CHAPTER FIVE: FIRST MEETING (THAT'S WHAT SHE THINKS)

The Designer Meets The Baller

JG's P.O.V

So, this is it! I am going to watch the NBA game, in flesh and for free! For the first time I am going to meet the person I like, watch him live his dream and see how passionate he is.

I love watching passionate people. They inspire me the most. When I see someone so passionate about what he is doing I tend to keep a part of him in my heart, and someday, maybe I can also be passionate about what I like and love to do. That's why I love Jeremy Lin, he is so passionate about everything. He makes me want to keep track of the things I want to achieve. That someday I am going to be like him, I will live the dream. But people like me struggle everyday, it's hard.

The truth is I lack passion. I know I wanted to be a designer but looking back I totally chickened out. I never have the guts to pursue my dream back then. And that is the reason why I am in New York right now, to finally catch my dream.

Okay, enough of my drama, I am so hyped about the game that I dressed up. I am wearing a blue knicks Lin shirt, black skinny jeans and blue booties that I bought in a thrift store, the first time I set my eyes on it, I fell in love. To finish my killer outfit I match it with a white Michael Kors bag and a silver basketball-shaped ring. One last look on the mirror and I am all set.

I hail the infamous New York yellow taxi on my way to the garden. I can't keep still and my hands are sweating! Wow, I am that nervous. I shouldn't have been super stoked, now I am anxious to the core and biting my nails.

I alighted the taxi and I can totally hear the crowds booming cheers for the New York Knicks. Today, they are going to play against the Lakers. Last night I watch Kobe's video saying he doesn't know Jeremy Lin. His face and that line "who is Jeremy Lin?" keeps on replaying in my head and I am getting a little bit angry. I hope Jeremy Lin beats his a** so that he will know who Jeremy Lin is.

"Hey! JG, I am one of the managers in the Knicks and I am handling all our players guest and I am so pleased to finally meet the girl our boy is talking about"

I was about to enter the garden when someone from the Knicks management called me. What in the world is this? Am I being pranked? Really!

"Uhm? The girl your boy is talking about? You might have mistaken me as someone I am not? I replied.

"Ooops my bad! I was just kidding you look like someone I know, anyway I am also a friend of the guy named Jer as he told you, and he is asking me to take care of you while he plays, uhm.. I mean while he beats someone's ." He told me.

"If you don't mind is Jer a bad person? Last night we were running away from the cops! I do not want to be associated with a criminal or something like a mafia" I honestly told him. He was laughing like a lunatic and I do not know what to react all I heard was that he said that Jer will never ever be something like that and he is far from being a mafia leader. 

And he escorted me to the entrance of the MSG garden towards the front seat, and as we walk I could hear my heart beating and my ears can't hear anything...

---------------

Author's note: This is a really really short update because some of you guys have been requesting for it and I haven't had much time to write. I apologize for thus super late update. Next update will be Jeremy's point of view. Hope you like this update! :)