Chapter 3

SM Battle

July 2nd, 2012 

 

  Taeyeon, who was sitting down at the table with everyone else, suddenly stood up with a stack of papers in her arm. "I hope most of you guys spent your time wisely yesterday, for starting today, it will be quite tough." Taeyeon sighed. "Since we have to perfect all our performances for the concert in just 2 to 3 months, we have to prepare for who is doing what for each performance today. And if we have time, I hope we could start practicing right away." 

  "Concert? When?" Onew suddenly asked as he took in every single word said by the team leader.

  "Oh! Leeteuk must have forgot to say this yesterday at the meeting. Remember when President Lee stated he will be seeing which of the two groups will be the most popular?" Taeyeon paused to get everyone's attention. "Yes, well in order for that to happen, of course we'd have to showcase our talents as a group whole right? So President Lee decided to set up a concert in Seoul, for the two groups to perform against each other." Taeyeon explained as she started to walk around the table, greeting and passing out the sheet of paper to each and every member.

  "What's this?" Changmin asked as he stared confusedly at the sheet of paper he held in his hands.

  "It's blank," Heechul stated. "Why? You want my autograph?" He laughed as he held up his hand that was holding a pen.

  "No, no, no." Taeyeon laughed. "This white sheet of paper for you to write who your partner or group members will be for a performance. Leeteuk and I were talking yesterday, and we concluded that with a concert around 2 hours, at the very least there will 35 performances in total if we say each will be about 3-4 minutes long. However, with a combined performance at the end, which might take around 8 minutes if we sing two songs, we ended up with 15 performances for each group. So for now, I will give just 10 minutes, for you to find your partner or group. You could always sing solo, if that's what you want to. But if you decide to do a group performance, the maximum is 6. So, hurry along and find your partners. There will only be 10 minutes starting now!" Taeyeon told everyone as they all got up from their seats finding a partner.

 

 

  "What are you planning to do?" Luna asked Krystal. "I was thinking of doing a duet with someone. But if not, we could always do it together."

  "Yeah, your right. I'm not sure either. I was thinking the same," Krystal replied with a shrug.

  "May I do a duet with you?" Minho suddenly popped into their conversation. He was standing around the two girls and accidently heard them talking. "Oh, and I'm sure Ryeowook Hyung would love to do a duet with you!" Minho turned to Luna.

  "Oh really?" Luna smiled. "Alright, I'll go ask him. Thanks Minho! I'll see you later Krystal!" Luna left as she waved to the two of them.

  "Bye..." Krystal replied waving back.

  "So is that a yes or a no?" Minho grabbed Krystal's attention. "I mean if not, I could always find another partner."

  "Well," Krystal looked over at Luna who was already talking and smiling with Ryeowook. "Sure then! I would love to do it with you."

  "Really? Then...you promise?" Minho smiled as he pulled out his pinky. "It's weird, I know. I just don't want to see you ditching me after finally agreeing.

  Krystal laughed as she pinky promised with Minho. "Neither do I!" she laughed.

  "So, what song then?" Minho asked after she pulled her pinky away.

  "Song...Wh-AH!" Krystal paused and clapped her hands together as she suddenly thought of something. "Don't you rap?"

  "Yeah," Minho laughed at her cute expression. "But, I could always sing you know? Just not as impressive that is."

  "Alright then. We could do an English song then? I mean they have a bunch of songs with rapping." Krystal said out loud as she started thinking of the perfect song for them. A song that sounds nice. A song that has a good melody along with some parts of rapping. A song...that fits the both of them. 

  "Sure thing," Minho smiled. "Name i-"

  "Shush! I'm thinking..." Krystal silenced Minho as he zipped his mouth shut with an apologetic smile.

 

 

  "Noona?" Onew tapped Taeyeon's shoulder who was still sitting on her chair while typing something in her laptop.

  "Yes?" She replied as she slowly turned her gaze towards Onew.

  "Can we sing a duet together?" Onew asked after gaining her attention.

  "Well," Taeyeon slightly nodded in a deep thoughts. "Well, I guess. I mean I still have to perform anyway. With someone or in a group, so I'd love too!"

  "Thank god!" Onew gave her smile. " I almost thought I would have to perform alone!"

