Chapter 6

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Amber’s POV)

(8am)

 

“A-chooo~” I sneezed as I stepped into the lift. I’m feeling cold even though I had put on extra clothing underneath my suit. I touched my forehead and realized that I was having a fever. I looked at myself through the mirror and I could see that my face looked a little pale.

 

‘Amber Josephine Liu, you got to hold on! You can do it!’ I told myself and stepped out of the lift after it reached my destination.

 

I started my daily routine and then begun to prepare for the upcoming meeting which is very important to the company. After the meeting, I will have to go and see the doctor…

 

“Wow~ Our Amber is really hardworking! I’m glad that I had actually hired you and of course from the day you came, Kris had never complained to me anymore. Thanks to you, there is no noise pollution.” Tao said cheekily as he drank the coffee that I brewed when I reached the office.

 

“With you here, I bet our Kris would not need to marry his fiancée…” Tao continued talking.

 

“Huh? What did you just said?” I was too busy with the file of documents and did not pay attention to what Tao had said.

 

“Hey! Why is your face so pale?” Tao said as he touched my forehead.

 

“I’m just a little dizzy…

 

”You are having a fever! Are you still able to attend the meeting in the afternoon with this situation?”

 

“I’m alright, it’s normal sickness.” I gave a smile and told Tao to not to worry.

 

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Alright, the discussion shall end here.” I closed the file of documents and announced.

 

I could hear the people sitting around the table gave out a sigh of relieve.

 

“The details for the upcoming launching event were well done. Do you know who is the one doing this report?” I asked Tao after the others had left my office.

 

“Of course it’s done by your super secretary who was staring at you through the window.”

I looked directly at the position where Amber’s desk was and met his eyes. He immediately broke off the eye contact and looked down at the stack of document as if nothing had happened.

 

I found myself staring at the flawless and smooth cheeks and realized that he is actually prettier than a girl.

 

‘What am I thinking? Am I treating Amber as if he is Josephine?’ I laughed at my own imaginations.

 

“He does have the skills.” I replied as I drank a sip of the coffee that was placed in front of me. Just that one sip and I could immediately recognized the one who make the coffee.

 

I’m getting too obsessed with Amber’s way of brewing coffee.

 

“He is very hardworking and he has high level of concentration! If he’s not your secretary, I would want him to help me…” Tao said.

 

“Don’t you even think of pulling him to your department!” I stared at Tao to warn him.

 

“I said, ‘IF’.” Tao emphasized the word and laughed.

 

It’s true that Amber is the best candidate for being my secretary. Ever since he came, my life became so much more peaceful as there is no longer any smell of perfume surrounding me…

 

But… his certain actions really look weird to me. From the observations that I had for the past few weeks, I realized that he loved to stare at me. Sometimes, he stared so hard that I thought I did not zip up my pants or I had something on my face.

 

“OPEN THE DOOR! YOU IDIOT!” A loud voice boomed from outside the room. I saw Jessica having an argument with my subordinate.

 

“Let her in.” I said coldly to Tao. I realized my peaceful days had ended to early.

 

Tao nodded his head and open up the door.

 

“Don’t let anyone come in.” I said to Tao before he went out of my office.

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Tao, what is happening inside? Who is that lady?” I asked.

 

After 1 and half months, I finally get to see a lady looking for Kris and the lady looks really angry.

“Her name is Jessica and she is one of the secretary that Kris had hired before you. Out of so many secretaries, she is most unreasonable and a lady who is hard to deal with.”

 

“Why did you say that she is hard to deal with?” I asked Tao as I looked at Kris who was giving a cold face and the lady who was making a fuss.

 

“She’s crazy and she even made paparazzi follow Kris and her on the car so that she is able to go on newspaper and spread scandals. After the seeing the newspaper, Kris fired her immediately. But, Jessica will still come here occasionally to pester Kris and create disturbance to the company.”

 

“Nobody stops her from doing such things?” I frowned, as I looked the beautiful lady. It’s such a waste to her beautiful figure when she acted such ways.

 

“She’s very fierce and if the security guards drag her out, she would report to the police saying that they had ual harassed her. After countless of times, we had decided to let Kris deal with her.” Tao sighed as he looked at Kris in pity.

 

“Boh?” I said as I tightened my fist. How could this be happening, when unnie is going to marry Kris! This thing should be stopped!

 

‘I got to help unnie get rid of this lady!!’ I told myself.

 

“Hey, dude! Why are you going in? Kris said that nobody is allowed to enter!” Tao shouted behind me but I decided to ignore him.

 

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Why are you here again.” I stared coldly at Jessica.

 

“Recently, the media had been pestering me over the fact that you were engaged with the Song’s family only daughter and were asking what will happen to me when I am still your girlfriend.” Jessica folded her arms right in front of her chest and said.

 

“It’s just a few photos of us on a car and held on to my secretary place for less than two weeks, you considered yourself as my girlfriend?” I smirked.

 

“I knew that you are interested with me! I tolerated your cold and careless attitude towards me earlier on because I knew that it’s your normal attitude, but now you even engaged to another lady. Had you ever thought of my feelings!” She pointed her index finger at me and shouted angrily.

 

I looked at her and sneered, then walked towards the drawer and took out some documents.

 

“I should be the one saying your lines. I had tolerated you for more than enough times! If it wasn’t that I tried to understand your mental illness, I wouldn’t have let you step into my company and create nuisance.”

 

“YOU CHECKED ON ME!” Her faced turned pale as she shouted.

 

“I HAVE NO ILLNESS! THERE WERE ALL FAKED!”

 

“This my last warning to you, if you ever showed up in front of me, I will definitely file a law suit on you.” I said coldly.

 

“You… HOW DARE YOU…” Her body was trembling in anger and I saw her took out a small bottle of liquid.

 

“I was so in love with you, yet you said such things to me! I will never forgive you!!” She said as she gave me a glare and opened up the cap of the bottle wanting to splash the transparent liquid towards my direction.

 

“Careful!!” Out of sudden, Amber rushed right in front of me and opened up his arms.

 

‘This idiot! Why is he here!’

 

I looked at Amber in shocked and immediately used the document that I was holding on to cover his face and then embosomed him.

 

The documents were then scattered on the floor, as I smelled a smell of scorching. For just one second, the hard work that the company had done was destroyed.

 

“Boss…” I could feel that Amber was cringing against my chest in fear.

 

The security immediately burst into the room and got hold of Jessica, attending to pull her out.

 

(Amber’s POV)

‘Sulphuric acid!’ I looked at the empty bottle and the burnt documents on the floor in shock.

 

This woman is crazy!! When did she have sulphuric acid and even brought it into the company and meet Kris? Looks like she had planned this all along.

 

“LET ME GO! LET ME GO!!” The lady shouted as she glared at Kris.

 

“I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, KRIS!” The noise disappeared gradually as the security guards dragged her out.

 

“Hooo… for that one moment, I thought that my face would be disfigured.” I gave out sigh of relieve. Thank god!

 

“Are you alright?” A soft voice runs into my ears as I felt Kris hot breath blowing right on top of my head.

 

I immediately looked up at that sudden enlarged face of Kris. I had never been so close to any guys. The arm that was wrapped around her waist was so strong and warm that she does not want to leave the hug…

 

I wanted to protect him at first, but Kris protected me in the end…

 

Thinking of which, my face immediately turned red

 

“I… I’m alright… not to worry…” I said as I looked onto the ground.

 

“Are you crazy?! Didn’t I say that nobody is allowed to come into the room? Didn’t you know that it is dangerous!” Kris shouted at me suddenly, which made me tremble.

 

“Sorry… Boss…” I whispered with my eyes looking downwards not daring enough to looked at Kris.

 

“Sorry?! Don’t you understand Chinese? What are you thinking? Did you know that your pretty face might be disfigured by that acid?!” He pointed his index finger on my forehead and asked

 

“Pr-pretty face?” That description sounds wrong for a guy…

 

“Kris! Don’t be so angry and fierce. Amber is just worrying for you. Most importantly, the two of you were safe.” Tao said.

 

‘Thank god! I love you, Tao! You had safe me from Kris angry stare!’

 

I immediately looked up at Tao who was standing at the door with appreciation.

 

“Correct! I won’t do that again!” I nodded my head continuously.

 

“There is ‘NO AGAIN’!” Kris emphasized the words.

 

I nodded once again and jumped away from Kris.

 

“Tao, help me clear off the rumours of Jessica as my girlfriend. I want the whole world to know her illness!” Kris said coldly as he stared at the documents that were destroyed.

 

‘All my hard work were gone…’ I stared blankly at those reports.

 

I realized that my head was spinning and I almost lose balance. Lucky that, there is a table beside me, if not I won’t be able to hold myself.

I tried to hide my pale face from Kris and told myself to get a Panadol before the important meeting later on.

But… for now, I got to clear the mess in Kris office… 

 

* * *

 

Hi readers!

I got to update again since Chapter 6 was lost when AFF was having their maintainence. 

And... I lost some of my subscribers and even wallpost!... :(

Hope those who subscibed to this story during this week or last week would be able to find it again! :D