Into The New World

Only Tears

7 years later

 

 

I quickly shut down my laptop while tears rolling down my cheeks. The news that I read on the internet earlier had killed me inside. I can’t let it happen. For the sake of ‘them’, I must do something.  Then, I rang someone.

 

         “Woohyun-ssi, it’s me, Sarah. I’m coming home”.

 

 

Incheon International Airport

 

         “Are you really sure that’s what she said?? No double meaning??”, Sunny asked.

         

          "I told like a hundred times already. That’s what I heard and I’m 100% sure that’s what she said”, Woohyun rolled his eyes.

 

           “But why is she coming home?? Why now?? Is it because of the news??”, asked Sunny while busy searching for her dearest best friend at the arrival hall.

 

           “It’s because of I miss you two”, a voice came from their back.

 

Sunny and Woohyun turned around and Sunny quickly put her hand to as she was so shocked to see how much her best friend has changed. She observed her from head to toe. From her Chanel’s limited edition’s handbag to her Christian Louboutin’s shoes, everything about her has changed.

 

              “Wow, Sarah, is that you??!! OMG, I miss you so much..!!”, Sunny can’t refrain herself from showing her best friend how shocked she was. She ran towards Sarah and hugged her tightly as if she would never see her again.

 

                 “Okay, enough drama, girls... Let’s go and find something to eat...” said Woohyun and Sunny let go of Sarah and they walked together to the nearest restaurant.

 

While they were eating, Sunny and Woohyun look at each other before Sunny started speaking.

 

                     “Unnie, can I ask you something... How long do you plan to stay here??”, asked her, trying not to hurt Sarah’s feeling.

 

She just smiled and put down the spoon and fork.

 

                    “Actually, I decided to move back to Korea. I’ve got an offer to be an actress. The shooting start next week… isn’t it great??”, she said and turned back to her meals.

 

Sunny and Woohyun glanced at each other and deep down, they knew that they both shared the same thought and whatever it was, it was no good.