  "I guess not anymore!" Taeyeon laughed.

  "Thanks to you," Onew smiled. "So I thought of a perfect song! Will it be okay with you?"

  "What song?" Taeyeon curiously asked tilting her head.

  "Well, the song you and Sunny sang in a duet for an OST..." Onew scratched his head in embarrassment. "사랑인걸요 (It's Love)."

  "Ahh! That song! Oh yes! It'd be perfect. It's a beautiful song..." Taeyeon smiled.

  Onew laughed, "Yeah, that's what I thought too."

 

  

  "So it's going to be us four, right?" Jessica asked as she looked at the two guys and one girl standing in front of her.  

  "I guess so," Donghae awkwardly scratched his head.

  "Of course! We'd be like the best group!" Key laughed as he leaned in and whispered, "I mean you got me, you know what I mean?"

  "Oh shut up. You're too...I don't know what to say...You love yourself TOO much Key," Sunny laughed as she slapped Key's shoulder.

  "What do you mean? Of course I should! Just look at me! Look at me! My hair, my face, and everything!" Key backed himself up as he bragged about himself.

  "No thanks," Sunny replied turning away.

  "Well, you got to admit. He does have good hair," Donghae interrupted the two as he slowly moved his hands towards Key's hair.

  "NOT THE HAIR!" Key backed away while slapping Donghae's hand away when he noticed his hyung's hands coming closer to his hair.

  "Alright, alright. Enough joking. So what song are we going to do?" Jessica stopped laughing as she checked the time. "We only got a few minutes left!"

  "Well, I was thinking...how about our song 'Hello'?" Key gave a suggestion.

  "Or we can do our song 'Genie'? I would love to see Key dance to it," Sunny laughed.

  "Something great to dance to has to be 'Sorry Sorry'," Donghae added in as well.

  "Those are three good songs..." Jessica told the three. "The only problem is, which one do we do?"

 

 

  "10 minutes are up! Everybody get to your seats!!" Taeyeon yelled. "Alright now, when I call your name, tell me your group members, or whatever else you are doing and the song. Luna!" Taeyeon explained as she opened her laptop ready to type everything out.

  "Ryeowook. We will sing 'When Falling In Love With A Friend' by Beige unnie." Luna told Taeyeon.

  "Changmin?" Taeyeon read off the next name.

  "Heechul, Shindong, Siwon, Kris, and Lay. 'Like a G6' by Far East Movement." Changmin yelled out to Taeyeon who was sitting far away from him.

  "Donghae!" Taeyeon yelled again.

  "Jessica, Key, and Sunny. We'll be singing SHINee's 'Hello'," Donghae calmly replied as he flashed a smile towards Jessica.

  "Hyoyeon?" Taeyeon turned to the girl sitting next to her.

  "Yuri. '1,2 Step' by Ciara." Hyoyeon told Taeyeon.

  "Krystal?" Taeyeon asked the maknae.

  "Minho. We'll be singing 'My Ear's Candy' by Taecyeon and Baek Ji Young unnie," Krystal replied.

  "What happened to a English song?" Minho whispered to the girl sitting next to her.

  "I changed my mind." Krystal whispered back.

  "Luhan?" Taeyeon kindly turned her gaze to the baby-faced guy sitting a few seats away from her.

  "Xiumin. We'll be performing 'Kissing You' by SNSD." Luhan laughed as he told Taeyeon.

  "What??" Xiumin suddenly jumped up from surprise. "What happened to singing 'What is Love'??"

  "Are you sure?" Taeyeon spoke as she took her eyes off her laptop. "With the lollipops? And the dresses??"

  "Of course not!" Luhan laughed. "We'll change it up just a bit. More like a guy version. It'd be fun! Right Xiumin?" Luhan turned his gaze towards Xiumin who was still standing up from surprise.

  "O-oh well, sure? I guess it'd be fun?" Xiumin slightly nodded his head. "Why 'Kissing You' though? How about 'Gee' or 'Chu'?"

  "I like 'Kissing You'," Luhan smiled to himself. "It brings memories..."

  "Memories? Like Y-" Xiumin was about to say but was cut off.

