First Life

Endless Time. Endless Love.

Main Image NOT MINE! (credit to owner) 

sorry it took a little long! but I finally had time to update!

 


2012

I loved the beach. I loved to watch all the families play and spend time together. Its been a while since Ive had a family...too long. 

I patted the sand which was covering Lay's chest. Lay and I have been together since the beginning of all this mess. For some unknown reason he changed just as did that dark night. The witch said it was our bond...but then why did Adessa die? Why did Lay live? I didnt hold it against him. I loved Lay, and I was so glad he stayed with me for all these centuries. But there was still that one piece of me that wondered why Adessa hadnt lived as well.

"What's wrong?" Lay asked, trying to shift a little without disturbing the sand which he was currently buried in.

"Just thinking." I sighed stretching out on my towel beside the buried Lay.

"About?" Lay asked after a few minutes. He has always been the one to respond to things slowly.

"Adessa." I mummbled rolling over to look at him.

Lay nodded quietly for a moment, with what seemed as a blank expression, though I knew he was thinking.

"Your always thinking about Adessa." Lay said smiling at me, his one dimple showing.

I laughed. I couldnt argue with that. She took up 99.9% of my thoughts. and the .1% of my left over thoughts was used on trying to not think about her.

"It should be time now." I told Lay. "I have that feeling again. And I have been dreaming of our first life everynight for the past month. That could only mean its time."

Lay smiled slightly. I knew what he was thinking. Its gonna happen again. Nothings going to change. Its going to end in heartbreak and death just like every other time. How could I blame him for thinking those things though. Its only the truth, but this time will be different. I will do everything I possibly can to make this time different.

"You look just as love sick as you did the first time you met her." Lay laughed at me. "I have to admit, its been sometime since Ive seen that expression. For a long while, your only expression was very depressing and one of sadness."

"Well, if you consider the cercumstances..." I said quietly. Lay didnt reply.

 The first time I met her, I thought to myself. Oh how I remember those day. It seems like it was only yesterday.

 


1495

"Are you coming!?" Kris yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I could hear his boots as he started stomping up the stairs. 

Margaretta silently opened my bedroom door and I stepped out, meeting Kris as he stepped on the top stair. 

"Your gonna make us late." Kris said with a scowl on his face. "Your father will have my hide if I dont get you to the festival on time."

I laughed. Oh the May Festival. It was that time of the year. The May Festival was held in mid-August for young men and women to find their appropriate spouse. All the young people get together and socialize for 2 days of games, feasts, and drinks. I have been going since I was 18, I am now 22. Each time I have gone, I have not found a girl that caught my attention so much that I wanted to marry them. So in the time that I had not found myself a bride, I had built a large house on some of the land which my father had given to me. 

"Luhan!" Lay yelled as Kris and I exited the house. It was Lay's third year going to the May Festival. "You excited?"

"Yeah!" I yelled back at him, though he was only a few inches away from me. I wrapped my arm around his neck as we headed towards the wagon full of young men. Kris got onto the wagon first, then I, then we hoisted Lay up. The other young men scooted over, making room for us in the wagon. I sat down on the bench and Lay sat on the floor between my legs and Kris on my left side.

The wagon pulled forward, taking us into the town. 

"Do you think you will find a girl this year?" Tao asked me. I hadnt realised he was sitting on this wagon. Tao lived on the farm down the road from my land. He had turned 18 this year so it was his first time going to the May Festival. He was always jealous when I had to go, and was quite upset each time I came home without a bride.

"I dont know." I answered Tao with a smile.

"I hope to find one tonight." Tao smiled widely.

We could hear the music playing as the wagon pulled up to the clearing. There was a large bonfire that was surrounded by several tents and tables. Kris whistled as we passed a group of girls walking towards the clearing. The girls giggled as they waved at him.

"It shouldnt be to hard for me to find a girl this time." He said smirking as the girls went on giggling.

The wagon pulled up outside of the tent which worked as a bar. Inside the tent you could see groups of guys eyeing down girls which were dancing by the fire. I hoped out of the wagon after Lay, Tao and Kris right behind me. 

"Kris!?" Tao used his begging voice.

"Yeah?" He answered wearily.

"Come with me to watch the Jousting?"

"We are hear to find wives, not watch jousting." Kris answered smugly.

"Pleeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeee????" Begged Tao. "We can look at the girls while we watch the joust!!!"

"ugh..." Kris sighed. "Okay come on." Kris grabbed Tao's wrist to head to the jousting arena.

I laughed. Tao always got his way. When he begged like that, there's no way you could deny him.

"Come on!" Lay said grabbing my hand and towing me to the drinking tent.

"Here you go boys." said the man handing out drinks.

"Thank you." we answered taking the large mugs of beer from him.

We took a seat at one of the tables set up outside of the tent, watching the fire.

