The Confession (1/2)

The Day I Fell in Love With A Zombie

“YAH!!”

I opened my eyes when I suddenly heard a shout coming from a girl. I looked behind the men and there stood a familiar girl with both of her hands rested on her hips. I looked at her face and I knew right then who it was. Boa?!

“What do you think you’re doing?” She screamed and the men who were coming after me turned around and froze to the spot. The moment they saw BoA looking angry, they’re faces looked like it was about to drop off. Ha! Serves you right!

“N-noona!” They all said and turned away from me so they can all look at her. They then suddenly bowed down apologetically. All I could do was stand still and study what was happening around me. Noona? Are they related to her or something?

“What are you guys doing to my chingu?!” She questioned however there was only silence as none of them replied. They all bowed still to her presence. She looked like she was their queen or something! “ANSWER ME!”

“M-mianhae!” The one in the middle, who was surprisingly the biggest and about 3 times the size of BoA, replied. “W-we didn’t know you know him. We’re very sorry! Chongmal mianhamnida!”

All the men nodded in agreement and BoA nodded along however she didn’t look impressed. I however could only stare at the scene before me and look confused. I then saw her eyes looking at me and then she gave me one of her sweetest smiles. For some reason, seeing her smile like that made me feel a lot scared than when those men were walking towards me.

I shivered with nervousness and all I could do was stare at her.

“Jaejoong,” She called out my name and I suddenly gulped. Was she going to do something to me?! “You can go. I need to stay here and have a talk with my brothers.”

So they were related to her after all! And brothers?! Wow! She has such a weird family.

I only nodded in reply and started to run away. I didn’t want to know what that particular ‘talk’ was and I seriously wanted to get out of here!

“See you tomorrow Jae!” I heard her voice behind me but I ignored it as I was too busy getting out of there.

I finally got home and I didn’t bother greeting my parents as I quickly walked inside my room. Once I reached my bedroom, I jumped in my bed, gasping for breath. That was a very long run!!

Ever since I’ve met BoA, strange things have happened to me! And those guys… they looked like they were about to eat me! How can they just stop the moment they saw BoA? Sure they might be siblings but they all looked like they were a lot older than BoA! Maybe Boa wasn’t their sister… maybe Boa is their mom! But then again, Boa is too young to be a mother… right?

I shook my head, not wanting to think about this anymore.

I closed my eyes as I fell asleep, not realising that something was missing.

~~~

September 19 2005 – The Confession

“Jae!!!” I heard a high pitched scream behind me and I wanted to just run away after hearing that familiar voice! I know it’s only been a couple of days but I’m tired of this girl annoying me and popping whenever I go. Aish! I hate this!

I slammed my locker door close and the moment I turned around, she was there, standing still and smiling right at me. I nearly jumped the moment I saw her!

“You dropped this last night!” She said with a smile as she grabbed my hand and placed the cold mobile phone on it. I could only stare at my phone and then back at her happy face. “I didn’t really know what it was so I was playing with it and I kind of deleted all your.. umm.. contacts.”

“YOU WHAT?!” I shouted as I quickly looked through my phone. I went through my contact lists and there was only 4 people there; my mom, my dad, Yoochun and BoA. Wait, Boa? I shook my head in frustration. “Why did you delete 200 people in contact list?!”

I saw her biting her lips for a moment and then she stared at me. “W-well, I didn’t know who they were so I deleted them. But I left your mom’s, your dad’s Yoochun and I added my number in!”

“But I thought you didn’t know what a phone was… How can you have your ow-”

“I bought my own one!” She said gleefully and showed me her phone. It was a pink hello kitty mobile phone and one can easily mistake that it was some sort of a kid’s phone. “When I saw you drop your phone last night, I was playing around with it and when I was walking home, I saw a shop selling your exact phone! They then helped me use your phone and even gave me my own phone!”

I grabbed her phone and examined it. Although it was Hello Kitty, It looked pretty expensive! How did she manage to get the money for this?!

“Oh that?” She asked as she looked at me as if she read my mind. “They gave it to me for free because they said I look pretty. They want me visit the shop again! Aren’t they really nice people?”

I raised my eyebrows. They gave this to her JUST because she was pretty?! Wow! Pretty people must be very lucky!

I nodded and handed her phone back without saying a word. I then looked back at my phone as I massaged my temples.

How am I going to be able to get those 200 contacts back?!