  "Alright alright! Enough! Moving on." Taeyeon stopped the two from continuing their conversation. "Baekhyun?"

  "Uh, solo?" Baekhyun bowed his head in embarrassment since he was the only one so far. "Singing 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz."

  "No need to be embarrassed!" Taeyeon laughed at his cute reply. "I'm sure you won't be the only one right? Like D.O?"

  "Oh yeah! I'm doing a solo too! I will be singing 'Baby Don't Cry' by EXO-K."

  "Okay, so that leaves us with Onew who is singing a duet with me. Alright, now we have a total of 9 performances. 6 more to go."

  "How about a performance with all of us? Not like both groups, just our group," Key spoke up after an idea popped up in his head. "We can do Super Junior's 'Sorry Sorry'?"

  "Hmm that works," Taeyeon nodded her head. "Anyone else up to this?" After receiving nods from around the room, Taeyeon continued, "Alright, then we have 5 more to go. I'll be choosing the performances for the rest. Luhan!"

  "Yes?" Luhan replied as quickly as he could after hearing his name.

  "You will be performing 'Boyfriend' by Justin Bieber alone." Taeyeon focused on her laptop. "You will be singing alone but towards.." she paused. "Towards Krystal."

  "Oh..." Luhan nodded his head slightly.

  "Alright, and Jessica!?" Taeyeon continued on.

  "Hmmm?" Jessica replied focused on her nails.

  "How about singing 'If I had a lover' by G.Na and Rain?" Taeyeon asked Jessica with a stern face. "But you have to have a partner since it's a duet.." Taeyeon returned into deep thoughts. "Donghae?"

  "Huh?" Donghae looked up from surprise not thinking his name would be called. 

  "Sing with Jessica?" Taeyeon asked raising an eyebrow.

  "Oh...sure." Donghae replied taking short glances towards Jessica.

  "Now 3 more to go..." Taeyeon looked around the rest of the members. "How about Shindong and Heechul? You guys do your things?"

  "Our things?" Heechul asked raising an eyebrow with a mischievous look.

  "I mean, we need some comical performances too. So you guys sing...?" 

  "Sing...? How about 'Poker Face' by Lady Gaga?" Shindong finished her sentence with a wink.

  "Okay...now we need a only dance part. So Hyoyeon, Yuri, Lay, and...lets see...Siwon?" Taeyeon asked tilting her head for approval.

  "Sure thing." The 4 of them replied.

  "Now last performance. I would like it to be myself, Sunny, Onew, and Changmin? Is that okay for you guys?" Taeyeon asked the other three.

  "Yeah, sure." the other three nodded their head.

  "We'll be singing, 'Keep Your Head Down' by DBSK."

  "Really??" Sunny asked Taeyeon with a shocked expression.

  "Yes." Taeyeon replied as she checked the time. "Seems like things are going as planned since we still have enough time. Everyone go practice and I'll be sending our performance plan to Leeteuk. We'll be meeting here again the day after tomorrow at the same time. I'll be checking all your progress! At least have something ready to show by then. You may practice or do anything you want tomorrow. Just be sure to be ready to perform a little bit by the time I said to. Alright you may go now!" Taeyeon advised the all of them as she watched them all scatter around the room finding their respective partners.

  "Are they also having this sort of meeting?" Luhan slowly walked towards Taeyeon.

  "Yes, but not today. They are having it tomorrow." Taeyeon replied still typing away on her laptop.

  "So they are all free today?" Luhan raised an eyebrow.

  "Yes." Taeyeon replied.

