Chingu?

The Day I Fell in Love With A Zombie

 

A/N: Chingu = Friend in Korean
 
~~~~~~~
 
September 18 2005 – Chingu?
 
It’s been 2 days since the whole incident with Boa and that whole incident of her putting her finger on my cheeks and it. I mean, what was up with that?! That girl was seriously scary and I hated how no one believed me.
 
After I regained my consciousness on that day, I went out of the classroom and I saw Yoochun standing in front of the door, smirking. I widened my eyes in surprise. D-did he see what Boa just did?
 
“I saw Boa coming out of the room with a grin on her face and seconds later, you came out right after looking like you saw a ghost,” Yoochun said, a grin was tattooed on his face. “What happened?”
 
“That girl is INSANE! I am COMPLETELY DEAD serious!” I told Yoochun and Yoochun just laughed hysterically. He clearly doesn’t know what insane meant. Pfft. This guy is from ia after all. 
 
“What the heck are you laughing at bro? Didn’t you see what just happened? She.. She--”
 
“Nope I didn’t,” Yoochun shook his head and my face fell. “But I could imagine what happen from the look of your face!”
 
I could feel the temperature of my body rising and my face turning red. What did he mean he could tell by the look of my face?! I bet he’s thinking of something bad now!
 
“W-what do you mean?!” I stuttered nervously as I looked at Yoochun. I saw him raising an eyebrow.
 
“Did she seduce you or something?” Yoochun asked with an evil smirk on his face.
 
“WHAT?!” I screamed. Luckily, there was no one in the corridors as everyone has gone home. “She didn’t seduce me. She did something a lot WORSE than that!”
 
I saw Yoochun’s eyes widen with surprise and before I could think back on exactly what was wrong with my sentence, he interrupted me.
 
“DID THE TWO OF YOU HAD-”
 
“WHAT?! NO! NO NO NO NO!” I said repeatedly. How can this guy think of something like that! “I would never do that to a girl! Better yet, someone who I just met a few hours ago! Anyways, let’s just go home. I don’t want to talk about this.”
 
I saw Yoochun nod following with a slight ‘hmm’ as an answer. 
 
As we started walking, I then heard Yoochun speak.
 
“Shame, I thought you could finally get laid.”
 
~~~~~~~
 
After that day, BoA didn’t speak to me. She avoided me like I had some sort of disease or something. I found it weird but at the same time, I was happy. Happy that I didn’t have to worry about anything and make everything awkward!
 
However, a part of me wanted to ask her if she was alright. So the next day, I waited in front of her locker before class, hoping I could talk to her. When she arrived in school, she saw me and then suddenly, I SAW HER RUNNING TOWARDS ME IN LIGHTNING SPEED! My eyes widened, curious about what she was about to do and then... SHE HUGGED ME.
 
“Kim Jaejoong! My friend! Chingu! Hello!” She said happily as she tightened her hug. I could only stand before her as if I was some sort of statue. And then I heard her hum a little in my ear. “Mmm! Jaejoong-ah! You smell really really good!”
 
Why is this girl hugging me! Everything is going way too fast! A moment ago, I was just standing in front of her locker and then seconds later, her arms were wrapped around me! I wanted to push her away immediately but there’s a part of me that liked the idea of her arms around me.
 
I could feel her head slowly landing on my shoulders and that was when I got my senses back. I pushed her away from me lightly, remembering that she’s a girl, and she looked at me with a smile on her face. 
 
“W-why did you just hug me?!”
 
“Look Jaejoong-ah! Look at my book!” She said and she shoved a brown book on my face, as if she forgot the question I asked her a second ago. The book was just simple with nothing on the cover but the title, ‘How to be normal’.
 
“And why have you got this book?” I asked her in confusion. This girl is really weird! It’s like she’s from another planet!
 
“Well a bunch of girls told me that I should act normal!” She said in delight with a full smile on her face. Her cute dimples and sparkling teeth were clearly visible as she smiled widely. “So I went to one of the rooms in the school, I think it was called, the library. The woman was really friendly and I asked her if she can help me on becoming normal and she gave me this book! For free! I think I can keep it forever! Isn’t that great! I think I should thank her. But how?”
 
I could only stare at her as she blabbered on and on. Has this girl have a split personality or something? Because the next she’s innocent, and then she’s all weird with her fingers touching my cheeks and it (or as yoochun says, ‘seductive’) and then back to innocent again! I’m so confused!
 
I saw her flicking through the pages with a huge smile with a tint of curiosity plastered on her face. The way she examined the book makes her face look awfully cute. She really is cute.
 
I then got my senses back and I remembered the reason why I was here in the first place.
 
“Umm Boa, why were you avoiding me yesterday? And now you’re all hugging me and being all friendly. What’s up with that?” I asked her and she looked up at me with her huge deep brown eyes. She then bit her lips before she continued.
 
“The girls told me how they were angry that I had to sit next to you in class. It wasn’t my fault, right Jaejoong-ah? And they told me to avoid you. So I did!” She said with an innocent smile as if avoiding me was the right thing to do and I raised my eyebrow. That isn’t exactly a reason to avoid anyone, is it? But then, she continued. “And then they told me to be normal and then I went to the library and yada yada yada. But then this book said that if you’re greeting a friend, you should run up to them and hug them and then say hello!”
 
