Chapter 16

I'm Married to a Girl?!

But the smirk he’s wearing changed to a sad smile. “She looks so happy with that girl. She’s better off with her”

 

Yunho noticed Jaejoong’s expression and rolled his eyes. He has always hated how Jaejoong loves Yuri so much. It has been many years but he still won’t move on. He doesn’t understand people like that. Why waste their life for some petty love?

 

But a best friend’s got to do what a best friend’s got to do.

 

After chewing down the last bit of his sandwich, he crept up behind Jaejoong and peeked over his shoulders to see what he’s looking at.

 

Yuri is lying on Jessica’s lap as the latter gently comb her hair with her hand, while they have a chat with their friends. One of Yuri’s hands stay on her tummy, the other holding Jessica’s free hand. But as she talk and move her hand along, she still won’t let go. It is like they are subconsciously attracted to each other.

 

“Someone here is jealous~” he teased.

 

Jaejoong, startled at how close he has gotten, stumbled forward, but quickly recovered. He fixed his hair before getting back at his hyung. “Don’t say that baby” he put his hand on Yunho’s cheek, caressing it “You know I only have my eyes set on you”

 

Yunho slapped his hand away, and groaned in disgust “Don’t say that, man! That’s disgusting”

 

“Hehe. Just kidding, of course” he went to their cottage, and grabbed a glass of juice “So… want to go somewhere else and grab some ladies?”

 

“When did I ever say no to that?”

 

----------

Seohyun and Yoona went back to their room for Yoona to have a rest, leaving their sunbaes at the poolside. But even if they are in a resort, no one has really changed to their swimsuits, much to Taeyeon’s dismay.

 

“Hey guys, we are in a resort, don’t you want to go swimming?” she pointed out.

 

“Yeah. Taeyeon’s right. I’m getting bored here” Yuri also said. She removed herself from Jessica and sat up “What do you think, Sica?” she asked but not without tucking Jessica’s hair behind her ear, causing another blushing fit from her.

 

“I- uhmm- y-yeah”

 

“Guys, I’m leaving for a while. I’ll be right back” Sunny suddenly informed after standing up and keeping her phone.

“Oh. We’ll see you later I guess” Yuri said.

Before Sunny could leave, she felt a hand on her wrist, stopping her from going away. She looked behind her to see Sooyoung “Yeah?”

“Can I come with you?” she asked, smiling suspiciously.

“Uhmm, I’m not really going to a playground”

“That’s okay” she insisted “Pleaseee~~” she clasped her hands together and pouted, acting cutely.

“Disturbing” Sooyoung shot her a look “But fine. If you insist”

Sooyoung cleared , ignoring what Sunny said about her aegyo “Let’s go”

And the two left.

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri and Jessica are the only ones left.

“Don’t you want to go to the restroom and change?” Tiffany said.

“Yeah. That’s a very good idea” Taeyeon smiled evilly at her inappropriate thoughts.

Before they entered though, Jessica blocked the door with her arms “Kwon Yuri. Change in the men’s restroom”

“What?! Why would I do that?!”

“B-because!” she put her arms on her sides “I… don’t want you to see me” she said in a much gentler voice, almost like a whisper. She lowered her head in embarrassment.

“But Sica-ah, so what if Yuri sees you? It’s not like she hasn’t before” Taeyeon asked.

“Y-yeah Sica. But if you really want, I promise I’ll close my eyes. Even if you say we’re the only ones here, using the men’s room is just- Eeh!”

“But I don’t trust you. You’ll peek”

“What do you think I am? I’m not like Taengoo here”

“Hey!”

When Jessica still did not respond, Yuri took the initiative “But if you really want, I guess it’s alright. Anything for you Sica baby”

Jessica covered her face with her hands, though she’s feeling guilty, she still can’t help but be shy over Yuri’s choice of words.

“Hey Taengoo-ahhh~” Tiffany called.

“Yes Tiffany?”

 

“You’ll go with Yuri-ssi” she said, or more like ordered, with her cute eyesmile.

 

“Ahaha. W-why?”

 

“Coz you’re a ert”

 

“Eek! O…kay…” patting Yuri’s shoulder, she signaled for them to leave. “She said it so bluntly. Tiffany’s a scary girl!” she whispered.

 

“No way! My Jessica is way scarier!”

 

“They are best friends after all” but once they arrived at their hell of a destination

 

“Looks like we’ll have to hold our breath for a while”

 

----------

 

“That, was childish Jessi” Jessica stopped on her tracks at her best friend’s comment. Maybe it is true. Maybe it was childish. But Jessica can’t help it. Yuri is strange. And this Yuri is rubbing her strangeness to Jessica, that she is doing things she wouldn’t really do before.

 

“Steph” she started and held onto Tiffany’s shoulders “I have a confession to make”

 

----------

 

Seohyun, thinking it was her fault that Yoona passed out, patiently looked after her. But said girl showed no signs of waking up at all, except for when Seohyun carried her there. The younger girl was so sure that Yoona’s face changed its color, or maybe it’s just her.

