CHAPTER TWO: TOUR AROUND THE CITY

The Designer Meets The Baller

 

 

JG’s P.O.V.

Okay, so I just bumped into a tall guy who doesn’t want to pull his hoodie down. He is so weird. But I really think his voice is kind of familiar, I think I’ve heard it before but that’s impossible, he’s the first person I talked to here in New York.

“So where are we going?” I asked.

“huh?” He said.

With the sound of his voice, I think he is smiling, but I am not sure because I can’t see his face, I really wish he would pull his hoodie down.

“Where are we going?” I asked him again.

“Oh, I don’t know, I can’t think of a particular place in mind. Let’s just walk, but before that tell me your name and something about yourself.” He said.

Wow, this guy *shaking my head*. I kind of think he is a little demanding, but I don’t have a choice but to answer him, I don’t want to get killed, I’m still not sure if he is a nice guy.

“Uh-Uhm, I am JG, as I said a while ago, I just moved in here, if you’re going to ask me why, that’s because I am going to study Fashion Design.”

“Why here in New York, why not in France?” He asked

“Actually, we don’t have money, I just forced my mom to send me here, because I badly want to reach my dreams and now that I’m here I will not let the opportunity pass. I know God planned this for me.” I replied.

“You know what, you are something. Always believe in yourself and in God. Don’t let other people tell you what you can do or can’t do, okay?” He replied back

“Don’t let other people tell you what you can or can’t do? I think I’ve heard that from someone before” I said.

“*cough* *cough* Maybe you just heard it from a random guy out there trying to advise and inspire the youth today.” He said.

“Oh look! Madison Square Garden! I wish I could go there and watch a basketball game but that will never happen. I heard that watching a single game there is so expensive. I will never afford to watch my favourite team.” I told him

“New York Knicks is your favourite team? Who’s your favourite player then?” He asked

Wait!!! I really don’t know if I will tell this guy that my favourite player is Jeremy Lin but I will just lie a little to him, I don’t want this guy to think that I’m head over heels for Jeremy. So I replied...

“Tyson Chandler! You know, he’s so hot and he is the Defensive player of the year so yeah he is my favourite player!”

“Oh I see! Yeah, He ‘s good, part of the smart triangle, he said he “BRUNG” us together”. He replied, I can hear a sad tone in his voice.

“Us? What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Oh no, not us, I mean, He, Landry and Jeremy. The Smart Triangle” He said

“Oooh I see, So what’s your name hoodie guy?” I asked

 

JEREMY’s P.O.V.

“I see, So what’s your name hoodie guy?” She asked

Geez! I almost got busted by this girl! Now, she’s asking for my name. I can’t tell her that I’m Jeremy Lin. Honestly, I feel sad that I’m not her favourite player, there’s a part of me wishing that she would consider me as her favourite but sadly I’m not.

“ I am Jer--- I’m Jer, yes that’s it! I’m Jer” I said.

“Jer? Why does it sound like you just made up your name right now?” She asked suspiciously.

“No! I didn’t! My name is Jer” I said. Then I heard a stomach growling.

“Sorry, I’m hungry hehehe” She said.

“Wait, stay here, I’m going to buy you food” I said.

“But I already owe you for spilling a smoothie on your jacket, please let me buy my food.” She bargained

“No, it’s alright” I replied.

So I decided to go to Shake Shack and ordered two burgers and fries. All the crew there know me, and they started asking why am I buying two burgers and fries, I just told them that I am so hungry I need to eat a lot. But they are getting suspicious.

“Hey Jeremy! Why are you ordering food for two? Are you dating someone secretly?” A crew asked.

“What?! No, I told you I’m so hungry. Can you please prepare the food a little faster?” I replied

“Then why are you in a rush?” He asked again.

“Landry’s waiting for me!” I lied.

“Are you sure Jeremy? I think another person is waiting for you?” He teased.

“NO, Is that my order? “ I handed him the money “Keep the change!” I said as I grab the food and walk out of Shake Shack.

I went back to the place where I left her but I can’t find her. Where is that girl?

“JG! JG!” I shouted. I’m starting to worry about her. She’s new here; I know she hasn’t familiarized herself with the places here in New York.  I’m about to go crazy, but I saw her looking intently at my picture posted outside the garden.

“Hey! JG!  I thought you got lost in the city.” I sighed. “Why are looking at Jeremy Lin’s picture? Aren’t you supposed to look at Chandler’s?” I asked with plain curiosity.

“huh? What? No! I’m not looking at Jeremy Lin’s picture.” She said

“If you say so, but I just saw you looking at him intently, I thought your favorite player is Chandler?” I replied. I'm such a tease right? But I really wonder why she is looking at my picture. Again, I heard a stomach growling.

“Haha, how come you stomach growls so loud? You're just a thin and tall girl, I don’t think you eat a lot.” I said

“As an old cliché said, don’t judge the book by its cover, I may be thin and tall but I eat like an elephant” She said while laughing.

Her laugh is pleasing to my ears.  Wait, why am I acting like this? No, Jeremy, you just met this girl. Don’t you dare fall in love with anyone right now. Again, I’m in deep thought, I didn’t see Landry and Elaine coming out from the MSG, Landry saw me and about to call me but I pull JG’s hand and we run away.