Chapter 1

SM Battle

June 30th, 2012

 

  "SMG...SMF...The 'SM Battle'" Luhan chuckled to himself as he and Yoona were walking down the street.

  "It's not that bad. It seems like it's going to be rather fun actually!" Yoona laughed as she slapped her best friend's shoulder. "President Lee sure does have his own other world." 

  "Well, it's an okay event, I guess." Luhan replied nonchalantly. "I'd rather have things stay the same, life would be a lot easier then."

  "Man up!" Yoona yelled in Luhan's ear as he backed away from surprise. "It's not like anything could change."

  Luhan and Yoona silently continued walking down the street towards SNSD's dorm. Ever since trainee years, Luhan had been exceptionally close to Yoona. No one knew why, neither did themselves. They both just had a feeling that pulls them close to each other. Whether it was love or just a feeling a friendship, no one knew. 

  "Luhan? Luhan! XI LUHAN!" Yoona yelled at Luhan who had been zoning out the whole time they were walking. 

  "Mhm? Yea?" Luhan suddenly replied as he shook himself out of dreamland.

  "What were you thinking of?" Yoona asked concernaly as they stood at the front door of her dorm.

  "Oh it wa-" Luhan paused as he noticed Yoona's glare. "I was thinking about the two groups. I mean I despise the whole idea how its for popularity and I'm not even going to be by YOUR side!" Luhan threw his hands up from frustration. 

  Yoona just laughed as she stared at her friend going on and on about his opinions. She tip-toed and she pulled Luhan into a hug as her hands encircled his neck. "So? It's not like our friendship is going to be on the line right?" She spoke in a soft tone as they were still embracing each other.

  Luhan silenced himself as he smiled and returned the hug. "Of course not, if it does, I'm going to walk straight up to President Lee and confront it." 

  "Like you would." Yoona laughed as she released herself from his embrace. 

  "What do you mean? President Lee has more of a soft side towards me, " Luhan replied with a triumphant smirk. "Now go inside, Im Yoona, it's getting chilly out here and I just want to go back." 

  "Yes, Yes...Whatever you say Prince Luhan." Yoona replied as she stuck her tongue out and ran in through the front door of her dorm.

 

```~~~```

  "You two are the leaders of the group. That means you have to lead them, advise them, and help them. The leaders got the toughest job alongside the visuals. However, unlike the visuals, everyone in the group will be looking up to you! Even if you're not the oldest." Lee Soo Man stated towards Leeteuk and Taeyeon. The three were sitting in Lee Soo Man's office as they were talking about the new contest. He had pulled the leaders into a special meeting after the public announcement. Whether they liked it or not, Lee Soo Man had tried his best to choose the best people for each and every job. 

  "Who are the visuals, President Lee?" Leeteuk asked. 

  "What about the main vocals, dancers and such?" Taeyeon also asked in curiousity.

  "I knew I picked the right people." Lee Soo Man chuckled as he pulled out a piece a paper. "Here are all the details. The visuals are Im Yoona(SMG) and Xi Luhan(SMF). The main vocals are Kim Jonghyun(SMG) and Jessica Jung(SMF). Main dancers are Kai(SMG), Eunhyuk(SMG), Hyoyeon(SMF), and Yuri(SMF). The ones I stated have to be in that position. You may add any other members as well, just not too much."

  "I see," Leeteuk paused as he thought of a question. "How are we going to see whose more popular?"

  "At some time, I will be arranging a concert in Seoul. After the concert I will be setting up a poll. There people will cast which group they like more. HOWEVER, if during the concert or any other time, I spot teamwork forming in not your own group, this whole thing will be canceled also meaning there will be NO winner. Understand?" 

  "Yes." the both leaders replied in unison.

  "Oh and just a small advice. It'd be best if you hold a meeting some time with your group. It seems like everyone's in deep confusion except for the three of us. So find sometime to do that." Lee Soo Man ended their small and special meeting with one piece of advice.

 

```~~~```

  "I want to sit next to her!" Kris yelled as he pulled Chanyeol away from Krystal.

  "No! I came first, Hyung!" Chanyeol yelled back at Kris.

  "So? I'm OLDER!" Kris yelled back emphasizing his point.

  "Uhm, can I sit next to Sehun?..." Krystal silently asked the two.

  "SEHUN!" Kris and Chanyeol yelled at the innocent maknae.

