Chapter 15

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

Second update!! 

I bet you guys must be really happy! HAHA!! 

Anyway, do enjoy k? Because, next update will be on coming Saturday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Amber’s POV)

“Kris… today I just found something new about you!” Tao leaned against the wall and said.

 

“What?” Kris replied.

 

“I never know that you are actually interested with having office-love!” Tao said in surprise.

 

“Office-love?” I repeated his words.

 

“Ya! Come on, I bet Kris had something bad he want to do in mind therefore he… sorry, I have something important to do. So, I shall leave the space for both of you! Hehe!’ Tao gave a fake laugh as Kris was giving him an angry stare right straight into his eyes and then disappeared from the room.

I looked at Kris who was already sitting at his working table and I was still thinking whether to sit or not, Tao came in again.

 

“Er… sorry to disturb again. I just want to congrats the both of you for getting married. Hehe!”

 

“Sit down.” Kris ordered me.

 

“Yes, boss!” I immediately sat down at my working space and started acting busy. Now that the office left with the two of us, I got to try to avoid meeting his eyes. By doing so, I have to be busy!

 

“There is nothing on the table and you seem to be very busy...” Kris asked.

I could sense his hot staring from him which made me feel uneasy.

I immediately stopped searching for something to do and looked up him, but immediately looked down after meeting his eyes.

 

“Er… I was checking if there is anything missing…” I said softly.

 

“Organize those documents and file in for me.” He placed piles of files on my table.

 

“Yes, boss!” I nodded my head.

 

"Call me, Kris.” He said.

 

“But, we are in the office and I am your secretary. It’s wrong to call you by name… Respect is a-“ I started to blurb out all sort of excuses but Kris cut me off.

 

“Call me, Kris.” He repeated.

 

“But…” I can’t…

 

“We are married, so don’t call me boss.” He explained.

I bit my bottom lip and finally called his name softly, “K-kris…”

 

“Good. Now, continue with your work.” He smiled and nodded his head.

 

(Kris’s POV)

Do you think I would let you call me ‘Boss’?

Forcing you to call me by name is the first step for drawing our distance closer.

But, of course I have to find some ways to stop her from hiding from me.

 

When I looked up at her and was expecting to see Amber burying her head with all those documents, what I saw were ring files opened up half way and was standing right upwards creating a barrier in front of Amber and me. These files had blocked my view from looking at her.

 

What is she trying to do?

Trying to hide from me?!

 

I shouldn’t have given her so many files at one go that she was able to “think out of box” and create a barrier to separate my viewing pleasure.

I immediately took away all the files that was surrounding Amber’s table and stared at her with an eyebrow raised.

She looked up to me in shock and asked innocently, “Do you need any help, Boss? I mean Kris…”

 

Looking at her puppy eyes, all those scolding words I wanted to say immediately went back down to my stomach. I looked at what she was doing and saw the documents she was holding on were all opposite from her.

 

“Are you sure you can read this way?” I pointed at those documents.

 

She looked down at her documents and immediately turned those documents around.

 

“Ha..Ha.. I was trying to practice how to read opposite… Ha,,, Ha,,,” She gave me fake smile and started acting busy again.

I shook my head and started to question whether was it right to have her work in front of me.

* * *

(1 month later)

(Amber’s POV)

“Kris, please sign this column and on bottom right hand side of the paper.” I walked into Kris office and handled the documents to him.

However, instead of signing those documents, he was staring real hard at me. Every time, I entered the room he would definitely stare at me for quite a few seconds.

I’m glad that Kris finally moved my working space back to my usual working space, if not I really couldn't concentrate with his passionate long staring at my actions.

I decided to pretend that I did not notice his stare and looked around the huge and clean office. Then I heard the sound of the friction between pen and paper from the silent atmosphere.

Looked like he had finally stopped staring at me…

I turned my head slightly at him and peaked at his handsome face. He is such a perfect man with intelligent head and handsome looks. His thin lips, which often landed on my lips while I was pretending to be asleep beside him was actually soft and gentle.

