CHAPTER FOUR: SURPRISE

The Designer Meets The Baller

JG's P.O.V

Waking up in New York is probably one of the best things that has happened in my life. Yesterday's experience was thrilling! I met someone, he said his name is Jer. I will consider him as my first ever friend in the concrete jungle. He got my number but he didn't even try to send me a message so I guess he just wanted someone he can talk to yesterday. Not that I mind. I can still meet a lot of new people here in New York! :) I wonder how this day will go? I haven't enrolled in any fashion school yet. Mom said I should at least take my time and enjoy the city and if ever Fashion Design is really not something that I wanted I could always go back to where I came from.

"Buzz buzzz buzzz" I sighed. There I go again, brain drifting to elsewhere I didn't even hear someone's buzzing my doorbell. I stand behind the door and peek at the hole only to find Ms. Anderson smiling from ear to ear. I decided to open it. I know old people do not like waiting.

"Hi there! Ms. Anderson, what brings you here this early?" I curiously asked.

"I did not know you can make friends in your new place that easy." She said. "Here." Handling me a small box, a small card can probably fit in it. "I forgot to ask the person's name so I do not know who gave you that, I'm sorry. But he is kind of familiar I think I've seen him somewhere. I am probably forgetful due to my old age. She added.

"Oh, that's okay Ms. Anderson. I do understand. Thanks a lot!" I chirped, my voice getting a little excited than usual.

When Ms. Anderson left I can't help but think if this is some kind of a joke. Well, getting a package in a city where I do not know anyone except from Jer is weird. Am I being pranked? Did someone follow me last night? I would not know the answer if I did not open the box, right?

I try to open the box really slow. I am a prankster myself so I would know if someone put a cockroach inside the box. "Oh my gooooooooooosh!!!! This can't be! Is this for real?!" I am right now squealing and jumping up and down like a little girl.

I got a COURTSIDE TICKET to the NBA game later this evening at MSG! A COURTSIDE TICKET, behind the players! Who in their sane mind would give me something like this?! I instantly pray to God thanking whoever guardian angel He sent to give me a ticket. I will now see Jeremy Lin and what's the best part of it?! For free! I have to get ready!!!!

 

JEREMY's P.O.V

Little did JG know I followed her last night. I am not being a stalker as I said New York is dangerous at night, not only here, of course every place is dangerous at night especially if you're a girl walking alone. I left immediately as soon as I saw her enter her place. Her place is not that bad if I am not a basketball player I would also choose to live there, it's simple and it has a nice view. We actually have the same taste.

Remembering what she said yesterday. I decided to drop by at her place to at least give her a piece of my gratitude. I mean who would walk and talk to someone they do not know if not blackmailed? I technically blackmailed her but I was just teasing.

I alighted from my volvo and ring the doorbell, an old woman, in her mid 60's greeted me. " Yes dear? Do you need anything? She asked.

"I am JG's friend and would you mind if you give this to her? It's a gift from me because she helped me yesterday." I said while smiling from ear to ear.

"Helping is contagious and smiling from ear to ear is contagious too. It's my pleasure to help you handsome young man. Perhaps do you have a girlfriend?" She asked.

I blushed. Then I laughed heartily because of the old woman's deadpan humor. "Thanks for helping me beautiful woman, but I think my heart is reserved to someone already. Have a great day. It was nice talking to you but I need to go. Next time I visit I'll make sure to bring something for you too" I bid goodbye to the old woman who's now smiling from ear to ear.

I wonder how will JG react, if she finds out what's in the box? I drive away to MSG while looking forward for the event to unfold later this evening.

 

---------

Author's note: I haven't updated ever since Jeremy moved to Houston, I still support him. I have to do some alterations to the story. Readers we are heading to Houston! :) Bear with me I need to at least establish the story that started in New York. Please do comment and vote if you still want me to continue this. :)