Chapter 8

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(In the hospital)

(Kris’s POV)

“Changmin! Is Amber alright?” I asked.

 

I had called for Changmin who is a doctor in this hospital to attend to Amber.

 

“I can’t believe that you actually spoilt my precious rest just because of a simple fever.” Changmin rolled his eyes.

 

“Simple fever? He fainted right in front of me!” Not knowing that I was too worried and for the first time, I actually shouted at Changmin.

 

“Hey! Calm down please, Mr. Wu! She is just too tired that she decided to fall asleep, plus she was having a fever. That is why she fainted!” Changmin raised one of his eyebrows and looked at me in interest.

 

“Stop. You said, ‘SHE’?” I gave a ‘stop’ sign to Changmin.

 

Did he mistook Amber as a girl?

 

“Ya! What’s wrong?”

 

“Amber is a guy!” I said.

 

“BOH?! I’m sure Amber is a girl! I thought she was a guy at first but when I wanted to check her body, I found that she had a bandeau wrapped around her chest. In the end, I had to ask the nurse to dress her in patient outfit so that I can attend to her easily.” Changmin explained.

 

I was completely shocked by Changmin’s words. Amber is a girl? So, that means Amber is actually Josephine right? Why did she lied about her true identity and disguise as a guy and become my secretary?

 

“Hey, Kris! Don’t tell me that you did not notice it at all?” Changmin waved his hand in front of my face to draw me back from deep thoughts.

 

I looked at him expressionless then replied, “Amber lied to me that ‘he’ has a twin sister and I believed him.”

 

“Twin sister? Apparently, in the medical research, it was stated that twin brother and sister has minimal chance of looking a like when they grown up.” Changmin said with his sudden professional tone.

 

‘So, I was cheated.’

 

“But, I was curious. Why did she have to disguise as a guy to become your subordinate? Did you make your company a all guys work place?” Changmin asked as he pushed his glasses that was slightly sliding down from the bridge of his nose.

 

“I was finding a male secretary and Amber was the one that went through the interviews.” I said coldly.

 

‘Did she disguise as a guy to get near me?’ I started to doubt her.

 

“Male secretary?! She actually managed to endure your attitude and overcome the huge amount of work that you gave?” Changmin gave a surprised look.

 

“Is there anything so surprising?”

 

“There is! Come on! Who will be able to handle such a crazy work addict employer like you!”

 

“I shall go in first.” I ignored Changmin and opened the room of the ward where Amber was staying in.

 

‘Is this the reason why Amber didn’t want to tell me that she is having a fever. She is enduring this because she is my personal secretary and it’s her responsibilities to be by my side at all times, especially when there was an important meeting.’ I thought.

 

I walked into the room and sat down on the chair, which was placed beside the bed.

I stared at her face and observed her features carefully.

 

“So, you are a girl… that explains all your weird actions and your skinny body.” I whispered.

 

Josephine, the girl who I had been thinking all day was actually right beside me all along.

 

‘What a fool!’ I laughed at myself. She might have some treacherous intent behind the reason of being my secretary, but I know that I can’t hide the happiness in me when I realized that Amber is Josephine.

 

I stood up and walked to the other end of the room and took out my smart phone and started calling Tao.

 

“Check on Amber thoroughly.” I ordered.

 

“Hey! Do I look like I’m a detective?! And why are you checking on Amber?”

 

“I need the documents by tomorrow!”

 

“! Fine!” Tao hung up my phone as long as he shouted.

I smiled as I turned and looked at Amber who was sleeping soundly on the bed.

 

(Amber’s POV)

I opened up my heavy eyes and what I saw was a pure white ceiling, I then turned my head around and found that I was in a huge room.

 

‘Where am I?’ I looked down at my clothing.

 

Patient’s clothes… I’m at the hospital…

 

HOSPITAL?! I remembered Kris said that he wanted to bring me to the doctor, but we met Ms. Kim when we walked out of the lift. Then, I felt dizzy and fainted…

 

So Kris actually brought me to the hospital.

 

“KRIS BROUGHT ME TO THE HOSPITAL! DID HE…” I shouted when I realized that Kris might have found out my true gender!

 

“Don’t worry, Ms Liu. I did not reveal to Kris.” Suddenly the door was opened and a tall and slim guy who is wearing a pair of spectacles entered the room.

 

Looking at the white robe he was wearing and a sthetoscope hanging around his neck, he should be the doctor.

 

“You are…”

 

“Dr. Shim! You must have certain reason that’s why you disguised as a guy right?” He gave me a smile and then handled me a thermometer.

 

I nodded my head and took my temperature.

 

“Arhh… You are not having a fever now. You can prefer to stay here for one night or go home.” Dr. Shim wrote down my temperature and said.

 

“Oh right, no need to worry about the medical fees. Kris had paid for it.”

 

“Thank you, Dr. Shim! Although I had nothing to do with you, yet you still helped me to keep it a secret. Really thank you!” I gave him a smile and bowed to him.

 

“Er… Nothing…” He gave an awkward smile and then wanting to leave the room.

 

“Oh right. Where is boss?” I asked searching for his figure.

 

“He went back to the office as he had something to attend to.” He said then left the room.

 

(Dr. Shim Changmin’s POV)

-Flashback-

“Don’t reveal that I had found out her true gender.” Kris said.

 

“Why?” I looked at him in confused.

 

“If you tell her, you know what I’m going to do… Furthermore, you had actually saw her body wasn’t it?” He said coldly.

 

Yes, I know what Kris will do. He will make sure I won’t have any holidays and discounts to the nice food in those awesome restaurants.

 

“Hey! It was by accident! It’s not like I saw her body! It’s just the bandeau!”

 

“You should be relieved that you saw only that, if not…” Kris looked at me with a devilish stare that gave me goosebumps all around my body.

* * *

Oh god! Why did Kris wants me to lie about him discovering Amber’s true gender?

 

Now I am experiencing guilt feeling! She actually thanks me for keeping her gender as a secret when Kris had already found out.

 

But, thinking of which, Kris should had been angry and annoyed if he found that he was cheated. However, instead of being angry he was having a good mood.

 

Did he actually fell in love with her before he found out that Amber is a girl? Can’t imagine Kris being a gay… it must be hard for him to control his feeling to a “GUY”. No wonder he is happy that Amber is actually a girl…

 

It must be this reason! Looks like our Kris is finally falling in love and will not be marrying his company.

 

(Amber’s POV)

When I reached home, I saw unnie standing right in front of my door.

 

“Unnie! Why are you here? Why didn’t you call?” I walked towards her and patted her shoulders.

 

“Amber! I thought something bad happened to you! I did call you for numerous of time, but I could not reach you. Did your battery flatten?” Unnie turned me around to check whether I’m all right.

 

I took out my phone and realized that it was shut down. Looks like someone had helped me shut my phone since I’m in the hospital.

 

“Well, looks like the battery of the phone had flatten…” I smiled. I didn’t want unnie to worry about me therefore, decided not to tell unnie that I was hospitalized.

 

“Wait… You smell like you just got out of the hospital. There is a strong smell of medicine. Hey! Did you just go into the hospital?”  Unnie asked with a frown.

 

“Er… I… Unnie, never know that you had a dog’s nose…” I looked down on the ground.

 

“So, you were hospitalized!!” Unnie exclaimed.

 

“I was having a high fever and had fainted in the office.” I said softly.

 

“FAINTED??!!!” Unnie shouted right into my ears.

 

“SHHH!! Unnie! You are too loud!” I covered unnie’s mouth and said.

 

I immediately opened up the door of my apartment and pulled unnie in before she disturbs the neighbours again.

 

“Lucky that Kris sent me to the hospital and I’m alright now.”

 

“Kris sent you to the hospital? That’s very kind of him.” Unnie nodded her head.

 

“Yes! Actually Kris is very caring and observant! If unnie marry Kris, you will definitely be blissful…but…” As I was saying, I recalled that Ms. Kim who was so thick skin that she stick to Kris so closely even though she knew that Kris was engaged.

 

“But?” Unnie looked closely at me.

 

“Recently, there is this girl who kept on pestering Kris even though Kris don’t even seem to be interested with her…” I frowned.

 

I told unnie what I heard from Tao and then asked unnie to go to the party to stop that Ms. Kim.

 

“Party… I don’t think I could go. I don’t even know Ms. Kim! Furthermore, she didn’t even invited me to go…” Unnie said.

 

“What should we do then?” I pouted my lips as I think hard to find a way to let unnie go.

 

“Why not you go for the party and help me stop that ! After all you are the sister of Kris’s secretary and now that his secretary had fallen sick, you as the sister will take over his place to attend the party!” Unnie gave an idea.

 

“Me? Stop Ms. Kim? Unnie, I’m not the one marrying Kris! You should be the one telling that lady off! Furthermore, I do not want to wear a dress there!” I said trying to deny the ideal. I was planning to go with unnie but in a male identity. But now unnie wants me to go there as a female…

Thinking of wearing high heels again made me shiver.

 

“Amber~~~ don’t you want to help your unnie…I will cook you delicious food for the whole month for you if you agree…” Unnie looked at me with her puppy eyes and pleaded me.

 

I sighed. I had always fell for this kind of tricks.

Well, this time round I will agree for the food…

 

“Alright, unnie..” I nodded my head as I gave up.

 

“Kekeke~~~” Unnie started laughing softly.

 

* * *

 

100 subbies! :D 

Thank you so much!!

I'm not quite sure to be happy for Amber for having such a unnie or not. It's a contridicting feeling. HAHA!

Well, for this chapter, I had Changmin from DBSK to cameo as the doctor!! :D

Hope you enjoyed it!!