Welcome to the Club

A Mission Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am sitting on top of my good old friend - the living room couch, thankful for the silence. I should've known the 'throw up and forget about it’ plan wouldn't work, because it hasn't, and I'm still drowsy. I’ve figured I probably can't throw up because I haven't eaten anything. It kinda makes sense, no?

 

And thinking about ‘plans’ in general makes me feel guilty. To think about it, if Taemin's content living with his lame excuse of a boyfriend, who am I to judge? He does seem happier.
 


"Dammit Kai, you're talking to yourself again." I’m pretty sure I’ve said that one aloud.



Not that I’ve noticed the couch dipping, but now I feel a hand as it sneaks around my waist, drawing me closer to whoever is sitting beside me. And to be honest - I don't really care who it is. Perhaps it's the beginning of my fall into depression.
 


"Why the pouty face?" Yixing inquires and somehow, his voice is really soothing, so that I don't even flinch.

 

It also seems as if he has no intention whatsoever of letting go of me anytime soon. Wait... is he trying to molest me again? There's only one way to find out, and so I snuggle even closer, resting my head onto his chest. This feels nice, I guess... kind of. I keep expecting him to attempt and do something…erted, but he just sits there silently, waiting for my response.



"I dunno." I say after a while.
 


"Something is bothering you."



"Well yes, you're right, but it's a bit personal."



"Oh. Okay then " he says and I wait for him to get up and leave, because I’m not cooperating.

 

He doesn't, and I decide I might as well enjoy this, so I don't get up either. I soon relax and start drifting off, faintly registering as his other hand begins threading through strands of my hair and… did I just imagine him kissing the top of my head? Could this guy get any mushier? As usual, this is too good to be true.

 

"Ouch!" I whine as something sharp hits me on the head, falling to the floor.

 

What the hell, that hurt.

 

"Hey you, love birds. Wake up." I hear a familiar voice, which is soon followed by a body…

 

Kyungsoo.

 

Is he high again?

 

I scan the floor for the object of impact and notice a not so innocent, yellow pencil lying by my feet, as if it's waiting to leap up and stab me in the eye.



"Are you insane?! You could've put his eye out!" Yixing protectively wraps both arms around me. I haven’t even noticed how he’d managed to maneuver me onto his lap, so naturally I decide it’s safe enough to dedicate Kyungsoo a much needed death glare.

 

The guilty party is staring at his feet… and he's just so cute when he's blushing.

 

"Erm.. sorry. But you were sleeping and I had a pencil in my hand."

 

Was this supposed to be an excuse? Cause it’s a -y one at best.

 

"So creative," Yixing mutters sarcastically, which simply causes Kyungsoo to blush even deeper, "so what did you want?"

 

"I w-was about to tell you two to get your asses down the basement." he stammers.

 

"Says who?" Hehe, Yixing's lazy, but I'm pretty comfortable as well.

 

And warm. I don't wanna get up, that would require moving.

 

"Says Suho Hyung, we're gonna put on a show."

 

"And what show would that be?" Yixing asks, eyeing Kyungsoo up and down. I bet he’s thinking about a strip show… because that's exactly what I'm thinking.

 

"I'm gonna sing and play… GUITAR." Kyungsoo triumphantly raises a forefinger, turns around and is currently making his way towards the kitchen door, turning his head back from time to time to check whether we’re following. So he can play guitar? Who would've guessed?

 

"You are not touching my guitar, you’re gonna break it!" Yixing yells at the retreating figure, which halts at the doorframe.

 

"Yes I am, so you better get down there now. And bring your boyfriend along." says Kyungsoo, turning on his heels, and then we both hear him giggling to himself, albeit quietly.

 

Why couldn’t I say anything to deny being Yixing’s boyfriend?

 

Perhaps it's these uber-comfy arms, which are quite predictably still around me? Or maybe the fact Kyungsoo is so damn weird?

 

Creepy or weird?

 

I pick… damn, I dunno. I always fall for the wrong people.

