Chapter 11

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Very little? With your pretty face, I bet there are a lot of guys would be glad to take care of you…” Kris said in disbelief.

 

‘Including you?’ I thought but I dare not said it out loud.

 

“That’s because someone forced me to dress this way… Normally, I don’t look like this…”

 

‘I looked like a tomboy…’ After finishing my sentence I said this in my heart.

 

“Then, normally you looked like?” He asked with his eyes staring into mine.

 

My heart was beating fast.

‘When did Kris became so curious about certain thing?’

 

“Hmmm… Just not as feminine…” I said with a tiny voice.

 

“I see… I realized that when I first met you…” Kris said with a smile.

 

“Er… Please forget about that…” I immediately blushed after he mentioned how careless I was during Luhan’s party.

 

“Actually, Kris… I thought that you were someone who is cold and does not speak much…” I said.

 

“Really? So what do you feel about me now?”

 

“You are… hardworking… caring and a gentleman…” I replied as I recalled all those times while working for him.

 

“This is only our second time meeting and you managed to understands me?” He asked.

 

“Er…” ! I was totally absorbed to his gentle voice that I forgot to hide that I’m Josephine and not Amber now.

 

“I had heard it from my brother, furthermore, you had been really kind and caring just now…” I tried to think of something to patch up what I had said.

 

(Kris’s POV)

Looking at how she got nervous and trying hard to explain, it really made me wants to laugh, but I decided to control myself well.

 

‘So this is what she really thought of me as…’ I’m satisfied with her reply. 

 

“I-“ When I was about to say something, an annoying voice stopped me from doing so.

 

“Mr Wu~~ I had been searching for everywhere and you are actually here…” As Ms Kim ran towards us and grabbed onto my arm, her eyes were laid upon Amber and I could see hostility from her eyes.

 

“What is it? Can’t you see I was talking to her?” I frowned as I got her hands off my arm.

 

The hands were no longer grabbing onto my arm but her face suddenly came closer to me that took out my whole sight.

 

“You can only look at me and talk to me!” Ms Kim said like a boss and wanting to pull me along.

I wanted to reach out for Amber but I realized she was no longer sitting at the same spot.

 

I started searching for her figure and found that she was already walking towards the dark and was about to leave the place. She was walking with bare feet. She looked exactly like a butterfly without a wing because of sprained ankle.

 

Helpless and sad but still insist of depending on herself…

 

I wanted to chase after her but this time Ms Kim looked really insisting in wanting me to stay with her…

Her eyes were telling me that if I do not stay, I might lose this collaboration with their company.

 

“Mr Wu~~ what are you looking at?” She asked as she leaned against me with her chest touching mine.

 

‘Trying to seduce me?’ I raised an eyebrow and stared coldly at her, but she doesn’t seem to take notice of my expression.

 

Looks like I could only get rid of this people by getting married!

‘I shall talk to the Song’s family soon…’ I told myself as I stared at the dark area where Amber disappeared.

 

(Amber’s POV)

As long as I heard Ms Kim voice from far, I immediately felt like as if there is a wet blanket covering me.

 

I can’t believe girls can actually produce such annoying voice. However, because of this, I had come to realize that compared to unnie and the other ladies that surrounded Kris, I am just nobody.

 

Trying to endure the pain from my ankle, I tried my very best to leave the place for the two of them.

 

I’m not rich and I’m not as feminine and pretty as the other ladies, how could I be compared to them…

Wait! What am I thinking? Why am I feeling sad when I saw Ms Kim getting so close to Kris?!

 

He is unnie’s future husband! How could I feel this way!

Remember, I’m supposed to stop Ms Kim from getting close to Kris, but instead of stopping I’m actually the one getting real close to Kris!!

 

How could I? Did I just betrayed unnie?!!

No, no! I’m just touched by Kris actions. I did not fall for Kris.

 

‘I DID NOT!’ I told myself.

