3

Last Kiss

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep

And I'll feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe

And I'll keep up with your old friends just to ask them how you are

Hope it's nice where you are

 

And I hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful day

And something reminds you, you wished you had stayed

I never planned on making you cry

But not letting go would be living a lie

 

 

Since the Ball, they’ve been together. They did everything together from lunch sessions to afternoon assignments. They were inseparable. They’ve been the talk of the whole campus, how they perfectly fit each other, and how they we’re meant to be.

 

         Days turned to months and monthsaries turned into anniversaries. Then everything suddenly ended.

 

DARA’s POV

 

            It’s been what? 2 months since he broke up with me. But saying that I have already moved on is a lie. I get by every day but it’s rather hard. I’ve been with him all these years then suddenly this big space is left with me to be with.

 

I always thought that one day he might come back and tell me that it was all a big mistake, that the break up was all a big joke. But it never came, he never came.

 

I’m on my way to the small restaurant near our block to meet with our friends. We hang out every once in a while and I heard the whole gang was there. Will he be there? No, of course. He never comes when he knows I’d come.  I was wearing a simple tee and jeans, which I lazily picked up from my closet. I didn’t realize that it was one of his shirts he used to leave in my apartment for when he wanted to sleepover.

 

 

“Hey guys!” I greeted them and they greeted me back. I sat beside my best friend, Bom, while Seunghyun was on the other side. Small chats were made and I was talking to Bom.

 

“How are you, Dara?” She asked me.

 

“I’m great!” I cheerfully smiled though I was lying.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” She asked me worriedly, I know I can’t hide anything from her.

 

“It’s just that.. It’s tough, you know.” I said. She already knew what I meant. Our break up was known in the whole gang and everyone gave us space and understood where we came from.

 

“How is he?” I added now talking to Seunghyun who was eavesdropping in our conversation.

 

“I don’t actually know, Dara. He’s been MIA since you two broke up. He always says he’s busy with work and a lot of stuff. And I’ve never seen him since you two...” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Are you still friends on Facebook?” He asked me.

 

I shook my head. He deleted me from his friends list and most probably from his life.

 

“Well, I see his pictures and he lost a lot of weight and looks real restless.” He commented.

 

“Yea, I saw them too. I bet he’s tiring himself, he’s a workaholic, right?” Bom added.

 

“He is.” I sighed. I hated it when Jiyong focuses too much on work because he always ends up getting sick. We always fought about that and he’ll always end up getting mad at me for not thinking of his priorities when I was just thinking about his health.

 

Would he remember me when he overworks himself? Would he remember how we bicker and how I bombarded him with messages until he turned off his office laptop and go home? Would he remember to drink the vitamins I got for him, for him to be less sick?

 

            Then something chimes near the door. Good evening’s and welcome’s resonating the whole shop. Jiyong arrived.