 

 As it is, fact is - I say nothing to prove him wrong. Yixing is, of course, not denying it either. Not that I’ve been expecting anything else from him.


Kyungsoo has long left.



I raise a brow at Yixing, receiving nothing but an apologetic, single-dimpled smile in return.




A while passes, and I am still seated really close to Yixing, except he doesn't have his arms around me ever since I had decided to slide off of him. It's cold, and silent, and Kyungsoo has ordered us down the basement...

 

Shouldn’t I be thrilled?

 

For some reason I'm not half as excited as I’d expect myself to be, and Yixing is beginning to worry me. I believe he's spacing out, so that I’m now wondering where Minho might be, what’s with him proving to be quite an expert in the field of sleeping with your eyes open.
 


"Aren't you gonna check on your guitar?" I ask, although it feels more like I’m talking to the couch.

 

Okay, he's officially spacing out, he's not even listening. Too bad, because I can clearly envision Kyungsoo going ', was this supposed to do that?' or something along the lines, any moment now.

 

Is it just me or am I worried about his guitar more than he is? "Yixing Hyung!"

 

"… What?" he startles. Yes, yelling into his ear did help.

 

"Aren't we supposed to be heading downstairs?"

 

"Why?"

 

I thought I was about to witness Kyungsoo's murder, and all of a sudden Yixing doesn’t give a damn. What's wrong? Might it be that, at such a young age, he’s already suffering from sclerosis? Well, that’s a shame. Or does this have anything to do with Kyungsoo thinking we're…

 

"I dunno, but he's gonna touch your guitar if we don't."

 

… Kyungsoo thinking that we’re boyfriends?

 

"Then you obviously don’t know this guy as well as I do.” are you trying to tell me something, Hyung?

 

"He'll touch it anyway?" I finish for him and he nods, giving me one of these 'you go' looks, then gazes away and to his palm. Is he contemplating whether to high-five me?

 

So here I am, sitting on a couch with Mr. Creepy, talking about people behind their backs. Not just any people, but a certain person who just so happens to be my crush. Although I must admit I wouldn’t mind Yixing hugging me again, perhaps we could cuddle some more? I'm not making much sense, now am I?



"You want to go, right?" he asks, suddenly sounding distressed. Now there's such a thing as mood swings.

 

Yes, I do want to watch Kyungsoo play guitar, because for some reason I keep thinking it'll be the funniest thing on earth... apart from listening to Taemin’s singing in the shower, but that's beside the point. And Yixing won't hug me anymore, so what's the use in staying here?



"Yes, cause I'm bored and Kyungsoo might throw another pencil at me if we anger him. You don't want me to get injured, do you Hyung?" I make a cute face in attempt to cheer him up, but of course it doesn't work. When was I ever lucky?



"Alright then." He gets up, running a hand through his still messy bed hair and taking the remaining heat with him.

 

And to think I was expecting a sarcastic remark... maybe he does pity me. Yes Kai, you pathetic person. Am I really that pathetic?

 

No wonder nobody wants me.

 

Still dwelling in self-pity, I get up and follow Yixing through the kitchen (should I start about the architectural problems of this house again?), down the stairs. He stops in front of the basement door, suddenly finding the ‘Suho’s lair – keep out’ sign quite fascinating. I have to keep myself from bumping into him from behind. Now that would have been awkward.
 


“What is it now?” I ask, doing my best to sound as irritated as possible. Is he trying to make out any suspicious sounds through the door, or was he simply set on causing me to him? Or both?


“Tss...” he raises a finger to his lips, a lame effort to shut me up. Okay, so I’d have to go for option number one then, but wouldn’t it be easier to have opened the door first?



He doesn’t seem to think so, and I am forced to open it myself. What I am mostly greeted by is the sight of Suho’s up in the air while he kneels on the floor, messing with the chord of what looks like a bass, and then Kyungsoo with a guitar. A happy Kyungsoo with what is most definitely Yixing’s guitar, because I very well remember my brother drooling all over it just yesterday. I almost giggle at the display. Almost.



“Come on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter