1

Last Kiss
I still remember the look on your face
 
Lit through the darkness at 1:58
 
The words that you whispered for just us to know
 
You told me you loved me, so why did you go away?
 
 
I do recall now the smell of the rain
 
Fresh on the pavement, you ran off the plane
 
That July 9th, the beat of my heart
 
It jumps through my shirt, hope you still feel my arms

 

  
 
"Dara.. It's not working out." Ji said as he went closer to Dara.
 
"Not working out?" Dara asked confusingly.

 

"Us." Jiyong said.

 

 
At that word, Dara's eyes watered.

 

 
"I think we need to bre--" He added.

 

 
"Please don't." Dara begged. She already knew it was coming, but she didn't want to know.

 

"I love you, you love me. What else? We'll already be 5 years in --" She reasoned out. 

 

"God dammit! That's the point. It's been what? 5 ing years since we met, and honestly, Dara. I'm tired." Jiyong cursed, frustration urging out.

 

 

"You don't want 'us' anymore?" Dara confirmed while her tears flowed.

 

 
"I'm sorry." Jiyong just bowed his head.

 

 
"Is there someone else? Is it 'cause of me?" She asked.

 

"Because I can change, we can fix this, Ji." Dara pleaded silently praying that this is all a dream -- a nightmare as it is.

 

 
"Dara, it's not you. I think we need space. Some time to cool off." Jiyong explained.
 
"Some time to miss each other. Then we'll realize what's best for us." Jiyong added.

 

 
Everything became silent. 

 

 

 

 
"It's fine. We'll get through this. Yea.." Dara tried assuring herself, wiping her fallen tears. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
She turned around and began to walk home.
 
"Let me send you home, it's daybreak and something might happen to you." Jiyong thoughtfully asked.
 
 
"It's okay, Ji. It's only a few blocks." 

 

 

 

 
"Will you be okay?" He asked worriedly.

 

 
"You don't need to care for me anymore, i'll be fine." She finally said.

 

"Thank you, Ji." Dara kissed Jiyong for the last time then left him.
 
 
Every step she took became heavier and heavier. As if she wanted to look back and run towards him. But she can't. She had to let go of him. 

 

With her sadness, came the rain. Filling her heart with more sorrow than it ever had. It didn't matter if she was soaking wet, her heart was broken, and she had the liberty to cry it all under the rain.

 

 
As Dara walked home, all her thoughts of them came crashing through her mind - all the memories they spent and all the times they shared. 
 
The way he smiled at her, the way he held her her, the way he told her he loved her.