CHAPTER THREE: ARE YOU A CRIMINAL?

The Designer Meets The Baller

 

JG’s P.O.V

I was so shocked when Jer hold my hand and told me to run. Why are we running? But the way he holds my hand, careful and not tight, gives me an electrifying feeling. Hello heart! Stop beating fast, why are you being like this? You haven’t seen that man’s face, maybe he is a criminal that’s why you guys are running now.

I pulled my hand out of his grip and we stop running.

“Why are we running?!” I asked while panting

“I just saw someone.” He said while turning his back on me.

“Hey! Don’t you turn your back on me! Are you a criminal? Did you see a police near MSG? Is that the reason why we are running away?! Tell me! I need to know the truth, if I’m going to get killed today and if I will not fulfil my dreams. Tell me so I can prepare myself and say goodbye to New York City even if I just moved in here.” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

“Hahahahahahahahahaha! *literally laughing out loud* Why are you so paranoid?! I am not a criminal! You know what?  You’re the first girl who made me laugh like this! *laughing some more*” He said.

“Then what are you?! Who did you see?” I asked. I am really so annoyed that he is still laughing at me.

“I saw a friend.” He replied

This guy is a man of few words. I hate asking a lot of questions to people but he is different, I can’t help but ask questions.

“A friend? Then why are we running like that? Maybe she’s your girlfriend and you’re afraid to get caught.” I said.

“Girlfriend? Hahaha Are you serious? I don’t have one. I’m telling the truth, I saw a friend and he does not know that I’m with someone so we needed to ran away, okay?” He replied

“So, you’re afraid that your friend will see you with a girl?” I asked while rolling my eyes. That hurt my ego. I know I am not pretty but all my friends said I am beautiful and I don’t believe them but I think I don’t deserve to be treated like an invisible girl.

“No, it’s just that he’ll get shocked.” He said.

This guy! I don’t know what to say, I think I’ll just keep quiet instead of asking questions, I don’t want to get upset.

“Okay.” I said.

 

JEREMY’S P.O.V

“Okay” She said.

Why do I feel like she’s upset that I didn’t introduce her to my friend? Of course, Even if I want to, I can’t introduce her to Landry because she will eventually realize that the guy she’s talking to is none other than Jeremy Lin. I just want to keep my identity hidden from her. I want her to know me as JER and not Jeremy Lin of the New York Knicks.

“Hey! Why are you so quiet?” I asked.

“Nothing” She said.

“Oh by the way, Here’s your burger and fries, I am sorry that we needed to ran away like that. I swear, I really want to introduce you to my friend but I have reasons why I didn’t. I hope you understand.” I explained.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind.” She replied

 I hear a sad tone in her voice. It’s getting late, I still want to get to know her but I don’t want her to walk alone when it’s already dark. Sometimes, New York can be dangerous at night. I’ll tell her that I had a good time and I will ask for her number. *Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe!* SILLY brain! Stop playing that song in my head.

“Uhm, JG, you know it’s getting late, maybe you can eat that in your house.” I said.

“Oh yeah, but wait, can you show me your face?” She requested.

“No, I can’t. At the right time, I’ll show it to you. Do you mind if I get your number?” I asked. In return I gave her my number. *Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe* UGH. I SAID STOP PLAYING THAT SONG SILLY BRAIN!

She handed me a paper with her number on it. YES! Oh wait. Why am I so happy? Jeremy Lin, stop acting like you just had your first crush. I didn’t notice she started walking away.

“Hey Jer, I had a good time. I hope to see your face soon and see you around. Bye!” She said. Then she ran away. Wait!!! I haven’t got a chance to say goodbye to her.

Yeah JG, I’ll see you around. *Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe* UGH!!! THAT SONG IS SO ANNOYING. I think I just had a last song syndrome, because Melo played that song all day in the locker room. -_-

 

--To all the readers out there, who stumbled upon my story, I appreciate comments and I take criticisms positively, so please post comments. I would love to hear what you guys think about my story so that I can improve it. I hope you guys enjoy and please bear with me, I edit my own story so just be patient until I upload new chapters. :) Thanks a lot.