~~~

During class, I thought that it was oddly quiet. Boa was doing her work, which was a bit odd and the weirdo behind me was absent. I texted Yoochun to ask where he was however, he hasn’t replied. A normal friend would be pretty worried by now however, it’s Yoochun and I bet he had a one night stand with someone.

Some people ask me why I’m friends with someone like Yoochun. Yoochun is the class playboy and I’m easily mistaken as the class nerd because I don’t talk much and I have all these high grades. But I guess opposite attracts right? (But I’m not attracted to Yoochun in that sort of way, thank you very much!)

I looked at Boa and she was very quiet. Normally, she would ask me a lot of questions about the work we’re doing however, she just sat there reading some sort of book. I didn’t bother asking what book she was reading so I continued doing my work.

I shook my head. I should be happy that I can finally get some peace and quiet in here! Now that Yoochun’s gone and Boa’s reading, I should be celebrating!

I suddenly felt my pockets vibrating and I thought it was Yoochun who finally replied to my text.

I took my phone out and it said it was from Boa. I looked back at Boa and she was just smiling, not even taking her eyes away from that book. She didn’t even look like she had her mobile phone out!

‘Ohh! So this is a text message! Hi Jaejoong! :)’

I read it and I slightly raised my eyebrow. What is this girl up to now?

‘Shouldn’t you be working right now and not texting me?’

I texted back and in a matter of minutes, she replied back.

‘I am! ^^ I’m reading a book that came with this phone! I’m reading about text messaging! This is so cool! I love it! ^_____^’

I shifted my eyes to my right and she showed me the phone’s manual book. I then looked down and started to text back.

‘I guess it’s pretty cool. But why do you sound as if you’ve never had a –‘

“KIM JAEJOONG!” I suddenly jumped and when I looked up, Miss Lee was standing right in front of me. I looked through her eyes and it felt like it was about to pop out from anger. Oh god. I’m in so much trouble! “What are you doing?! Texting in my class, I see! You know how angry I get when my students text in class right?”

