My Saviour

Only Tears

 

I stared blankly on the road, thinking about what had happened just now.

                “Here you go”, someone said to me. He handed me a cup of hot coffee and sat on a bench beside me at a park.

                “Gamsahabnida. Oraen maniya, Woohyun-ssi”, I smiled weakly at him.

                “Yeah, it’s been a long time”, he said.

Then, both of us fell into silent.

                “Well, not that I want to be such a nuisance, but who’s that guy?? And why he really mad at you?”, asked Woohyun. He tried to breka the silence.

                “Oh, hurrm... actually, we just met. Long story short, I had dragged him into trouble. That’s all”. I lied.

Of course I could not tell him the truth. After all, Minho was still my husband and it’s not right for me to tell bad things about him.

Woohyun looked as if he didn’t buy my story. I tried to change the subject before he could ask me more about the incident.

                “Well, where have you been for the past four years??”’ I asked him.

                “I moved on to Canada with my family. My dad started a business there and he’s been very busy ever since. That’s why we never came back. And now, I’m back for good.” He smiled at me.

Suddenly, he remembered something and his smile faded away.

“OH MY GOD..!! Mianhae, Sarah-ssi… But I have to go now..!” he quickly got up and ready to leave.

“Before I forgot, this is my card. You can call me whenever you want”, he said.

I looked at the card which is red in colour. It’s weird to see a business card which is red in colour, but I didn’t say anything as I know that red is his favourite colour.

“Wow, Woollim Entertainment?? Your dream finally come true.. Congrats..!!”, I said in a happy tone.

“Almost come true, actually.. I’m preparing for my debut. Well, gotta go now..!! See you again... Bye...”, He said.

I just smile and said goodbye as he leave.

To be honest, he was my crush back when I was a kid. He had saved me from being bullied when I was 10. He was my saviour. I’m happy for him when I learned that his dream to become a star will be fulfilled soon.

In a spiralling moment, it seems to hit me: his future was free and unencumbered, whereas me, I could see nothing but pain and Choi Minho ahead.

My smile suddenly faded away and I began to cry.