Last Kiss

Last Kiss

So I'll go sit on the floor wearing your clothes
All that I know is, I don't know how to be something you miss
Never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips

 

Dara's POV

 

He walked me home, like we had a choice. But secretly, I wanted to be with him, even for just a while. I'd take that time I could have with him, actually.

 

But on the way home, he never spoke, he never talked to me, and I didn't even bother initiate a conversation. What would I tell him? How are you Ji? Have you been well? Cause I haven't. Why did you even leave? I can't say that, can I? 

 

So we walked under the pale moonlight, with the crickets hum that matches the way our foot steps.

 

Shortly, we arrived at home. It wasn't even too far from the restaurant. 

 

"T-thanks for walking me home." I bowed to him. He nodded.

"I'll be going in now." I told him again and he didn't say anything, so I proceeded in walking to my front door.

 

"Wait!" Jiyong called, surprising every bit of me. I looked back and he ran to where I was.

 "C-can.. we talk for a sec?" He asked while fiddling with his fingers.

 

"S-sure. Do you want to come in?" I offered and he did.

"Do you want anything to drink? Coffee? Tea? Water?" I asked him and he shook his head. What's with the wordless answers?

 

So I sat in the couch opposite to where he was sitting.

"S-so what do you want to t-talk about?" I asked with the obvious stutter in my voice.

 

"H-how are you Dara?" He was stuttering.

"I've been fine, Ji." I told him, though

"I'm sorry, Dara."

"Wha-"

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for hurting you..  That moment I asked us to break up was the biggest mistake I did, losing you was the biggest mistake I made." I heard his sobs. 

"I should've appreciated and loved you, yet I had hurt you. I know you suffered all because of me. And If..

If I could just.. turn back time I would." He was sobbing. 

"I'm so.. sorry." He said again.

 

"Ji.."

 

"Would you forgive me, Dara?" He bowed his head, then closed his eyes shut, as if he was scared of my answer.

 

I moved closer to him and hugged him. His eyes fluttered and he hugged me back. I missed him. I really did.

"I love you, Dara." He added. I hugged him tighter.

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

I was shocked that she forgave me. I was really thankful she did. That even though after I made the mistake, she still took me.

I told her I loved her, but I didn't get an answer back. Does she still hate me?

 

After I had regained my.. strength. I told her how much I missed her and I asked her how she'd been. I never realized how her life turned out after our break up.

 

"I'll be leaving now." I finally told her. Though I wanted to stay with her, it will be awkward and it's getting late.

"Uhm, okay." She answered with a slight hint of dejection on her tone.

 

 

I stood, grabbed my stuff, and she opened the door for me, she was even smiling.

 

"See you soon, Ji." She told me.

Then she held my arm and hugged me.

 

"Let's start again." She whispered.

"Gladly." I told her and hugged her tighter. 

 

She released her grip on me, and I did too. I noticed the smile in her eyes. She was beautiful.

 

"I'll see you soon." I told her.

"Take care." She told me and waved me off.

 

 

As I got home, I unpacked my stuff and laid on the bed.

I opened my Facebook and added Dara instantly. Luckily she was online and accepted my request.

 

Dara Park: "Today, marks a new day, a new chapter in my life. It will be different, but things will eventually get better."

 

I posted one too,

 

Jiyong Kwon: "We'll make things work, and this time, I won't let you go."

 

Then a chat converstation popped out.

Dara: Hey Ji!

 

 

 

Things don't turn out the way we always plan them to be. Dara, as simple as she may be, had experienced a lot of hardships and trials, and by just being by her side, being her friend and confidante, is absolutely fine with me.

If someday, she accepts me in her life again, I won't waste that time to fool around. I would cherish that moment and maybe, we won't ever have to share our last kiss.