  "What?" Sehun threw his hands up stating his innocence. "I'm just more handsome that is." Sehun smirked as he stood up from his seat to sit next to Krystal. EXO and f(x) met up together at a cafe after the whole shocking news. They had gathered to talk about the news, as well as to understand it more. The 5 girls sat on one side along with Sehun, Kris, and Chanyeol, while the other boys excluding Luhan sat on the other side. 

  Victoria on the other side was tired of all that ruckus, and as the oldest of them all she decided to start the actual conversation. "Are you guys also in confusion of this whole sudden contest, or are you guys okay?"

  "I can't say it's okay, nor can I say it's all of a sudden," Chen spoke up. "I mean we should all be able to expect such sudden ideas from President Lee."

  "You're right, Presisdent Lee has always been like this." It was Luna's turn to speak up. "Do you think there's any motive behind all this? Or is he seriously just doing this for popularity?"

  "Popularity." Kris stated as everyone else just nodded their heads in agreement.

 

 

  "So, what's up?" Sehun asked Krystal quietly as he winked.

  Krystal giggled quietly making sure nobody noticed them talking. "Nothing really, just that we're in middle of a conversation here!" Krystal whispered as she slightly pointed at everyone else while looking at Sehun.

  " I know, I'm just a bit bored, ya know?" Sehun faked a yawn. "Want to ditch with me?" 

  "What?" Krystal whispered back. "Ditch? You mea-"

  "On the count of three. One, two , THREE!" Sehun pulled Krystal out of her seat as he ran outside of the cafe. 

  "Wh-What are they doing??" Victoria asked surprised at their sudden movements.

  "It's called the 'Sehun Move'. He started and so he'll finish it." Suho chuckled.

  "Wait, what???" Sulli was bewildered. "He better not do anything to hurt Krystal's feelings..."

  "Just wait, after a few more days...Sehun will make his move." Suho smirked, for as the leader, he knew Sehun's every plan to get a girl's heart.

 

```~~~```

  "Taeyeon!" Jessica yelled as she noticed a short petite girl walk through the door. "Where'd you go? Even Yoona got home earlier than you! Did you go meet Leeteuk? Hmmm?" She attacked Taeyeon with a bunch of question as she sat on the couch with her phone in her hand.

  "No, Leeteuk and I went to meet up with President Lee." Taeyeon replied tiredly. "To talk about this 'SM Battle'." 

  "Are we allowed to change the teams?" Yoona ran out of her room as she asked Taeyeon. 

  "No...But there are quite a few rules. Leeteuk and I will set up a meeting tomorrow. Everyone will know then." Taeyeon said outloud as all the members slowly gathered around her.

  "Is there anything bad?" Tiffany asked as she noticed Taeyeon's worry.

  "I'll just say one thing, alright?" Taeyeon looked at each and every member. "You know how we are not in the same team, therefore, at times we won't be able to talk, gather, and help each other out like we used to. But, never forget. We are and will always be SNSD. Forever 9, alright?" 

  "Definitely," the other members assured Taeyeon, as they all squeezed into a circle for a big group hug.

 

```~~~```

  "What are you doing?" Taemin asked his hyung as he was putting on his shoes ready to leave.

  "Texting Sica. She said something about a meeting tomorrow." Jonghyun replied. "Where are you going? It's so late already."

  "I'm going to meet up with Sulli and walk her home, of course!" Taemin smiled cheekily at Jonghyun, "Unlike you, just sitting there and texting."

  "It's what people do THESE DAYS." Jonghyun kept his pride up.

  "Sure, whatever. I have to go, bye hyung!" Taemin said his goodbyes as he left the dorm.

  "There's going to be a meeting tomorrow?" Minho suddenly bursted out of his room and asked Jonghyun who was still lying on the couch texting. He walked towards Jonghyun and sat on the couch beside him.

  "Yep." Jonghyun replied still focused on his phone. 

  "What time?" Minho asked another question while turning his gaze to Jonghyun.

  "I don't know," Jonghyun gave another short answer still concetrating on his text messaging.

  "HYUNG!" Minho erupted into anger. "Why can't you just act like you're paying attention!?" 

  "I AM. That's why I replied," Jonghyun sat up as he fixed his gaze on Minho. "Girl problems?" 

  "No. You're the problem." Minho gave a deep glare into Jonghyun as he stood up and walked towards his room with a loud slam.

  "Man, so many issues in one day. Guess I'll be sleeping here tonight." Jonghyun said to himself as he laid back down on the couch.

 

```~~~```

[Hey everyone! Sorry for the late message, but tomorrow at 2PM we'll be having a meeting to discuss about the groups and everything. Taeyeon and I will be answereing any questions you are confused about. Everyone has to come. Tomorrow, 2PM, at the company. For any who do not come, you will be severely punished.]

 

```~~~```

July 1st, 2012

 

 "Alright, to start off, I will be announcing each every job for every member. Yes, everyone has a job. This might take long, so be patient." Leeteuk started after everyone took their seats.

  "I'll start with my group then," Taeyeon took the chance to talk. "SMF, we have 22 members, one more than SMG, so you all have to be patient. Luhan you are the visual, Changmin, Jessica, Ryeowook, Luna, D.O, Baekhyun and Onew, you 7 are the main vocals. Hyoyeon, Yuri, Shindong, and Lay, you 4 are the main dancers. Kris and Minho, you 2 are the main rappers. Krystal, you are the maknae. Sunny, Heechul, and Key, you 3 are will be in charge of our fashion. Xiumin, Donghae, and Siwon, you three will be the lead vocals AND the lead dancers. That's all for now. Changes can still be made depending on your performance.

  "My turn, I guess. Yoona, visual. Seohyun, Tiffany, Chen, Jonghyun, Kyuhyun, and Yesung, you 6 are the main vocals. Taemin, Kai, Yunho, Victoria, and Eunhyuk, you 5 are the main dancers. Tao, Amber, and Chanyeol, you three are the main rappers. Sehun you are the maknae. Sooyoung, you are in charge of our fashion. Sungmin, Suho, and Sulli, you three are lead vocals and lead dancers!" Leeteuk finished as he started panting. 

  "Any questions?" Taeyeon laughed at Leeteuk's expression as she asked the rest.

  "Wait, before that. Here are the rules. Well, everything is the same as usual when you're an idol, however there is just one bigger rule. You may not help, meet up, or do anything else with someone other than those of your group. Members of your idol group is fine since you guys live together, but I advise you don't talk about your team plans or things might get messy. For example, I'm sure most of you are aware of Luhan and Yoona's friendship. " Leeteuk paused as he turned his gaze to Luhan and Yoona who were as expected sitting next to each other. "I'm afraid you might have to pause that for awhile. If President Lee spots you guys hanging out, all of us will get in trouble. Why I'm using you two as example is because you guys got a tough job as the visuals, so bigger trouble will arise if you its YOU TWO meeting up, understand?" Leeteuk asked everyone especially the two best friends. 

  "I don't understand. It's not like we are going to tell each other our "group plans". I won't even talk about it, I swear. This is just a frienshipm, what's so bad??" Luhan asked Leeteuk.

  "You just can't and that's final." Leeteuk stated sternly. 'I'm sorry, but this is our job." 

  "Bu-" Luhan was going to object as Yoona put her hand on his shoulder to stop him.

  "I understand." Yoona replied for him.

 

```~~~``` 

A/N Hey! So the first chapter's up, and I apologize for the boringness. But it's a must since I have to introduce everyone (kind of). As for the poll, I'm still thinking whether I will put it up sometime for you guys to vote, or not. Yea, I'm still kind of planning out the whole story xD. But other than that, the characters are set and I'm not planning on changing any couples or anything, so yea keep that in mind. It started out with LuYoon, and yes they are best friends in this story. Everyone in the company is aware of their close friendship but is unaware of why they keep on hanging out. Lee Soo Man seems quite harsh in this story (maybe) but who knows what he's planning? There just might be a HUGE twist, who knows! Jonghyun and Jessica are not dating. They are just really close friends who text other a lot. Also, keep in mind on why Minho's acting that way as well. There's a reason a behind that, which might be revealed in another chapter. As for the maknaes, Sehun and Krystal. In this story, Suho stated Sehun kind of like a playboy since he has his own moves with girls he wants to hit on. And yes, right now his target is no other but Krystal. And finally, at the end, Luhan is just a bit pissed at how the rules were made up. Yep, that's it for now, look forward to chapter 2! :D Please comment and subscribe, thanks!