Chapter 4

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

(Amber’s POV)

“So… he is the one that will be working for our boss?”

“I think so. I heard that he actually survived through the interview and test.”

“Really?”

 

People were staring and pointing at me as I walked through the building.

 

“Stay right here for a moment, while I go and get Mr. Wu!” The lady who led me to the CEO’s room said with a wide smile.

 

“Okay!” I nodded.

 

I can’t believe I had actually made it through rounds of interview and nobody had actually recognized my gender! Am I lucky or is it because I looked totally like a guy now?

I looked down on my tailored navy blue suit and the tie I was wearing. Hopefully, my spectacles can hide my true identity and prevent Kris from recognizing me! My heart was beating real fast and my palms were sweating as I walked around the room.

 

“From now on, I will be a man… I’m a man… I’m a man…” I closed my eyes and told myself.

 

I remembered that unnie actually said that if I repeat this for few more times, I could be mesmerized!

 

“I’m a man… I’m a man…” I continued to tell myself.

 

As I finally calmed down and turned myself around, what I saw was Tao trying to control his laughter and Kris who looked totally stunned.

 

! Did they just hear what I said? It must be the good quality of the carpet, therefore I didn’t even hear any footsteps!

 

I could feel my cheeks turning red and hot as I looked at them.

‘Can I just dig a hole and hide myself in there?’ I frowned.

 

“Can you please stop laughing, Tao.” Kris stared at Tao who had failed to control his laughter.

 

(Kris’s POV)

After ordering Tao to stop his laughter, I turned and looked at the person who was standing right in front of me. So, he is my new secretary?

 

“Your name is… Amber?” I looked at the application form that Tao had handled to me earlier on.

 

“Yes.” He answered.

 

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at my new secretary. His name sounded a bit too girlish and he is way too short for a guy! Furthermore, he even talked to himself before we came in.

 

WEIRD!

 

‘Is he really my future secretary?’ I questioned myself again as I looked at him from head to toe.

 

“You…” But, he does remind me of someone… He looks so familiar!

 

“Me?” He stared at me with his big eyes.

 

Right! He looks like Josephine! That girl who climbed onto the barrier!

 

“Do you have a twin sister?” I asked.

 

“S-sister?” She looked at me in surprise.

 

“Oh, right, Kris! Now then I realized that this guy actually looks like Josephine! No wonder I found him so familiar!” Tao suddenly cut into our conversation.

 

“Shut up, Tao!” I glared at Tao again to warn him not to cut in so abruptly.

 

(Amber’s POV)

I looked at Kris who was staring at Tao, and then I realized that Kris actually recognized my face but not my true gender! Just for that one moment, I thought that Kris had found out my identity and I almost wanted to apologize to him immediately.

 

‘I’m lucky that I had actually held on. If not, I would be confessing everything without any duress.’ I gave a small sigh of relieve.

 

“It’s true that I do have a twin sister. But, I was separated from her ever since I was young, as our parents had divorced.” I lied.

 

“And, we seldom contact each other…” I continued.

 

“Ahhh… I see…” Kris nodded his head.

 

“Did my sister did something wrong?” I asked carefully.

 

“Kris got interested with your sister anyway.” Tao said cheekily.

 

“Nobody will think that you are mute even if you keep quiet! So, shut up!” Kris gave another angry glare at Tao.

 

“Are you sure you can handle the work here?” Kris reassured with me.

 

“No problem! Mr. Wu!” I said confidently.

I know that it might be hard to handle, but for the sake of unnie’s future, I got to stay as long as I could to spy on future brother-in-law!

* * *

For the rest of the month, I had tried my best to familiarize with the whole company and how it operates. But, most importantly to observe deeply on Kris’s habits, hobbies and his personalities! I am always the first to reach the office at 8:00 in the morning to make two cups of coffee. At first, I was only suppose to make for Kris since he is my BOSS, but later on Tao kept pestering me to make him one too.

Through observations, I found that Kris doesn’t like sweet stuff, therefore the coffee was often without sugar or just half packet of it. While, Tao on the other hand love them a lot and often adds three packets of sugar at once.

 

“I’m sure you are going to get diabetes soon!” Kris stared at Tao who was adding packets of sugar continuously into the coffee.

 

As I was making the two cups of coffee, the scenario pops into my mind. I could see that Kris actually cared a lot towards Tao, even though he often gave him an angry stare or annoyed look.

I placed the two cups of coffee on each of their office room and placed those reports and files that I had arranged last night onto Kris’s table.

 

At 9:00 am sharp, Kris walked into the office and started to prepare for the upcoming meetings, which I need to attend as well.

Each of us will get back to our work after 10:00 am.

 

At 11:00 am, I will have to get Kris his lunch.

 

“May I know what you usually eat for your meals?” I held on to a notebook and get ready to note down Kris’s words.

 

“Anything not too oily.” He said without looking at me.

 

‘He is hardworking!’ I thought as I observed him closely.

 

“Our Kris is very conscious about his health!” Tao said as he lay on the large sofa that was placed at the corner of the office.

 

Kris immediately looked up and glared at Tao. “Looks like you have nothing to do? I think I got to cancel off your bonus for this month!”

 

“AH! NO WAY! I am busy!” Tao immediately leave the room.

 

I laughed at Tao’s actions and then, caught Kris staring at me.

 

“I will go get your meal now.” I said as I tried not to look into those captivating eyes and then immediately leave the room.

 

Even though my intention was to spy on Kris, but I enjoyed working in the company.

Due to my “intensive” observations of Kris, within a month the people in the company had given me a nickname, ‘Super secretary (Since, I understands Kris better than previous secretaries

 

 

* * *

 

50 subbiesThank you so much for your support!! :D 'Saranghae' <3

For those who subscribed to 'White Clover!' I will be going on hiatus since my internship is starting on next monday and my proof reader will be busy as well. So I would be posting one last chapter before I go on hiatus. While for 'Male Secretary', I will still continue as usual but you got to be patient with my updates!

So sorry guys!