 

```~~~``` [ ] Luhan [ ] Yoona

[ I heard you guys are free today? Is that true? ]

[ Oh Annyeong Luhan! And yea...why you guys don't? ]

[ Nope. T.T We have to start practicing right away! Yoona-ah!! I'm tired!! I need you right now! T_T ]

[ Ahh. Stop fooling around and do your work! ㅋㅋ I know, I know. My face is too hard to distance yourself right? ]

[ I wish it was yesterday.. ]

[ Oh... ]

[ Yoona-ah? Hello? You there?? ]

[ Oh sorry! I was talking with Kai...You were saying? ]

[ Kai? Why? ]

[ Well, I figured you were busy today...plus we aren't even supposed to be contacting each other. And Kai invited me to go with him to the amusement park.. ]

[ And you accepted right away??? ]

[ Well, you know I love roller coasters! ]

[ That does NOT mean you should just accept his invite! I could have taken you! Why are you acting so stupid?! ]

[ Stupide? What the- How is this stupid...Kai is my friend. Not a stranger. What's wrong with going out for some fun? You seem different, Luhan. Where's the nice, kind, and easy going Luhan I know?? ]

[ Some fun?? Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny. He's right here. ]

[ W-what are you talking about? What is wrong with you? He's only my friend. And so ARE YOU. I have to go. Kai's waiting. ]

 

 

  Luhan, who was leaning on the wall while texting Yoona, suddenly slumped down and ended up with his back still on the wall but his on the ground. He and Xiumin were using a separate dance room to practice their song. Xiumin who was thinking of some dance moves looked towards Luhan noticing him zoning out. "Hyung! Hyung? Aren't you supposed to be making new lyrics?? Hyung?"

  "Huh? Oh yea...I'll start working on it now. How are the dance moves so far?" Luhan asked back as he slowly stood up from his position walking towards the only desk in the corner of the dance room. Did that kiss yesterday mean nothing?

  "Oh yea. I was thinking, instead of holding lollipops, and wearing cutesy dresses, we could wear those black suits with a bow while holding a black stick." Xiumin sat on the ground telling the blanked out Luhan all his opinions. "So? How is that?"

  "Oh.." Luhan shook out of his thoughts. "We'll see tomorrow. I'll finish the new lyrics by tomorrow."

  "Oh okay, then what do I do today?" Xiumin asked curiously.

  "Whatever you want," Luhan replied walking out the door. "I'll meet you here tomorrow to practice everything."

  "Wait what? Hyung!? Hyung!! You can't just leave like that!" Xiumin yelled while catching up to Luhan.

 

```~~~``` 

  "Nan geu dael jinachyeo gal ddaemyeon (When I walked beside you)  Haru jongil gaseumi ddeollyeoyo (My heart keeps trembling the whole day through) Hollo geudae reul geurigo idjyo (Alone thinking about you) Jaggu geudaeran jaguki namayo (Always keeping memories you marked) " Taeyeon sang her first part in the song. "Okay, so to make life easier, I'll sing my parts and you sing Sunny's alright?" Taeyeon asked Onew as the two them were alone in the meeting room. After everyone left, Onew waited for Taeyeon to finish sending the papers to Leeteuk. When she finished, she suggested to practice in the meeting room since they didn't have any particular dance moves.

  "Sure thing!" Onew replied with a smile.

  "Fans love a performance. So when we perform this, let's try and act some things out? If we do dance, not to complex since this is a ballad song," Taeyeon asked waiting for Onew's approval.

  "Okay, so we come out from separate sides first? And we meet up in the middle of the stage?" Onew slowly imagined the stage plans.

  "Yes, but we have to start walking before I sing. Since one of my lines is 'Walking beside you'," Taeyeon looked at the lyrics sheet she was holding.

  "I see..." Onew agreed as he also was practicing his lines and thinking of what to do. "So we start from different corners," he continued as he walked towards the corner of the room. "Then, the music starts and I slowly walk towards you..." Onew acted out his motions as he looked at Taeyeon. "And when you start singing your lines, I hold your hands." he reached for her hands when he finally stood beside her. "And, we walk down."

  "Exactly," Taeyeon released her hand from his as she turned to face him. "So we don't have to do much since we just follow the lyrics. What we do need to practice is Keep Your Head Down with the rest of them...It'd be the hardest one for us."

  "Oh ok," Onew quietly replied longing to hold her hand longer. "Since they are practicing, I'm guessing we'll have to practice tomorrow."

  "Yeah, that's what I was thinking too..." Taeyeon replied checking her watch. "I'll contact them later and tell you the plans."

  "Sure thing..." Onew replied as he reached for his bag. "So we just practice our lines?"