 

I kept on shaking my head as I walked but stopped my pace when I heard chuckles from my right suddenly.

 

“If you keep on shaking your head non-stop, I bet it’s gonna get loose soon.” The figure walks towards me and I immediately widened my eyes.

 

“Tao?!” I exclaimed.

 

Why is he here all alone?

 

“Why are you staring at me non-stop? Is it because I’m too handsome?!” Tao joked as usual.

 

“Yea, right!” I said sarcastically. 

 

“Why are you here?” I asked.

 

“My hobby was to stroll down the beach all ALONE… but, apparently there is no beach here, so I decided to stroll along the road ALONE.” Tao said with an emphasis on the word, ‘alone’.

 

Weird… Never know that Tao is actually a loner… I thought he just LOVE sweet stuff a lot and to tease on Kris.

 

“What happened to your leg?” He suddenly asked.

 

“I sprained my ankle… “ I replied awkwardly as I knew that I was bare feet and my ankle was swollen until it looks totally ugly.

 

“Then you got to go and see the doctor!” Tao frowned.

 

“I am going to…”

 

“I will bring you to the doctor!” Tao said as he came forward and lend me his hand.

 

“Er… thank you…” I said as I grabbed onto Tao’s arm and followed him.

 

* * *

(Shim Changmin’s POV)

“Not again… What happened to both Kris and you! My job was not ment to attend such simple task and you disturbed my already planned buffet dinner for this!” I folded my arms and looked at Tao who was in my office with Amber.

 

But, why is Amber in a dress this time?

 

Tao came towards me and dragged me to one corner.

“Hyung! I’m so sorry! Kris called me to bring Amber here.” Tao explained.

 

“Mind telling me why is his secretary dressing like a female now? Don’t tell me she found out that, Kris and you had already knew her secret?” Then I had been wasting my guilt feelings!

 

“No. She attended Ms Kim’s birthday party as Amber’s twin sister.”

 

“Ahh… Never know that she could be so pretty in a dress.” I nodded as I peaked on Amber who was sitting on a chair that was in my office.

 

“So, hyung… can you attend to her now?”

 

“Alright… “ I sighed and walked towards Amber.

 

(Tao’s POV)

“Josephine, I will wait for you outside.” I said as I opened the door and left the office.

 

I took out my cellphone and started calling Kris.

 

“Kris, I had brought Amber to see hyung. So how is the situation there with Ms Kim?” I asked cheekily.

 

“Do you want to come and attend to her?” Kris asked with his normal icy cold voice.

 

Orh oh... Our Kris is getting really annoyed and angry…

 

“No way! Ms Kim might be beautiful but I really can’t stand her voice. I shall better stay by Amber’s side. At least I feel comfortable with her.” I said purposely.

 

“Don’t get too close to her.” Kris voice immediately dropped to minus zero Celsius.

 

“Hahaha!! Kris, now I know how to get my revenge!!” I started laughing.

Who tells him to always order me to do something that is not in my job scope!

 

“Cancel all my meetings tomorrow and help me meet an appointment with the Song’s family.” Kris said with his usual ordering tone.

 

The happiness of getting revenge immediately fell as soon as he started ordering me to do stuff. But, at least he did say ‘Help me’.

 

I shook my head and replied, “Why do you want to meet the Song’s family?”

 

“Just do exactly what I said.” As usual, he always replied me this when I asked him a question about his weird actions.

 

“I really wanted to say, ‘ You’!” I replied.

 

“You had already said and I'm not interested in homouality.”

 

“Alright! I’m waving white flag now! BYE!” I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone.

 

“Why did you say vulgarities?” Suddenly, the door was opened and Amber asked while walking out of the room with her foot on bandage.

 

“Someone just pissed me off.” I smiled.

 

* * *

 

Yo!! 

First of all, I apologized for using vulgarities. Haha!

Tao just can't stand Kris anymore! Poor him! He is always bullied by our mighty Kris.

So, what do you think about this chapter? Do comment k?! :D