Why is my Reflection someone I don't know?

A Mission Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I wander around for another minute or so, then stumble across a... no, not another drumstick - that would have been boring, but a somewhat hyper brother. Taemin closes a door behind himself, which just so happens to be the one I’d been looking for. Look who’s found the bathroom.

 

But… why is Tae staring at me like I've suddenly sprouted a horn?!



"What the hell are you staring at?" maybe a 'good morning' would have been nicer, but it's not my fault he was trying to devour me with his eyes.

 

Instead of answering he pulls me by the arm into the bathroom, placing me in front of a mirror.

 

And what’s his point? I notice his grinning reflection in the glass, right alongside my confused one. Is it that time of month already, wherein he feels like pointing out the size of my lips so he could feel better about something or the other? Thought it was still a bit too early since his most recent pimple.  

 

Hmmm… perhaps I should start wearing makeup, like them other flower boys do. Yeah right, not in this decade. I’m hot as I am, thank you very much, I don’t need to look paler.

 

"And..? I know I’m hot."

 

"Somebody got lucky." he says matter-of-factly, ignoring my previous statement.

 

I then notice a cute little love bite on the side of my neck. Just how much advantage didn't Yixing take of me? The creep. “Spill your guts out!" Taemin exclaims.
 

 

Oh, that's just what I was about to do, literally, but I think it’s passed.  Is it just me or are Taemin’s eyes a bit on the sparkling side?



"What d-do you want me to tell you?" I stammer.

 

"Tell me everything." 

 

"Nothing happened." Maybe I should play dumb, he might lose interest. That's highly doubted, though.

 

"You’re telling me you gave yourself a hicky?"

 

"Obviously, because I’m a mutant, so I can reach my neck with my mouth." I frown.

 

…is he stupid?

 

"I was being sarcastic, Jongin. Who was it, then?"

 

I shrug, not knowing what to say. I don't want to tell him I’d nearly slept with a guy (I have no idea whether to believe Yixing's little story of ‘just making out’...), but if I lie Taemin just might find out about it later, and then I'll end up even more embarrassed. "Don’t know."

 

"Male or female?"

 

"Dunno, I was too drunk." I figure I should go on with this version, in case Yixing is the type to brag.

 

"Cool," oh, he seems proud of me, "you used protection, right?"

 

"Darn it Hyung, all we did was kiss!"

 

"And how would you know if you were ‘too drunk’?" …oops.

 

"I...uhm... think that’s what we did."

 

"Sure thing. Just admit it already; you’ve let Yixing have his evil way with you. We all know he's got the hots for you."

 

"Uh... what, how'd you know? Did he tell you?" I blurb out and I swear he looks shocked... or something.

 

Wait, Yixing couldn't have possibly told him - he's still at the living room.

 

 …unless the entire house had witnessed us making out.

 

"You did? Oh my god Jonginnie, I'm so proud of you!" now he's grinning like an idiot, I can't believe I fell for this. I'd punch him had I not felt so damn guilty.



"Shut up, umma’s gonna kill me. She made me promise to look after you, I’m sure by that she didn’t mean go ahead, get drunk and make out with a guy you’ve known for a whole of a few hours." why did I tell him this, I dunno. It doesn't make me feel any less guilty.

 

It does, however, make me sound like a retard. Oh well.



"I thought she didn't want to see me anymore." Taemin takes a seat on the edge of the bath tub, looking down, playing with his sea-sickness colored fingernails.

 

He looks so miserable, as though he needs a hug... but I'm still angry. I mean, if it makes him feel so awful, why’d he have to leave in the first place? Why does he keep hurting us, as well as himself?

 

This still doesn't prevent me from taking place next to him, giving him the side-hug he's secretly begging for.
 


"I guess she hasn't given up on you yet. She wants you back home, though."

 

"That's exactly the problem! Why does it have to be so hard? I mean, I like Minho... for all I know, I might even be in love with him. I want to be with Minho. But I love you guys too; I don't want to lose you. Why must you make me choose?" I do hope he's not about to start crying, since dealing with hysterical people is most definitely not one of my fortes.

 

Why did I have to mention mom? Yeah, I know we'd eventually get to this part anyway.

 

"I dunno?" I wait but he doesn't respond. I hate awkward silences.

 

"Hey Kai, you okay in there?" I turn my head to notice Yixing in the door-frame, looking way too concerned.

 

So now he's worried about me, why?

 

Unless we really didn't just make out, and as thankful as I am for him breaking the silence... why does he have to be so damn creepy?!
 



"Yes Yixing Hyung, I'm fine." Okay, I'm not really fine, I feel like I'm gonna be sick again.

 

What if I'm allergic to Yixing?

 

"I was worried about you; you were gone for a pretty long time. Just wanted to make sure you're still alive."

 

"Thanks..?" I half-ask, trying my best to sound casual. Yixing smiles at... Taemin? And Tae smiles back at him, and they both exchange a private glance.

 

Okay, now I'm worried. Why's Yixing being so nice to me?

 

He's either madly in love with me or has somehow burnt my shirt, clearly mistaking it for a pop tart, and is trying to make up for it by up to me… which for some reason sounds much more likely.

 

"Should I leave you guys alone?" Taemin asks, and he’s back to his usual, evil self.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter