Friends Always There For You

Only Tears

 

I walked lazily towards my home. I was thinking too hard about what happened to me that I can’t focus what was in front of me. I bumped into a few pedestrians and banging on a pole. As I reached home, I saw Sunny was waiting for me at the porch. She ran towards me as soon as she saw me.

 

          “Unnie, where were you?? I’ve been worried sick, you know?” she said. I tried to cover my forehead as I don’t want her to notice the bruise on my forehead, but it was too late. She looked at me with her eyes wide open and I quickly covered to stop her from screaming.

 

2 Hours later

 

          “Drink this... Unnie, at the very least, you should inform me what happened”, Sunny said while handing me a cup of hot chocolate. She sat beside me on the grass in our backyard. Gazing t at the stars made me calm somehow.

          “Sunny-ssi, I ALMOST got robbed, ok?? The robber didn’t stand a chance to take anything from me. So, there’s nothing to worry about...”, I tried to convinced her with my lie, just like I did to Woohyun.

 

          “Oh, yeah, I met Woohyun this afternoon. Still remember your crush??”, I tried to invigorate the atmosphere.

She smiled widely at me.

         “Actually, I’ve meet him last weekend. But, he made me swear not to tell you. He planned to meet you at your birthday party this weekend. You know, as a surprised”, she told me excitedly.

        “Sunny-ssi, I know that you’ve been working hard for my birthday party. But, can’t you just cancel the plan??”,  I asked her politely, trying not to hurt her feelings. I didn’t feel like having a birthday party under this circumstance. For me, my marriage was the worst birthday present ever!

She fell into silence

        “ok”, she replied without any objections which made me curious.

 

01.00am

It’s already past midnight but I still can’t sleep. So I decided to go to a park near my house. As I sat on a bench at the park, I saw a couple was walking while holding hands. Suddenly, I felt very sad.

          “How on earth can I get through this, GOD?? Why me, why??”,I asked myself.

 

          “You need to be strong, Sarah, you MUST be strong.  Everything is going to be fine”, I whispered to myself. I wiped away my tears roughly. As I’m ready to leave, I saw two people standing near me.

 

          “I know you’re hiding something from us, Sarah-ssi. I can see it in your eyes”, Woohyun Said to me. Sunny who stood beside him just stared at me. Both of them looked as if they’ve been running for a mile.

 At that time, I really can’t hold my tears anymore. I hugged both of them and cried on their shoulders.