VI.

Beautiful Stranger

 

VI. To the mysterious feeling, I open my heart

 

  Alone in her room, she grinned to herself bashfully. It was a genuine smile; it expressed her very happiness.  That warm sensation which shot through her was enough to make her smile beautifully. For that night she had held his hand, gently yet firmly.

  Yoona enjoyed his accompany, much more than he would ever expect.

  She respected him, especially since he was her sunbae. But it was different now. She saw him as a man. She respected him for he brought her to a different world, a world which there were only the two of them. And every moment they spent together, she found herself being a little happier than before, smiling a little brighter than yesterday, falling a little more for him.

  It was truly magical.

  They were no longer under the same company, and their frequent meetings would definitely create a huge scandal if they were exposed. That sort of risk, it did not bother her, not one bit. And he probably felt the same way just like her.

  Instead of the starless night she used to believe in, she had learnt to appreciate the twinkling stars. Starless night are indeed rare, but she began to wonder if the night sky would ever feellonely without any twinkling stars. That was when she really appreciated the beauty of stars, that she never used to appreciate. And she believed that one day, she would find that one star which truly belonged to her.

  Little had she known that she had already found that one star, which would only twinkle for her. 

 

  A shrill feminine voice shot through the air, jolting her out of her reverie as she slammed the door against wall roughly.

  “Get away from me!” 

  Yoona was taken aback by the ruckus caused by her members. It was Yuri, and she reeked of alcohol. Her makeup was badly smeared, with her dark wavy hair messed up. She was in an awful condition, and there Taeyeon was, struggling to pull her into the house before things really got out of hands.

  "Get a grip of yourself!" Taeyeon shook her lightly.

  Taeyeon held her slightly, only to be shoved away by Yuri. “Seriously, what are you thinking? Getting yourself into such trouble, do you know you’ve an image to take care of?”

  “I don’t care!” She yelled in frustration.

  “She’s very drunk. I’ll get a warm towel for her.” Yoona stood up, only to be blocked by Yuri, who was staggering helplessly in front of her.

  “I-I’m not drunk!” She grabbed Yoona’s shoulder tightly, refusing to let go at all. “Don’t you pre-pretend to be kind to me!”  

  “Yoona, what happen between the two of you?” Taeyeon asked with concern, as she could not grasp the situation.

  “Nothing much.” Yoona replied, avoiding her eye contact. “Why don’t you get her-”

  “Nothing much?” Yuri repeated after her cynically, scoffing at her. “You’re the best actress ever, Yoona.”

  “Taeyeon, please leave us alone.” Yoona insisted, as she looked at Taeyeon firmly. “We’ll settle between the two of us.”

  She nodded her head slightly, before closing the door behind her. 

  There was an awkward silence between the two girls, who used to be so close, who used to be best friends, who used to share everything with each other. Until that man came into their lives and, never had they expect their friendship which had seemed so strong to be so easily broken.    

 “You-” Yuri broke the silence first.

  “Listen to me.” She pleaded, as tears welled up in her eyes. “Please, just once.”

  As she saw her looking down in silence, she took it as a signal to continue.

  “Yuri, it really breaks my heart to see you hurting yourself this way. She began, as she patted her shoulder gently to soothe her. “You fought with him?”   

  She nodded her head. 

  “It’s common for couples to fight once in a while.” Yoona smiled; she didn’t know if it was a sincere or just a forced smile. “He’ll look for you, Yuri.”

  “H-He won’t!” She whimpered in between her sobs which she tried hard to control.

  And before long, her sobs turned into loud uncontrollable wails as she hugged Yoona tightly. “Not anymore! We broke up!”

  “I-”

  “He still loves-”

  “No, we were over since the day he chose you, Yuri.”

  “You'll talk to him, won't you?”

  Yoona clenched her fists tightly before muttering under her breath softly yet indignantly.

  Jerk.

 

  "You forgave your best friend?"

  She pondered over his question seriously, before giving a light smile. "I did."

  "As expected from you, kind lady." 

  "Then why did you still ask?" She narrowed her doe-like eyes, while pretending to be frustrated at him. "Mr Mind-Reader?"

  "Just to prove we've telepathy." He chuckled lightly, as he looked at her blushing slightly at his comment. 

  "I-I forgave her because s-she's my best friend." She stuttered helplessly, earning giggles from him.

  For a moment, he wore a serious expression on his face. It was an expression of anxiety, worry and concern for her.

  "Be careful, you treat her as your best friend doesn't mean that she does the same. You might end up being used." He cautioned her, worriedly. "You're just too gullible."

  "You promised to watch over me like the stars above."

  "Did I?" He pretended to avoid her gaze and looked up at the twinkling stars above the beautiful night sky.

  "You did!"

  As silence enveloped them, a smile dawned upon both of their faces. It was a blissful smile and there was no need to hide them. 

 

A/N: Hello, it's a short update! But there's YoonYul here, yay! ^^ And most importantly, there's so much YoonJae here <3 Do you know that mysterious feelings I'm referring to in the title? Hehe, it's pretty obvious. There'll be more development between the friendship of Yoona and Yuri. Then there'll be a revelation of Minho's decision in the coming chapters.  If you've noticed, I'd be switching from multiple points of views. It'll mostly be from Yoona's. As things are coming to an end, I hope you guys are still supporting the story! Do comment and subscribe! ^^