"Looks like Kris found someone." I said to Lay as I looked over at the jousting arena.

"What do you mean?" Lay asked looking around confused. Goodness he was slow but you couldnt help but love him for it.

"Over there!" I said grabbing Lay's face and pointing it towards the arena. Then I pointed, making sure he saw exactly what I was looking at.

There was a slight crowed in that area, so it took Lay a few seconds to really understand what I was talking about. He smiled. Kris was standing against the fence of the arena, his back against it, as he talked to a beautiful young girl standing in front of him. Her hair was long and blonde. She seemed to come up to about his shoulder, but of course most people were shorter than Kris. She wore a long pale blue dress with a white shawl hanging loosely over her shoulders. She did her courset nicely, so that it was pushing up a good portion of her cleavege for men to see. Tao stood a bit away, oblivious to what was going on with Kris, for he was so enwarped in the joust to notice anything. A little ways away from Tao stood a girl with medium length black hair and a petite frame. She was pretty, and her eye's wouldnt leave Tao. I notice the blush that was forming on her cheeks the longer she stared at him. 

"Tao is completely blind." Lay said shaking his head at our young handsome friend.

"He's so focused on the joust, he doesnt even notice a girl drooling over him." I said staring at Tao. "And he would get mad when I didnt bring home a bride." I shook my head.

I saw a girl then. She was standing on the other side of the fire. Dancing by herself. I could see her through the flames. Her eye's closed, a small smile on her face, as she swayed and danced in time to the music. She lifted the bottom of her dress up slightly with both hands so that she wouldnt trip as she spun around in a circle. Her long light brown hair blowing slightly from the wind. Around her head, it seemed as though she made a halo of flowers. It was common to see girls with flowers in their hair, for they tried to look their best. But on this girl, it seemed as though the halo of flowers were a part of her, not something that made her look pretty. She made the flowers look pretty. Her shawl had fallen off her shoulders and was drooping down around her waist. Her white dress seemed to lift and fan out as she twirled to the music.

Her. I thought to myself. I want her.

I got up, putting my mug down onto the table. "I will be back in a minute." I said to Lay who was eyeing a girl  a few seats away.

"Mmk." He mumbled, taking another sip of his beer.

I walked acros the clearing and around the fire. Not letting my eyes leaving the dancing girl. She was so beautiful, it seemed to surprise me that no other male had gone up to her yet. They were probably to afraid to disturb her, for she looked like an faerie dancing. I was beside her then. She hadnt noticed me aproach, for when she turned again, she gave a small squeal of shock before smiling.

"You startled me." She said happily, slowing her dance.

"I do appologize." I said to her. She was quite petite, I noticed as I looked down at her. She was slightly smaller than my shoulders. "My name is Luhan."

"Luhan." She curtsied. "I am Adessa. Have you come to dance with me?" She asked coming to a stop.

"Would a beautiful Faerie like you mind a dancing partner?" I asked touching her Flower halo. She blushed. 

"It would make me most content if you danced as my partner." She said looking down, smiling.

I wrapped a arm around her waist, pulling her towards me. Her hand automatically going to my shoulder. I took her other hand in mine. Then we started to dance.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *    *

Adessa giggled quietly as I pulled her down to lay beside me on the grass, as the moon grew higher in the sky. We had spent the rest of the night drinking, watching the joust, dancing, and conversing with others. She was 19 years old, and ready for a husband. This made me smile when she told me this.

"Adessa...." I sighed as she settled her head onto my chest. Everyone else in the clearing had began to fall asleep or were talking very quietly amongs each other.

"Yes?" She asked, snuggling closer to me.

"I want to make you my bride." I said quietly, nervousness suddenly taking over my body.

Adessa looked up at me. Her brown eyes searching mine. "If I refuse?" she asked.

My heart felt like it had dropped through my feet when she asked that. I could feel my chest swell from sadness. "Then I would let you go." 

"But thats not custom." she said leaning her head back down onto my chest. I didnt reply. "When do we leave?" She asked, I could hear a small smile in her voice.

"You mean it?" I asked, my arms wrapping around her as butterflies flew around crazily in my stomach.

"Yes." She sighed, sleep was slowly taking her over.

"We shall leave first thing in the morning." I told her burying my face into her hair. "I already have us a house and land."

She sighed softly and nodded in reply and I knew sleep was now upon her.

By tomorrow night Adessa would be my wife. We didnt need a big celebration of a marriage. Because the marriage was created from the May Festival, after you make love with the person you choose at the May Festival, technically you were now married to that person. I couldnt help but smile as I thought this. I knew I loved her. I knew that I had found the girl I was meant to spend the rest of my being with.

 


 

A/N:   How did you all like this chapter?  What do you think of it so far?

Dont worry more EXO members will be appearing later on in the story!

Love you all! Subscribe! Comment! Friend request!

~Sammie~<3