III.

Beautiful Stranger

 

III: No matter how heavy the door is, I'll keep it open 

 

  "You're the biggest jerk ever." 

 

  Running a finger through his tousled hair wearily, he tossed his head backwards before giving a bitter smile. He probably agreed with that, too. The stinging pain on his cheeks reminded him of that day, when she caught them dating like a loving couple behind her back. She was angry, sad, disappointed, but more than that, he knew they had hurt her badly with their betrayal. As he touched his cheeks slightly, where the red mark was still evident on his face, he knew he had let her down. He was guilty, and he truly regretted.

  He remembered the first impression he had of her.

  When he first entered SM in the year of 2006, she was already a trainee for four years and was preparing for her debut the very next year. More than a stunning beauty she was now, she was actually more of an angel back then.   Even during trainee days, she was the center of attraction, just like how she was now. She was his sunbae, and he respected her. He found her to slightly unapproachable, as she was always hanging out with her Unnies. But that had not stopped him from approaching her, and very soon, their friendship blossomed. 

  He remembered how he could practically never take his eyes off her.

  The way she had stuffed full with food, the way her doe-like eyes had twinkled as he looked at her, the way she had smiled brightly when they first introduced themselves, the way she had giggled at his silly jokes, and the way she had encouraged him when he made a mistake, he was amused by all of them. He was attracted by how she'd never put on a pretence when she was with him.  

  He remembered how he got jealous of hs maknae. 

  When he debut in Shinee, there were frequently special stages with SNSD. Somehow, the fans would get excited over such collaboration. And to satisfy their anticipation he was always paired up with Yuri. Indeed, it created hot scandals for both groups. Because of various pairing such as 'MinYul', 'JongSica', gaining immerse popularity. But he was not one bit pleased with such arrangement. He did not like how TaeMin was paired with Yoona. To put it simply, he was jealous of the maknae.

  He remembered how she smiled beautifully when he confessed his feelings to her.

  His feelings towards her were almost known to everyone in SM, except herself. He had not intended to confess to her that day. But that day, when he gazed deeply into her undaunting eyes, he was drawn by her carefreeness. And he braced himself up, and ended up, confessing his love to her. To his surprise, she nodded her head, in a rather bashful manner. That day, they became a couple.  

  He remembered how they'd be happy by seeing each other.

  Being celebrities, it was expected that they could not date in public. They knew it from from the start, so they were very careful with their actions. They knew the undesirable consequences should they be caught by the media or paparazzi, but they were prepared to take the risk for they truly loved each other. With their clashing schedules and overseas trips, It was almost impossible to go out as a pair. Their relationship was probably maintained by texts and calls. As long as they could hear the other party's voice, they were contented. 

  He remembered how she'd be sad when her friend was feeling down.

  She was a kind-hearted girl, a very kind-hearted one. She was someone who would put others in front of herself. There was once when her best friend, Yuri, was crying during their promotions. She probably knew she was suffering from a heartache, because of a song she had written. It was 'Mistake' and to make her feel better, she stayed up late to comfort her and avoided meeting Minho, for the time being. For, she did not want her to see them being lovey dovey together. But, it never came to her realization that, that man she loved one-sidedly was Minho.

  And, he rememberd her face vividly when she caught her best friend together with her lover. 

  Her face was flushed red with anger. She was trembling, and the way she bit her lower lips, he knew she was suppressing her feelings. It was the first time he had seen her that mad. She did not create a scene, nor did she make things difficult for him. She could have asked him over and over again, she could have cursed him over and over again, she could have hit him over and over again. But she did not. She chose to walk away, without a word.   

  Those memories she given him, he had not forgotten any one of them. And he probably wouldn't, for the rest of his life. Those overwhelming emotions which was killing him, he could not differentiate them. He truly did not know.

 

  Almost instantly, he was jolted out of his reverie by the phone call. He knew who the caller was, and he knew she was persistant, despite the fact he had been avoiding her for days. He needed time for himself to think as well, he wanted some time alone. As he picked up the call, he was greeted by that demanding voice.   

 

  /Minho, you finally picked up the phone!/

  /My phone was probably dead./

  /And you can answer the call with a dead phone now?/

  /.../

  /I want to see you now./

  /No, I- /

  /Minho, I'm coming up your place now./ 

 /Yuri-/

  /Bye./

  /.../

 As he flicked his phone shut, he did not forget to curse under his breath.

 

  "Why do you come here every night?"

  "No particular reason. And, aren't you the same?" 

  He made no effort to rebutt her, and instead he chuckled softly at her witty response. As he closed his eyes to enjoy the pleasant sound of the waves crashing against the rocks, he pondered over what she had said. Initially, he was there to enjoy the serenity and the peace of the place. But now, he enjoyed her warm company and the way they took no more than a few sentences to understand each other, it was rather intriguing to him as well.

  "It's probably for the same reason, isn't it?" His lips curved into a light smile, as he gazed at her deeply. And he knew that someday, they'd would open up to each other.

  That was why, no matter how heavy the door was, he'd keep it open for her.

 

 

A/N: Hello, I've finally updated this story after such a long time! This chapter is mostly about the relationship between Minho, Yoona and Yuri, and a little development between Jaejoong and Yoona. I wanted to write more on YoonJae, but I decided to leave it to the next chapter. Do look forward to the next chapter :) I hope you've enjoyed reading, and not to forget, please comment and subscribe!