  "Yeah, and we can improvise the actions. When our whole group meets, the day after tomorrow, we'll be meeting here. But, after I make sure everyone's here, we'll be moving to the small stage upstairs to see everyone's progress. You know the place where President Lee makes us show our talents every Sunday during trainee years? Yeah, we'll be there, so we'll have to do our thing too."

  "Got it." Onew started walking towards the door, then turned to face Taeyeon. "See you tomorrow!" he bowed as he left the room.

 

```~~~```

  "Here," Krystal shoved a piece of paper towards Minho. "This is our lyrics sheet. Your part is right here and here," she pointed at the highlighted areas. "You rap all the parts, you know, Taecyeon's part. PLUS, you even do the chorus with me. O-k-a-y?" 

  "Geez, alright. You treat me like a 10 year old. I'm older than you, you know??" Minho snatched the paper away with a amused look on his face.

  "I know. I just can't control it. You seem like a dummy," Krystal stuck her tongue out. 

  Minho chuckled at her cuteness and played along as he brought his hand up to his chest and acted like he was hurt."Why yo-"

  "Alright! Now your part, my part. Okay?" Krystal cut him off.

  "First, you treat me like a kid. Second, you don't even let me finish my sentence. And third, you said that ALREADY. A-L-R-E-A-D-Y," this time it was Minho who tired to spell things out to Krystal as he was getting a little irritated.

  "Someone looks mad..." Krystal pouted. "Fine, 'OPPA.' Are you ready to practice? We have time today and a little tomorrow. I might have to practice a little with Luhan tomorrow."

  "Alright. So what's first?" Minho asked as he nodded his head and practiced his lines in his head.

  "Instead of making this different from the original by making our own dance moves and stuff, let's just try to do an exact cover of the real one," Krystal explained as she took out her phone. "Here's the video. I already loaded it, so watch it once right now, and try to do the dance. It's not that hard. I do most of the dance anyway, all you do is follow along."

  "Alright..." Minho stared at her raising an eyebrow. "I see...."

  "So I come out first, with some amazing clothes, as always, and start dancing a bit. Then you come out. Wear some cool clothes with sunglasses okay? Don't wear anything tacky," Krystal told Minho as she looked at him from top to bottom. "Like that."

  "This?" Minho gasped as he stared at his clothes. "These are clothes from famous brands! What are you talking about??"

  "Fine, MATCH your clothes right," Krystal corrected her sentence. "Okay, since we can't do much together today, go home and watch this as much as you can. Know the whole dance by tomorrow. You don't need to perfect it yet, we'll do that after the both of us are sure we know the dance. Practice your rapping as well."

  "Alright, alright..." Minho rolled his eyes.

  "Don't do that..." Krystal slapped him on the shoulder. "Only I can do that!" she rolled her eyes.

  "What- You- Oh...never mind." Minho sighed. "Whatever you say."

  "Great!!" Krystal smiled as she hugged Minho slightly. "You're the first guy to actually be able to follow my every instruction! Glad your my partner!" She smiled one last time and walked towards the door. "Don't forget, here tomorrow morning!"

  "Okay, get home safely!" Minho smiled back. Minho, he was happy. He's happy he found a hard working partner. He's happy he's partner with Krystal. And most of all, he's happy they got closer than before.

 

```~~~```

  "You do it like THIS. Hello, hello, nareum daero yongil naesseoyo," Key sang the chorus as he did the hand motions perfectly.

  "This?" Donghae tried to do the same thing. "Hello, hello, nareum daero yongil naesseoyo."

  "NO! Your elbow is not bent enough! How come none of you can do it right!?" Key threw a tantrum as the other three just stared at him.

  "Key...I think it looks EXACTLY the SAME," Sunny imitated the hand motions the two were doing. "The two dances look exactly the same. I think Donghae's doing it right!"

  "It looks right to you because you're doing it wrong too!" Key threw his hands up from anger. "Once again, your elbow has to be perfectly like this when you wave!" Key did the dance again.

  "What about now?" Donghae tried to do it again after observing Key.

  "YES HYUNG! Finally!" Key yelled as he watched Donghae do a 2-second dance. "Finally, it took you 1 hour to perfect a 2-second part."