“But M-miss I–“

“DETENTION FOR KIM JAEJOONG, AFTER SCHOOL.”

~~~

I rested my head on the desk and I sighed. 3 days in school and I already have detention! Aish!

I looked in front of me and Miss Lee was sitting on her desk, reading one of her boring books. There was only me in detention so it feels so quiet and I feel so alone. Class was over so it’s not surprising if it’s only me and Miss Lee are in the whole school right now. I just want to go home!

This is all Boa’s fault. I’m a straight A student and I have never ever, in my whole life, had detention! I hate this! What are my parents going to say about this!

I really need to get away from that girl! She’s causing so much trouble in my life!

It would’ve been better if I’ve never met that girl.

‘Hmm, Maybe I should move to another school?’ I shook my head after thinking of that thought. I couldn’t do that. My parents will definitely kill me as they paid a good amount of money to get me into this school, which happened to be one of the biggest schools in Seoul and Yoochun will definitely kill me too because I’m leaving him.

I can seriously imagine that guy being all red with anger with that huge forehead of his.

‘Or maybe I should do something to make her leave the school!’

I smirked. Maybe I can do that, as long as it won’t affect my grades and whatnot. I think that’s the only way I can get away from that girl.

As I thought about random stuff quietly, I suddenly heard the door open and there stood Boa. I stared at her confusedly and she was looking around the room as if she was looking for someone. When her eyes landed on mine, she gave me one of her scary smirks.

“Miss Lee!” She suddenly called out making Miss Lee look up away from her book. “I want detention!!!”

My eyes widened as she said those words. Is this girl crazy?! She’s probably the first person who has ever asked a teacher for a detention! I saw Miss Lee looking at Boa as confused as I am.

“And why is that?” Miss Lee asked her as she took her book down. I saw Boa walk towards Miss Lee’s desk and had a determined look on her face.

“Because a friend should always stick with another friend!” She said with full determination. She looked at me and then she gave me a wink. She then opened her bag and took her book out. Oh, I should’ve known. I swear, that ‘How to be Normal’ books is almost like her bible!

“It’s what this book said!” She continued before shoving that brown book on Miss Lee’s face. I shook my head in embarrassment. This girl is so embarrassing!

“I… see…” Miss Lee replied as she looked at the cover of the book. “Well I guess there’s nothing I can do. I won’t give you detention but you may stay here until Jaejoong is done with his detention.”

I saw Boa grin with excitement and she walked towards the seat right next to me.

“What are you doing here?!” I mouthed after I tapped her shoulders. She stared right at me with her big eyes.

“Detention Of course!” She mouthed back and I shook my head.

I sighed as I stared at the clock on the wall. Now I have to stay here in detention and worse of all, I have to stay here with this weirdo!

A few minutes have passed and the room was still and quiet. I would occasionally steal a glance from Boa but all she did was fiddle with her fingers or hum to herself. As I glance at her, I could really see her beauty, not that I’ve never noticed it before. But when I first saw her, I thought she was just one of those girls who are beautiful yet snobby. But Boa is different. She’s really nice, down to earth, she can be a little weird and out of this world but she really treats me as a good friend and although I tell myself that I want to get away from her, maybe having her around is pretty good too. It’s a different change from Yoochun, who’s been my friend since I was little. And I guess you can say that, I don’t really have a lot of friends.

“Right you two,” My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Miss Lee’s voice. “I’m just going to the staff room to go and get something. Behave and I expect you to be here when I come back.”

We both nodded in reply and Miss Lee left the room. Oh great. Now it’s just me and Boa in the room.

It was quiet for a few minutes until I heard a small whine.

“Jaaaaaeee~” I heard Boa whine and I looked at her. “I could smell your scent.”

I gulped the moment she said those words. Oh no, I have a feeling that this is going to be a repeat of what happened when I first met her!

I saw her starting to lean forward from her desk as I started to move further and further away. As she leaned forward, I saw her eyes and it changed from brown to a darker shade of brown and I knew that this is the exact time to become very VERY scared!

“Boa! What are you doing?!” I finally had the courage to ask her and I heard her yelp. She finally jumped back to her desk and I saw her shake her head repeatedly.

“Oh no oh no no no no!” She said as she fiddled with her hands. “I can’t do that! I promise I can’t do that anymore! I have to be normal! Ahh! I have to be normal!!! You’re my friend after all! I can’t do this!”

I looked at her as she started to blabber on and on. What does she mean she has to be normal? Huh? And what does she mean she can’t do it? Can’t do what?!

I quickly grabbed her hands and she immediately stopped and stared right at me. Her hands felt really cold but I ignored it. When she felt my hands, she started to struggle however, I held it even tighter.

 “Boa,” I started as I looked into her eyes. “W-what do you mean you can’t do it? Can’t do what? Are you hiding something from me?”

“No! No!” She shook her head and she suddenly bit her lips. “Actually.. Jae… I really need to tell you some--”

“I mean, you’re nice and then suddenly, you’d end up having those look in your eyes like you want to eat me! What’s going on?” I interrupted her. I really had enough of whatever she was doing because it was starting to scare me. I just wanted to know the truth! “Just tell me!”

“You promise you won’t get mad?” She looked down as she asked me and I nodded. I then took my hands away from hers.

“And you promise you won’t hate me and we’ll still be friends?” She questioned again and I nodded. She then inhaled heavily before she continued. I stared right at her, anticipating her reply.

“Actually… I’m a zombie.”

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Sorry for the grammatic errors! Too lazy to edit~~ aish~ ^__^
Please comment! :D