Prologue - The Approaching War

Dragon War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guard stood tense by the castle walls, their senses tuned and wary of any approaching danger. The usually tired scholars bumbled around the inner court in hurry to find anything that could possibly aid them. There was no noise of laughter, nor did birds sing beautifully in the distance; only curious murmurs and disgruntled mumbling filled the magestic castle. All came to a standstill as two loud trumpets were sounded; the two guards who had blown the instrumpets stepped to the side and kneeled down on one knee, everyone around following suit.

A young man, barely 22 strode in flanked on each side by his closest and most trusted advisors. Although in his early twenties, his deep eyes spoke of wisdom and experience of a thousand years. Face impassive he walked through to the inner court, towards his main chamber. Everyone held their breath in tight anticipation as his sharp eyes skimmed through everyone, even a glance felt as though he was looking through them.

Finally out of their sight, everyone released the breaths that they had held. Some shaking in terror by the sheer amount of power and authority that the man eluded. It was mesmerising how someone so young held so much power, even more so than his own father, who had stepped down from the throne earlier than necessary. 

Meanwhile the young emperor, unlike others of those with royal blood was not guarded, the only ones to accompany him were his two advisors, both of whom unofficially happened to be his best friends since childhood. Approaching his chamber he entered with the two adorning his sides and placed himself in the privacy among friends.

'What exactly is the situation now Chanyeol?' His deep voice softened now that he could speak comfortably without the need for formalities. The other two relaxed themselves next to him and spoke in the same manner.

'It's pretty bad hyung, Emperor Huan has joined forces with them. Right now we are going against two amazing nations. Our army maybe the strongest, but our numbers are too small we will not be able to defeat them easily.'

The young emperor tiredly rubbed his face and let out a deep sigh. 'What about the other nations? Any willing to join us?'

The other slightly shorter man spoke up this time, 'The smaller nations do not wish to get involved, they want to remain neutral, but your brother has convinced several to form alliances. But even the few alliances we do not have the number. We need the alliance of the Dragon of the East gege.'

'Dragon of the East? That would be very difficult, I mean the last time we nearly started war among ourselves!' Chanyeol spoke up.

'You mean you did. Honestl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter