VII.

Beautiful Stranger

 

VI. Take me to the place where you are

 

  "Yoona, you can't be serious."

  Their leader, Taeyeon wore a look of disapproval on her face as she shook her head, completely against the decision she had made. She deemed it as an impulsive decision she had come to.

  "Taeyeon, I am being absolutely rational here." Yoona said firmly.

  "Are you being rational here? Or are you doing it simply for her?" The older one challenged, as she frowned at her. "Just because she cried, just because she is hurt, just because she is dumped by her boyfriend, and just because she is your best friend, that doesn't mean she has the right to make use of you, Yoona! You know you're not obliged-"

  "She isn't making use of me. She did not-" She tried to convince her.   

  "She did not order you to do so? But wasn't that what she was implying last night. I overheard your conversation, and she hinted you on purpose to go meet him." She pointed out clearly to her. "That was her motive. That was obvious."

  Yoona took a deep breath to calm herself down, as she pondered over what she had told her. Taeyeon wasn't the first one to warn her about that, for that night, he had warned her too. And, she knew they were right. Her motive was clear. Only she was dumb enough to trust her best friend, time and time again. 

  "Maybe, you're right." She continued, as she furrowed her eyebrows. "But it's also considered a proper closure for me and if it meant a brand new start for her, I'm all the more happy for them."

  "Why would you go till the extent of-"

  "Because, she's my best friend." She smiled gently, as she reminisced her past. "I knew her since trainee days, and I'll never forget the hard times we shared together, the tears she shed for me, and the laughter she brought to my life."

  "What if she-"

  "Whether is it for her or for myself, I'll go, no matter what." 

  "You're a-"

  "Pabo? I know I am one." She chuckled, as she saw the visible tears that brimmed in her dorky leader's eyes. "But aren't you one too?"    

  "Yah! Im Yoona!" She gave her a playful whack on her arm, before wiping the tears away from her eyes.

  Yoona was certain that she wouldn't tell the Manager Oppa about her secret meet-up with the jerk, Minho.

 

 

  The usual early sleeper was pacing in the room unconsciously. Unlike her usual composed self, she was almost lifeless now. Her mind was in an utter mess and she didn't know what to think about anymore. Her lack of sleep was clearly evident in the dark circles right below her weary eyes that were swollen from all the crying these few days until there were no more tears left. 

  The prideful girl had told herself that he had no right to hurt her like that.

  She had told herself that he was merely a nobody.

  She had told herself that he didn't deserve her at all.

  She had told herself that she was better off without him.

  However, no matter how many times she reminded herself that she would find another better guy, she couldn't convince herself. The scene of the night when she stormed off replayed in her mind over and over again. The thought of him never coming back for her pained her so much that it burned her. She regretting letting that two words out. We're through. And more than anything else, she regretted bringing up that three words. Let's break up.

  She could never imagine being through with him. She had never wanted to break up with him. She regretted letting him go that night. 

  She needed him.

  She loved him.

  She wanted him back.

  At that moment, she realized what bitterness felt like. It was an empty yet painful feeling. She detested that feeling, that feeling of losing someone who was so close to her, yet so faraway. As she buried her head in between her legs, she refused to accept the reality that he was already gone.

  She tried to forget that feeling by looking at the night-sky that seemed so vast and mysterious. 

  And it worked, almost.

  Somehow, she was reminded of the days when they counted the stars together.

  She broke down, once again. 

  She was mistaken; there were more tears left. 

  She couldn't let him go.

  She couldn't forget that feeling. 

  Yuri couldn't forget him.

  Yuri couldn't stop loving him. 

 

 

  "What if he ask me for a reconcilation?" She asked with her doe-like eyes staring widely at him curiously.

  "You'll bluntly reject him."

  "And?"

  "And you'll give him a tight slap across his face, telling him how stupid he is to let that girl go."

  "What if he ask me how I'm doing?"

  "You'll tell him that you're doing absolutely well without him. And you'll tell him that your best friend needs him."

  "And what if he-"

  "Yoona, what exactly do you want from me? You've been asking me so many questions tonight." He looked at her skeptically, as he could not figure out why she was asking him so many questions that night.

  "Nothing much." She replied, as he avoided her gaze.

  "Maybe you are trying to-"

  "I'm most definitely not trying to prove that we've telepathy!" She turned crimson red as soon as she blurted out those words, and realized how embarrassing that was.

  He stifled a chuckle as he turned to look at her embarrassed face.

  "You're most definitely not trying to prove that." He poked fun at her intentionally, as she buried her embarrassed face in her hands.

  "You're mean." She smacked his muscular arms playfully.

  "And you're cute."

  The moment she heard those words, her heart almost skipped a beat and, her face had turned scarlet red, yet again. He swore he saw that bashful grin on her red face, though she had bitten her lower lips hard to suppress her happiness and excitement.

  Take me to the place where you are, for it will always be heaven as long as you're by my side. 

 

 

Beep.

From: Yoona

To: Minho 

We'll meet at the usual cafe tomorrow, 11pm.

 

  Was it for reconciliation? What exactly was his main purpose of asking her out?

  Only he knew the answer himself, very well.

  The cafe was almost empty, except for one, or two workers who stayed to clean up. That place was very familiar to him; it held a significant place in his heart. Somehow, it had somewhat become just another small fragment of his memory. For, that was the usual place he used to ask her out for a chat, or maybe just to see her face.

  And there he was, sipping a cup of coffee quietly, waiting patiently for her. Back then, he had failed to cherish her and he regretted it. He had arrived fifteen minutes earliar, for he was afraid he'd be late and she might walk out. He wouldn't want to miss the chance, ever again.  

  As a dark figure with her head lowered down with a cap walked towards him, he could immediately recognize her.

  "Yoona, you're here." He stood up, not forgetting to bow politely.

  She was no longer his girlfriend; she was merely his sunbae-nim.

  His ex-girlfriend.

 

A/N: Honestly, it has been long since I last looked at this fanfic. I felt so sorry for neglecting it. So. here I am, re-reading the chapters and trying to continue the story. It's so awkward to re-read a story, only to realize being unfamilar with it though it's one own work. And I can't believe how ugly (and small) I set the font to - Arial 12. Oh my freaking god, it's amazing how you guys can even read such a small font without complaining! But it's the first ever font I used when I first write in AFF. I'm keeping it. Don't kill me, please! I'm a sentimental person. Anyway, back to the point, here's an re-update for all of you. If you guys can still recall, I actually edited this version with Yuri's parts in this chapter. I hope you'll enjoy reading! Don't forget to leave a comment down :> I'll try my best to reply to all the comments with AFF's new feature!