“Ah hyung!” Jongin groaned while kicking his leg in the air.

Key went to the kitchen and took a glass of water. He walked to the door of the kitchen and stood there while drinking the water.

“Just information, Soojung is really popular in our university. Asian and non-Asian like her. There’s even several Korean student tried to hit her”

Jongin suddenly moved from sleeping to sitting, he looked at Key. “Re-really?”

Key nodded. “But I don’t know why, she always refused to go out with them. She preferred to spent the time in the library or designer store”

Jongin felt a bit at ease when he heard Key’s words. He realized actually that he didn’t want to lose her, but somehow he found it hard to tell her directly that he likes her. And more over, love her to the extent that was indescribable because for Jongin when he likes her, he just likes her. He needed no reason to like her.

Right after he sent her home yesterday, Jongin couldn’t stay calm. He didn’t wish for nothing but a second chance. The first one was ruined when he failed to send her off at the airport several months ago. But now, that he indirectly told her he likes her, he wished that he could get the second chance. He thought that maybe Soojung felt the same too, but if she didn’t then…he might be should continue life with a broken heart.

Jongin remembered how actually he was planning to go to London as he was coming late to the airport. But that would be silly as school approaching and his father of course wouldn’t let him go abroad that time. So Jongin could only wait for Soojung to reply his voice mail, which never happened. He regretted why he never tried to contact her just because that he’s afraid of her answer regarding his voice mail. It’s funny, Jongin thought; he used to be scared with Soojung’s answer, but now he dying to know what her answer is.

“Oh, Soojung. Where are you?”

Jongin could hear Key talked on the phone. It was Soojung. He wanted to talk to her, but he just calmly sat next to Key, waiting.

“I already had the ticket for the train; don’t forget to bring all the things needed. Let’s just meet tomorrow…Hmm, okay…” Key glanced at Jongin, who seemed restless; he smirked at the sight of his cousin.

“Soojung, would you go out today? Seems like it’s a good day to go out…”

Jongin glared at Key as he said that. Key made a sign with his hand, telling Jongin to be calm.

“Oh… Ok, see you tomorrow then. Take care!” Key ended his phone call. He punched Jongin’s arm and laughed.

“She said hi to you”

Jongin looked to Key with a dull expression. “Just that?”

“Too bad, it was. She’s going out with one of her friend from LA” Key answered as he stood up from the couch. “I’ll be sleeping again. If you’re going out, please leave a note”

Jongin nodded and kept sitting on the couch. He touched his hair and played with it. He sighed and kept idle for a while. He didn’t know what to do for today, so he just stayed there. His phone suddenly beeping, showing that he received a mail. It’s a voice mail, from Soojung.

Jongin felt his heart beat faster. He opened it and listened to the voice mail.

See you at the airport tomorrow, Jongin

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jongin came one hour faster than he should be to the airport, causing Key to nag him all the way to their trip to airport. He didn’t want to miss a chance that Soojung might come early but then leave because he’s not there. No more silly accident for this time, as he aware that this might be the last chance he has; so he waited patiently there.

“Finally one hour passed” Key said cynically to Jongin while he drank the coffee.

“I’m sorry to bother you, Hyung. But seriously, you can leave me here…” Jongin replied with a regretted face.

“Ya, I’m just joking around with you… I’ll wait until you board”

Jongin laid his back to the chair. He was naturally a much laid back person, but not today. He was actually so restless to see Soojung, but he tried to suppress it by laid his back. He closed his eyes for a while, resting it. Knowing Soojung was an on time person, he felt a bit worried because she has not coming yet.

Announcement for his boarding time was suddenly heard, both Key and Jongin looking each other.

“I think I should call her “Key said as he took out his phone and dial Soojung’s number. He tried several times, but Soojung didn’t pick up the call.

“Okay, just calm Jongin” Key said again, while he’s the one who seemed to be panicked.

It was his boarding time already; he might miss his flight if he didn’t go inside now. Jongin was somehow felt a bit down that he couldn’t see Soojung, but then he let it slide and stood up from the desk.

“Hyung, I guess she didn’t coming” Jongin said with a low tone. He might hear wrong the message on Soojung’s voicemail. Probably she never meant to say that she’s going to the airport.

“Ya, don’t look desperate like that… She probably just a bit late, just called her later on okay? You know, later on I will also visit Berlin on our way in the trip later. I’ll help you” Key said as he tapped Jongin’s shoulder. Jongin slightly smiled at Key.

“I’ll go now, Hyung” Jongin said as he salute Key and then went in.

He looked once again to the airport entrance, Soojung was not seen there. He sighed and quickly went in to the boarding room. His last chance seemed to be wasted.

 

 

After an hour and 45 minutes, Jongin was finally arrived at Tegel Airport. He just had done with the airport security and luggage taking. He only brought one luggage so it’s easy to handle. His next trip would be a journey to the hotel and after that probably city sightseeing. He didn’t feel exciting at all.

He took out his phone from his pocket and turned it on. No message there. He wanted to call Soojung, but a bit hesitated so he cancelled it. He will just contact her later on. Jongin sighed again and fixed his hat before he continued walking and took his luggage. He was just about to walk again when he froze at his place. Someone stood in front of him, smiling widely. It’s Soojung.

“Thank God I made it on time” she said while holding a cup of latte on her hand. “How’s your trip?” she asked him, but Jongin was still froze there. Silent.

“Jongin…are you okay?” Soojung started to lose her smile and looked at Jongin with a worried expression. She walked closer to him and touched his forehead, afraid that Jongin might sick.

“What are you doing here, Soojung?” he finally found his voice and asked her.

“Seeing you, of course”

“Aren’t we supposed to meet in London?” he asked her again.

Soojung slightly smiled at Jongin’s words. “Waiting is annoying, right?”

Jongin didn’t respond to Soojung. He was still examining the situation.

“I never said that we should meet at the airport in London”

“So, what are you doing then?”

Soojung cleared and took a deep breath.

“Giving answer to your question” she looked at him, but Jongin was still stiff. She didn’t know whether she should continue or not, because Jongin totally seemed annoyed or whatever drawn in his face.

“I li−“

Soojung couldn’t continue her words as Jongin suddenly lean forward and touched her lips with his while his hand caressed her cheeks. Jongin could feel Soojung’s smile as he kissed her. She put her hands in both of his shoulder and Jongin pulled away himself from her not too long after that. Both of them were looking at each other, a bit shy at first; Soojung smiled while looking at the floor while Jongin touched the back of his neck and looking away.

Before they could speak, suddenly Jongin heard sound from Soojung’s stomach; both of them laughing because the voice was so obvious. Soojung realized that she hasn’t had her breakfast. Jongin then took Soojung’s hand and walked together with her while taking his luggage.

“Where are we going?” she asked.

“I’m about to do my first task as your boyfriend. Take care of you. So let’s find something nice for breakfast” he answered with a big grin in his face. To be honest, Soojung really likes it when he grins like that.

“Wait, who said that you’re my boyfriend?”

“Should I kiss you again?” he looked at her with a playful expression.

“Let’s just see how you are going to take care of me. If I’m satisfied with the breakfast today, probably I might consider you to be my boyfriend” Soojung said with her bossy attitude.

Jongin smirked to her words.

“I guess I will just have to kiss you again”

“Ya Kim Jongin!” she punched his arm using her free hand. Jongin just showed a calm face to her as they’re walking out from the airport. Oh and by the way, somehow she fond of his hand holding hers. Soojung smiled secretly, both of them need answer no more.  

I really really really like you, Kim Jongin.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

hello Arcadian ;)