 

“Unnie, please wake up”

 

 

Receiving no responses, she sighed in disappointment. Looking out the window, she wonders how the others are doing. They didn’t even bother to go with her and Yoona to the rest house. Sometimes she wonders if they even care at all. She can’t possibly be just over reacting, seeing that lump on Yoona’s forehead that ruins her gorgeous face.

 

“What should I do?” she whined.

 

Yoona actually has been awake the whole time. She opened an eye to peek at Seohyun. She’s thinking of waking up now, since her plan of being alone with her has worked. But an idea came to mind. ‘Kiss her~’ she said, but closed her eyes as soon as Seohyun turned to look at her.

 

“What was that?” after calming down, she focused her attention to the window once more.

 

‘To wake up sleeping beauty, you know what to do, right?’

 

“Ehr, no I don’t” she lied, almost to herself “Are you my conscience? I had no idea up until now that I am capable of thinking such things”

 

‘Why… yes. Yes, I am Juhyun’

 

This is getting to Seohyun. She faced Yoona again. Fortunately for Yoona, she’s buying it, for she is starting to lean in. Why is maknae so innocent?

 

They are merely centimeters away from each other, and Seohyun is about to close her eyes, but she noticed something at the corner of her eyes.

 

“OMG! Yoona unnie’s arms are trembling!” she exclaimed as she cover with a hand.

 

Curse Yoona’s bad luck. Why does she have to get so nervous as to tremble like that?

 

She decided to stop the act as she is feeling guilty at how scared Seohyun is getting.

 

She slowly opened her eyes. And blinked a few times.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You okay now?”

 

“Yes. Unfortunately”

 

----------

 

“So, you actually own that limousine?” Sooyoung asked in disbelief. She is following Sunny to wherever she is going. And it was a restaurant.

 

“Yep. I’m surprised no one noticed at all”

 

“Haha. Yeah” they entered the resto and found themselves a table. Sooyoung rashly took the menu “I’ll have this, this, this and this. Oh, and this also” she told the waiter. Though the waiter was surprised, he bowed politely and made his leave, assuming that the tall girl’s orders are for her and Sunny.

 

“Wow. That was a lot”

 

“Of course. I’ll take advantage of your kindness for now” she said and smiled, happy just thinking about the foods she’ll be eating.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“You’re gonna pay for this, right? Since you brought me here and all. Besides, you look r-”

 

“Haha. I didn’t say anything about treating you. And you were the one who came along” Sooyoung’s happy mood abruptly changes, how could she get her way through this girl?

 

“Oh come on. If I stay there, I’ll be out of place with those lovebirds around”

 

Sunny stared at her for a while, and sighed in defeat “Fine”

 

“Yehey~!”

 

“You have not changed at all”

 

“Come again?”

 

“About your shikshin ways”

 

“Excuse me. At least I am growing”

 

Sunny scoffed at her “Well, I guess I won’t be treating you”

 

“Omo!” she took Sunny’s hands in hers over the table, surprising her “Sorry~”

 

“ You are so shameless” she remarked before taking her hands away from the giant.

 

“Fu fu~”

 

Sunny’s gaze went past Sooyoung and so she turned around to see an old man around his 50s entered the restaurant.

“Sooyoung-ssi, I’ll be leaving you here. Just eat all you want”

“My pleasure”

 

----------

 

Tiffany, Yuri, Taeyeon and Jessica are returning to their cottage near the pool. Walking beside Tiffany, Jessica’s pace gradually became slower. She went behind Yuri and grabbed her away. Taeyeon and Tiffany did not seem to notice and went on walking. Then the space between them lessen, in less than seconds they are beside each other and chatting.

 

“Oh. Jessica”

 

“Yuri. I told Tiffany”

 

“Told her what?”

 

“That… about us. That we aren’t really married and all”

 

“Oh! How did she take it?”

 

“Hopefully, she believed me” Jessica heaved a sigh. Yuri noticing her discomfort decided to lift the mood.

 

“If it’s Tiffany, I’m sure she’ll believe you. Now come on, they’re waiting for us” she pulled Jessica along, but she won’t budge.

 

“What if she thinks I’m crazy? She’s the only one I have left”

 

“I’m here stupid. I’m your other half, remember?” Yuri expertly swept Jessica off the floor earning a dolphin-like scream that will damage any nearby spectator.

 

Yuri carrying Jessica bridal-style was hit by her continuously “Let me down now!” she said half-heartedly, the truth is she finds Yuri carrying her comfy. She will never admit that though.

 

“S-sorry! I thought it’s okay with you”

 

But when Yuri was about to put her down, Jessica did not fail to complain again “No, no, no. I’ll let you. FOR NOW” Yuri chuckled at her reaction. Although Jessica confuses her at times, it is fun. Moments with her are always unforgettable.

 

Hopefully, it will last forever.

 

*******************

A/N Whew, this chapter is longer than the others XD

I hope I could keep up with this :3

(poor Sica and Sooyoung looks sick :( )