2

Last Kiss

I do remember the swing of your step

The life of the party, you're showing off again

And I roll my eyes and then you pull me in

I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did

 

Because you love my handshake, meeting your father

Said you love how I walk with my hands in my pockets

How I kissed you when you were in the middle of saying something

I hope that you still miss those rude interruptions

 

Flashback:

 

It was the Senior's Ball and Dara was Jiyong's date. It was his first time asking her for a date and she gladly said yes.

He had to pick her up at 6 in the evening in the Park residences.


"Hello Mr. Park, Jiyong imnida." He introduced and offered his hand.

"Hello Jiyong." Mr. Park greeted. He eyed him carefully.

"Please sit." He added.

They were silently waiting for Dara who was still fixing herself.

"She's coming, she's coming." Her mother, Mrs. Park giddily said as she went down the stairs.

Both of the men's eyes widened.

Dara alighted the stairs beautifully. She was wearing a black long dress, her collar bone showing, and silver stilettos that accentuated her height.

 



She was drop dead gorgeous.

"You're beautiful." Jiyong said as he gave her a single red rose.

"You look dashing." She complimented him as well.


They were smiling at each other, not taking their eyes off each other.



*Ehem* Mr. Park coughed.

"Please get her home by 11PM." He commanded, talking to Jiyong.

"I will, Sir." He said and bowed to her parents.

"Shall we go, Dara?" Jiyong blushed. Dara nodded.

 

"Nice meeting you, Sir." Jiyong shook her father's hand.

"Nice meeting you, Ma'am." Jiyong bowed at her mother.


It would be a sin to stare at her all night. But it will be the greatest sin yet.

 

 

They had arrived at the venue. It was elegantly decorated, and a lot of their classmates and friends were already there when they arrived. Dara had alighted from Jiyong's car with him assisting her like a true gentleman. She hooked her arm to Jiyong's, and her other arm with her small purse. They walked to the entrance with Jiyong carefully holding her.

"Welcome to the ball, Jiyong, Dara." Their favorite teacher, Mr Yang, greeted them by the registration booth.

"Dara, you're so beautiful." He commented. 

"Jiyong, you're a lucky guy tonight." He added and chuckled.

Both signed their names in the registration form and went to greet their friends.

 

"Wow." Youngbae and Daesung said simultaneously. Seungri's jaw just dropped.

"Dara-ssi, you're so pretty, chincha yeppeuda~!" He said with glee. With his comment, he earned a slap in the arm from Chaerin, and a grit from Jiyong.

"But of course, my Chaerin is much prettier." He then added.

 

The program started with welcome remarks from Mr. Yang, then it kicked off with the dancing. Jiyong, together with his friends Seungri, Youngbae and Daesung, were part of the Dance Troupe at school so they had a special number before the dance floor was officially open.

 

"I need to dance first, be back in a few." He told Dara before he went to the stage.

Jiyong was a dancing machine, the way he danced was so graceful but with precision.

Dara was in awe seeing him dance with so much passion. 

After their performance, all the guests clapped and cheered for them.  Mr. Yang then officially said that anyone can do what they want freely, enjoy the food, dance, or take pictures in the booth.

 

Music started to play, and every couple went to the dance floor. There was Seunghyun and Bom, Seungri and Chaerin, and Daesung and Minzy. 

 

"Care to dance, my princess?" Jiyong suddenly came to Dara, offering his hand to her.

"Uhm. I.. I don't know how to dance." Dara said shyly.

"It's not that hard. I'll teach you. I won't get mad even if you step on my foot." He joked.

"Okay, then.." Dara said and took his hand.

 

As they arrived on the dance floor, the music suddenly switched from a fast track to a mellow one. 

Jiyong held both her hands and placed them at the back of his nape. He then rested his arms on his waist.

They were facing each other, no words spoken, both swaying at the beat, feeling each other's heart beating erratically.

"Dara.." Jiyong whispered.

Dara looked up at him, eyes intently showing curiosity.

 

"I really like you.. alot." He said.

"We've known each other since two years ago and I know our friendship's on the line bu--"

"I like you too, Ji." Dara smiled at him.

"Seriously?" Jiyong couldn't believe.

"Yes, seriously. From day 1 that we met, I already knew that i like--"

Jiyong kissed her. She didn't get to finish her sentence, but she knew he understood it.

It was perfect.