She opened the book, looking for the right page and then she showed the page for me. She was right, the book did say that. However, I was a bit curious about something.
 
“I wasn’t sure if I should listen to the girls but then they told me to be normal so technically, I AM being normal if I don’t avoid my friend!”
 
“And since when did I become your friend?” I interrupted her and she smiled.
 
“You didn’t read the whole page properly!!!” She said with a pout on her face. She then looked at the book and then pointed at one of the sentence before moving to my right side, right next to me so I can have a clearer view. “Look! It says that if I talk to someone a lot more than any other people then they’re automatically my friend!”
 
I read the sentence in my head while nodding. 
 
“I see,” I said nodding but then I didn’t get a response and I felt that the atmosphere has suddenly gone cold and quiet. I looked at my right and I saw Boa’s face an inch away from mine. Her eyes were close and a sweet smile appeared on her face.
 
“Jaejoong-ah, I really really like your scent,” She whispered and I quickly moved away. What is this girl doing? How can I smell nice if I didn’t bother showering this morning? I know, I know, It was because I had to wake up early just so I can come to school and talk to this girl!
 
 I saw her face drop in disappointment as I moved away but then I heard a familiar voice.
 
“Yo! Jae!” I heard Yoochun’s voice and a smile appeared on my face. I turned around and there was Yoochun walking towards us. But before I could reply, all I saw was Boa’s back running towards Yoochun and giving him a hug.
 
“Jaejoong’s friend! My chingu too!” She hugged him and I could see Yoochun’s shock reaction the moment her arms wrapped Yoochun’s body. I swear, I wanted to laugh at his face! It was priceless! I wanted to take a picture of it!
 
‘Why is this girl hugging me?!’ I saw Yoochun inaudibly mouth right in front of me.
 
‘I don’t know!’ I mouthed back with a grin.
 
They hugged for a couple of seconds and then Boa quickly took her arms away. 
 
“You don’t smell as good as Jaejoong-ah!” She complained with her arms crossed. She looked at Yoochun and then right back at me.
 
“Yeah, my dog peed on me when I was about to walk to school,” Yoochun said embarrassedly, scratching his head. I laughed at him. You’re such an amazing dog, Harang!
 
As I was laughing, I then felt someone’s presence behind me and I saw that Boa ran behind me to hide. She was looking at Yoochun but she looked awfully scared. She grabbed hold of my shirt and I swear, it felt like she was pinching my skin!
 
“Ahh! I hate dogs! Get them away from me Jaejoong-ah!!!!!” She screamed in horror as she pinched my skin even tighter. I grabbed hold of her wrist, hoping that she would take her claws away from me and luckily she did.
 
“Yah!” Yoochun shouted back. “That’s an insult to my Harang! My Harang is a very loyal and friendly dog thank you very much!”
 
“I still hate them!” Boa shouted back and taking her tongue out for Yoochun.
 
“Right right,” I started. I didn’t want these two bickering for the whole day. “Don’t worry Boa, Harang isn’t here. And come on you two; let’s just get to class before Miss Lee shouts at us.”
 
“Oh yeah! Miss Lee! Woo!” Yoochun said enthusiastically and all I could do was shake my head.
 
~~~~~~~~
 
During class, all Boa did was go, “Jaejoong-ah, what is this?” “Jaejoong-ah, what is that?” “What’s the answer for this?” “What’s the answer for that?” and it really annoyed me! When I asked her why she was doing that, she told me how her precious book said that friends would always try and help each other when the other friend needed help. 
 
I shook my head in frustration. I really didn’t want to put up with this for a whole year! Luckily, I didn’t have Yoochun poking me and annoying me from behind (I guess he realised that Boa’s already doing his job for him with all her annoying questions).
 
When Miss Lee wasn’t looking, I asked Boa if she was from around here because from the way she acts, it’s like she’s from a different country!
 
“Hey Boa, you’re not from around here aren’t you?” I asked her curiously but then she gave me a glare as If I just said something very offensive. Her glare then turned into a smile and she shook her head innocently.
 
“Then where are you from?”
 
“If I told you, then I would have to kill you,” Her smile turned into the same smirk just like the time I met her and I swear, her eyes turned a darker shade of brown! It scared me a lot so I just ignored it and I got on with my work.
 
After class, I grabbed my bag and stood up. I noticed that everyone had already gone including Boa. I had to go walk on my own today as Yoochun had to stay in school for a project he’s doing.
 
I started walking and I realised that it was already quite dark, even if it was only September. But then, when I was walking, I could feel footsteps and I knew right then, someone was following me. 
 
I started walking faster but then the footsteps was becoming harder and faster too. 
 
Because I was scared, I realised that I the wrong turning and it happened to be a dead end. I was stuck! I turned around and I was faced with 5 guys walking towards me. I walked further and further away from them until I felt the cold wall hit my back.
 
“Hmmmm,” I heard one of the guys hum viciously. “Fresh human meat!”
 
They were coming nearer and nearer towards me and I wanted to run away from here and scream!
 
SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
 
~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: When I was writing this, I was looking at pictures of Harang and I thought, AWWW! HARANG IS SO ADORABLE~~ 
If you guys haven't seen Harang, Yoochun's dog, yet, here's a picture
So adorable<3
Hehe~
 
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please comment! :D