IV.

Beautiful Stranger

 

IV: The detachment of dreams and reality resembles you

 

 

  “If your best friend got together with your girlfriend, what would you do?” She asked carefully as her large doe-like eyes sparkled brightly in total contrast with the dark pitch-black night. 

  Jaejoong knew she wouldn't simply pose a mere hypothetical question. In fact, he knew very well what she was trying to imply. 

  “I'd probably chopped up the two of them before drowning myself here." He chuckled, attempting to lighten the mood.

  She was not one bit amused by his response, instead she was lost in her own thoughts, once again.

  "I was just joking, Yoona." He spoke up finally, drawing her attention as he wore a solemn expression on his flawless face. "I will go ahead and snatch my girlfriend back from my best friend."

  "You will?" She questioned, tilting her head towards him. 

  “I will." He answered without much hesitation, but his tone was firm. "I've to at least put up a good fight, before losing my girlfriend."

  "But you might end up hurting both of your best friend and your girlfriend."

  "That's true, and even myself too." He nodded his head, before continuing. "But, I'm actually most afraid of leaving regrets in the future. I don't want to lose someone I deeply loved without doing anything at all. Even if I did not end up with her, I can at least tell myself that, I've done my best and at the end of the day, we're just not meant to be."

  "I admire your courage, Jaejoong."

  She truly admired him, for being such a brave and frank person. Jaejoong was a man who never hides, not from the media nor his fans and of course, himself. He'd face every single problem, obstacle, adversity bravely and confidently. Unlike him, Yoona found herself at a loss when she lost her best friend she had trusted so much and the man she was so deeply in love with. 

  "And maybe, I should have done something too." She uttered softly, shifting her gaze towards the night sky.

  He followed her, setting his gaze on the same scenery. It was a starless night sky, and he caught the beautiful smile that had flickerd across her face. Instead of the breath-taking scenery, he found himself captivated by her mesmerizing beauty yet again.

 

  Sipping the cup of coffee in his hands slowly, Minho scratched his head helplessly. Sitting right across him was Yuri, who was in her disguise, wearing a black beanie and an extravagant sunglasses to cover her small face. He ought to be happy while spending time with his beautiful girlfriend, yet on the contrary, he was very unhappy.

  It was the icy-cold silence and intense tension in the air that enveloped the couple. Instead of having the rightful conversation they should be having, it was as though they were playing mind games with each other by keeping silent and staring at each other with daggers in their eyes. And, the one who spoke up first would probably be the loser. Nonetheless, she decided to give in to him, though reluctantly, finally breaking the uncomfortable silence which had kept them for at least an hour. 

  “Minho, how long are you going to keep silent?” She folded her arms slowly, raising an eyebrow as she threw her gaze at him.

  “I don’t know.” He shrugged, speaking rather nonchalantly. “I wasn't the one who asked you out at such late hours, Yuri.”

  His indifference had riled her up, being more frustrated than she already was. She took a large gulp of ice coffee, an attempt to calm herself down. Running a hand causally through her long wavy hair, she tried to maintain her calm composure. She was not planning to give in, afterall. She came with a motive in mind, and it was obvious, at least to him.

  “I don’t know why you’re wavering now, especially at this point of time. Isn’t it clear that you’ve chosen me?” She spoke up, once more. “As long as we’re happy together, nothing else matters.”  

 Minho’s face contorted to that of displeasure, disapproval and pain upon hearing her harsh words. He was doubtlessly handsome, with his angular sharp features and perfectly-sculpted face. His pair of eyes were mysteriously beautiful, yet somewhat cold.   

  “We are being very-”

  “No! Listen to me, Minho! We’re just fighting for our own happiness.” She shook her head, not letting him finish his sentence. “There’s nothing wrong with that.” 

  In fact, she was trying to convince herself. She could no longer distinguish between right or wrong, as she found herself at a loss as well. Yes, she was being selfish. Yes, she was being stubborn. Yes, she was being heartless. But it was all because of this man infront of her whom she truly loved. She had a million and one excuses to justify her actions, but only one reason which broke her down. She had hurt Yoona. 

  "Maybe, we should-"

  Before he could continue, she encircled her arms around his neck and he felt an addictive sensation.

  She kissed him.

  He did not stop her, though his words were cut off, yet again. Instead, he found himself responding to her, kissing her back passionately. As he tried to deepen their kiss, she drew herself away, much to his frustration.  

  "I love you, Minho."

 

  “Why did you let him go?”

  She was surprised, she truly was. And it was evident in her voice.

  “How did you-”

  “I just know.” He grinned sheepishly, gazing deeply into her mysteriously dark eyes. “And, you’ve yet to answer my question.”

  She inhaled slowly, closing her eyes for a moment. “I probably don’t even know the answer myself, Jaejoong.”

  “But I know, Yoona. You don’t want the both of them to be unhappy because of you, that’s why you chose to sacrifice yourself even if it hurts you. You're a fool, do you know that?”

  She flinched distinctively and he could clearly see the tears that brimmed in her doe-like eyes, threatening to fall out anytime. And almost instantly as he met her eyes, she looked away, avoiding his gaze. Even if she hated to admit it, she knew he was right.

  “Probably." 

  It pained him to see her being like this, for he knew she was stuck in those painful memories and it hurt her so badly to let it go. And if he was in the position of that man, he would cherish her so much. But, it could very well be a blessing in disguise, as she deserved someone better and it'd come to a day where that man would regret hurting her and letting her slip away. 

  And he was right.

 

A/N: Hello, an update finally! I hope you didn't forget this story. Don't you think there's like a mysterious aura between YoonJae? I love the invisible bond between them, It's like they're so close, yet so far at the same time! In this chapter, Minho and Yuri are back together. But if you realize, their conversation was going nowhere. And it ended with a kiss. It actually meant that the problem between Minho, Yoona and Yuri is not properly resolved yet. And that's because Minho is an indecisive man who wavers, just too much. He's very innocent and often gives in to Yuri, even if he's reluctant. On the other hand, Yuri is a strong person, a very decisive one, who wouldn't let anything stand between them even if it meant hurting her best friend. She call the shots and she's actually leading him, if you noticed. So, that's it! I'll update again, and hope you've enjoyed reading. Please comment & subscribe! ^^