  Sunny interrupted the two as she corrected what Key just said. "Technically, it's more than 2-seconds since that the chorus part and we dance to tha-"

  "JESSICA NOONA!" Key yelled cutting Sunny off. "Are you done splitting the lyrics?"

  Sunny who just got cut off by Key for the billionth time, stood at her exact spot while Jessica walked towards them. "Sunny? Sunny?!" Jessica yelled out her name as she pushed her shoulder a little bit.

  "Yeah?" Sunny replied after shaking away her anger at Key.

  "Here are the lyrics. I tried to split them up equally since we are all vocals," Jessica explained as she passed the paper out.

  "Perfect. I knew you could do it well," Key smiled at Jessica. "These two over here, couldn't even do a dance right."

  "Excuse m-" Sunny who was starting to get a bit annoyed at Key's diva attitude tried to back herself up but ended up getting cut off again.

  "Since, I'm Key. I'll take care of our clothes for the performance. If I can, I'll show it to you by tomorrow. So same time, here tomorrow?" Key asked the others.

  "Sure. But I think Donghae and I would have to leave a bit earlier to practice our other song," Jessica agreed.

  "Okay, so for today, just practice your lines and watch our MV for the dance," Key told everyone turning his gaze to Sunny with a smile, "Right? Sunny-noona?"

  Sunny who calmed down a bit, gave a bitter smile back as Donghae and Jessica laughed at the two cute friends.

 

```~~~```

  "Noona, today was fun! Thanks for coming with me!" Kai bowed as he and Yoona arrived at her dorm.

  "No problem! I love roller coasters anyway," Yoona smiled at her dongsaeng.

  "Once again, thanks Noona," Kai smiled as he slowly walked towards Yoona and pulled her into a small hug. "You'll always be my favorite Noona."

  Yoona laughed as she hugged him back, "And you'll be my favorite MALE dongsaeng," Yoona pulled away as she messed up his hair.

  Kai laughed as he fixed his hair. The two stood there in silence as Yoona cleared wanting to say something. Kai who noticed it, scratched his neck and broke the silence, "Well, go in now Noona. It's getting cold. Luhan Hyung must be looking for me right now."

  Yoona stiffened when he mentioned her best friends name. Somehow, she wasn't sure about anything anymore. "Oh sure, they all must be worried since it's so late already. I'll go first, thanks for walking me home! Bye!" Yoona waved as she walked towards her dorm.

  

 

  "And where have you been, Miss Im Yoona?" Taeyeon who was leaning on the counter holding a glass of water asked the young and goddess like girl who just walked in through the door..

  "Oh I was just out. Since today we had a free day and all..." Yoona glanced over at Taeyeon then looked away.

  "By any chance was it Luhan who took you home?" Taeyeon leaned away from the counter and walked towards the door facing Yoona.

  "No...what makes you think that?" Yoona raised an eyebrow.

  "Nothing, just curious. You should hurry and go sleep. Your meeting tomorrow might be tough," Taeyeon patted Yoona's head and walked off.

  "Oh...ok," Yoona replied taking off her shoes and walking towards her room.

 

```~~~```

A/N This was a tiring chapter to write...I had to find the right songs, the lyrics, watch the performances...and everything! It was fun but tiring too. Anyway, this chapter is mainly about SMF. They had their first meeting together and already finished planning everything out. They seem to be in a pretty good pace so far. I just had to add Yoona in this chapter even though she's not supposed to be. But, since she's my ultimate bias...I'm sorry, I just had to! xD Well, you can spot a lot of different moments in this chapter. I LOVED Key's diva personality! Too amazing! Luhan with his changing attitudes from one moment to another. Krystal being a bit bossy and friendly at times. I hope this chapter isn't to confusing...I tried to keep it right on topic for it to be understandable and not all over the place. But, if it was , I'm am VERY sorry. Oh and the end! I can totally imagine Kai saying 'Noona' towards Yoona, With his low and husky voice..GAH I'm fangirling all over the place. Well, chapter 3 is up, I feel that this chapter is the longest so far. And woah, just checked...it is long! YES. Goal complete! :DD...so tell me what you guys think! Chapter 4 will be mainly about SMG! So look forward to it! Oh and thanks so much for all the commets so far! But here's it again haha... Comment and Subscribe! Thanks!~