Why did unnie ran away from such perfect man and why am I slowly falling deeply in love with someone I’m not supposed to be with?

 

“EH~~~ Our Amber is here too?” Suddenly, Tao’s over reacting voice broke my day dreaming and I immediately took the documents that Kris had signed and ran out of the office.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“What are you doing here?” I stared at Tao coldly as I saw Amber running off like a frightened rabbit which almost got caught by the wolf.

 

“So sorry for ending your sweet moment with your Amber, but these documents are important and are needed to be checked by you ASAP.” Tao handled me another pile of documents and then sat in front of me with his coffee on his left hand.

He does looks like he is enjoying his life right now.

 

“This is so magical~~” Tao started his daily dramatic routine again.

 

“Magical??” I raised an eyebrow and asked.

 

“Kris, your existence is just like a legend. You see, your life is just like a drama… you are rich, handsome and charismatic, but you don’t seem to care for those ladies who stick onto you. When I thought that you might only be interested with this company, Amber came to your life like an angel and stole your heart. She even disguised as a guy to work beside you and afterwards, the both of you got married! THIS IS FATE!” Tao stood up and talked like he was acting in the opera.

 

“Shut up.” I stood up and landed piles of files and documents that I had checked on Tao’s hands to stop him from being so dramatic.

 

“Less words, more works!” I said.

 

“HUH~~~ that’s a lot! I might die now.” Tao gave me a bitter face.

 

“I’m not stopping you.” I said coldly and went back to my seat.

 

Thinking of how Amber had ran out just, I’m already had a lot of complains therefore, I really do not have much time to listen to the nonsense that Tao had came out with.

This woman…

We had already been married for one month and she is still insisting in following the rule that she had came out with when we married. I had already tried my best to stick onto her but she would never go home with me after work and will definitely go out for work before me!

She treated me so much more politely than any other strangers! I really wanted to be angry and to make sure I shake off those unnecessary thoughts she had in her head, but whenever she stared at me with her innocent puppy eyes, all those complains and angers immediately melted away.

 

“Tao…” I called out lifelessly.

 

“Ya?”

 

“Is my charisma getting really low?” I asked randomly.

 

“PUFFHAHAHAHAHA!!! Our Kris is questioning about his charisma? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Tao laughed like nobody business except he did not roll himself like a spring roll on the carpet.

 

I stared at him and asked, “Is it that funny?”

 

“Hmm… sorry for that. But, seriously, are you kidding me? Didn’t you see how Ms. Kim sticks onto you just like super glue? What about Jessica who loved you until she wished that you could die. If this is not because of your high charisma and I really don’t know what else it was.”

‘Then why is my wife not falling in love with me.’ I almost said that out loud.

 

“You… are you having problems with Amber? Like on the bed…” Tao asked with his eyes staring at me in ambiguous.

 

“Nonsense!” I said immediately… I’m definitely a normal man but I could not disagree with Tao as there is a problem between Amber and me… which I couldn’t even solve!

 

‘Ring~~’

The phone in my office rang and I pressed the loudspeaker.

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“Ms Kim is in the guest room waiting for you.” Amber’s voice spread around the office.

 

“Why is she doing here? I don’t remember I had an appointment with her.” I frowned.

 

But, wait… why is Amber’s voice sound so weird?

 

“I’m not sure…Maybe you had forgotten.” Amber replied with a polite tone and she sounded as if she forced herself to calm down.

Did I heard it wrongly?

 

“There is no other appointments and work to be done. I shall go home first! I hope that the two of you will have an enjoyable night.”

 

“Hello? Hey!” Before I even wanted to say something, the phone was cut off and she ended the conversation.

Enjoyable night?! What is she talking about? I bet her head must be thinking something else now!

 

“Hor~~~ Kris… Are you trying to have an affair? But, if you want to… you should have done it when Amber is not here!” Tao shook his head and looked at me with a ‘You’re so dead!’ face.

 

“Shut your mouth! Go and finish your work now!” I shouted.