Chapter 12

I'm Married to a Girl?!

Jessica is sleeping in the couch while Tiffany is in the kitchen preparing the lunch. She was planning on taking this time as an opportunity to practice but Tiffany offered to help her. She immediately agrees and dozed off. She’s shameless like that.

 

Tiffany finished, and went to the living room where Jessica is. She sat at the armrest where the blonde’s head is near. She watched her sleep peacefully; all her sorrows and problems seem to vanish.

 

Jessica moved slightly, murmuring something. Her bangs covered a part of her face. Tiffany reached out and moved it; showing once again Jessica’s beautiful face. She smiled at her success.

 

Seeing Jessica like that, Tiffany can’t help but touch her. Starting from her chin, she traced downward to her cheek, then pinched it. Good thing Jessica is a deep sleeper, or else she’ll get another nagging from her best friend. Tiffany could only giggle at the thought, she didn’t notice a door swung open, and closed.

 

“Ahem”

 

“Oh Taeyeon-ssi. Didn’t notice you” Tiffany rose to her feet and approached the shorter girl.

 

“Just Taeyeon. I don’t like those formalities and all”

 

“O…kay. If you want, Taeyeon-ah” she smiled innocently, ticking off Taeyeon.

 

“Tch. Whatever” she turned the television on, and threw herself at another smaller couch. The news is on; she decided to change the channel and searched for the remote control

 

There it was, on top of the tv stand. But it looks like it is too high for her to reach. She bit her lip in frustration. She looked around, searching for any sign of the eye-smile goddess, and to her luck, she is nowhere to be seen. She took this as a chance and stood up to try and reach for the remote control, but to no avail.

 

She took a deep breath, and tried again.

 

“Need any help?” Taeyeon shrieked in surprise.

 

“No! I changed my mind!” she turned the tv off “I think I’m leaving” she stomped towards the door.

 

“H-hey, wait!” Taeyeon stopped, but didn’t turn around as she can feel Tiffany is approaching “Don’t leave me here” she pleaded.

 

Taeyeon took a peek at her, and felt herself melt at Tiffany’s cuteness. “Fine. What do you want to do?”

 

“I don’t know. What do YOU want to do?”

 

“I want to leave. But you stopped me”

 

“Then let’s go out” Taeyeon stared at her weirdly. She doesn’t want to go with this girl, but she still decided against what she wants.

 

“Alright” she led the way outside, where they saw Sunny leaving a newspaper at their doorstep.

 

“Aishh. I’m late again” she muttered to herself, then left.

 

“You sure you wanna leave the ice princess alone?” she started the conversation as they walk.

 

“Sure. I love taking risks” she flashed her a grin, eyes forming its signature smile.

 

“Yeah right. Risk yourself in feeling her wrath”

 

“Well, I’m sure you’ll protect me,.. right?” she nudged her.

 

Taeyeon lifted an eyebrow, then replied “Nope. I would be there at the corner laughing my a** off at you” she laughed imagining the scenario.

 

Tiffany pouted and pushed Taeyeon at her arm “Yah!You’re mean” and stuck out a tongue at her, making Taeyeon laugh more.

 

“No. I was just joking. Of course I’ll save you from that girl”

 

“Of course. Who could actually resist me?” she said, boasting, before whispering “Except her” but Taeyeon heard that.

 

“You know, you should forget her”

 

She stopped in shock “What?”

 

“I know you love Jessica. Don’t deny it” she said, turning to face Tiffany.

 

Tiffany scoffed “So what? It’s not like she cares”

 

“Well, she does care. You’re best friends” she patted Tiffany’s arm, comforting her.

 

“How did you know anyway?”

 

Taeyeon smiled and looked down, you can see the sadness in her “I saw the way you look at her. I used to look that way at Yuri too”

 

“O-oh”

 

----------

 

Just minutes after Tiffany and Taeyeon left, Yuri arrived, looking grumpy. She didn’t notice Jessica sleeping and proceeded to the kitchen for a drink of water, when she saw the mouth-watering cake that Tiffany brought for Jessica.

 

She took it out, attempting to eat it, but stopped when she saw what was written at it.

 

‘Happy Birthday, Jessi~

Wish for you all the best.

Lots of love, MiYoung’

 

She frowned, and continued on devouring it.

*****************

A/N I know, I know,.. I'm late with the birthday thingie T_T