TECHNICALLY A NEW YORKER

The Designer Meets The Baller

 

JG’s P.O.V

Touched down New York! My dream city, I can’t believe this is happening. I have always wanted to be here since birth, the people here are so gorgeous. Okay, so I’m not here to relax or have a vacation, I’m here to study Fashion Design. It’s my dream and now I’m finally pursuing it! After a very long negotiation with my mom. It’s hard, people like us who don’t have a lot of money really struggle to pursue their dreams, I don’t know why people always have problems with money but I believe the Mighty Father up there will provide for everything people need, they just have to wait and be content with what they have. By the way I’m JG, not your typical girl, I guess? I’m here in a town, where I don’t know a single soul but it gives me this giddy feeling that I will enjoy this new adventure. But, I think I know a single soul in this town, the guy named Jeremy, but he does not know me. I always watch his games on TV, and he’s a basketball player, someone who people think highly of. I’ve been crushing on him for like years and I know he will never set his eyes on me, I’m nobody. Anyway, enough of this drama, I need to get going; the landlady of my new apartment will not be pleased if I arrive late.

“You’re fifteen minutes late!” said Ms. Anderson. 

“I got lost, sorry”. I replied to the angry white-haired, tall and thin woman in front of me.

“Lame excuse, you know what you’re wasting my time, here’s your apartment key, I told you not to be late because I still need to go to a party” she replied.

“Again, I’m sorry, I did get lost, I’m new to this city, and you don’t expect me to memorize the whole place in a short span of time, right?” I calmly told her.

 “Whatever! Go to your apartment now!” She said.

 I decided to follow what she said, I don’t want to argue with this woman because she will ruin my whole day and besides who in the world goes to a party at 11 a.m. in the morning?! I remember my mom warning me that there are a lot of weird people in New York, and I can’t help but think Ms. Anderson is one of them.

So my apartment is located at the 7th floor, the view in here is spectacular. I got the whole floor to myself plus a rooftop. Basically, I’m still blessed I can afford this type of apartment even though we are not that rich. I don’t want to unpack my things yet because when I start unpacking the whole place will turn into a mess.

 “hmmm, I think I’ll just wander around the city” I said to myself out loud. One thing you should know about me, sometimes I can’t help but talk to myself out loud, I’m not crazy but I think when I do that it encourages me a lot *talking about the girl with a low self-esteem*.

 I pulled out a blue v-neck shirt, black skinny jeans and a white leather jacket to keep me warm when I walk outside the cold streets of New York and for my feet I wear a Loubotin black spiked High top shoes. Another thing you need to know about me, I’m a fashionista but I keep it simple, I don’t have money to buy designer clothes, shoes and bags but if there’s a special occasion like my birthday, mom will buy designer stuff for me. I let my long black hair flow over my shoulders. I look in the mirror and check my whole outfit. Okay, I’m good to go.

JEREMY’s P.O.V.

“Okay, you guys can go now”. Mike Woodson said. I want to practice more but I feel the urge to wander around the city again or maybe I’m just so hungry that I crave for Shake Shack’s Burger and Fries. 

“Hey! Landry, you want to come with me?” I asked my best friend.

“Oh, Jeremy, I’m sorry I have a date with Elaine, maybe next time.” Landry said.

 Okay, so when my best friend got a girlfriend he always ditches me. I seriously didn’t think Landry would date that kind of girl but I guess I have no right to oppose to that, I’m just his best friend.

 I decided to walk since I haven’t seen the city for awhile, New York is still amazing as ever.  I put my hoodie up so that people on the street will not recognize me, but with my height I doubt it. Sometimes I still need privacy but when Linsanity happened, a lot of people watch every move I make. I got hundreds of girls proposing their love for me, people asking for pictures and autographs. I know I’m blessed sometimes I feel lonely though, once in a while I pray to find the girl God has prepared for me, enough of my random thoughts. I think I just bumped a girl.

“Ouch! That hurts!” the girl said. I noticed that this girl has a good fashion style, she wear nice clothes, maybe she can be my stylist, I chuckled, since a lot people know I’m not a fashionista.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked.

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t really see you, I was in deep thought. I didn’t mean to bump you or anything” I said.

“I’m fine, but I think I spilt my smoothie on your jacket. I didn’t mean to! I don’t have money to replace your jacket. I’m so sorry. She said while pouting her lips.

I look down on my jacket, she really spilt her smoothie on me. Actually, I don’t mind but I find her cute. So I decided that I’m going to a little.

“No, miss. Replace my jacket or I’ll call the police” I said.

“What?! You are going to call the police just because of that jacket? I didn’t think people here in New York are that rude. I honestly just moved in here, I don’t know a single soul in this city and my family is far away from me. I didn’t plan to go to jail because of a jacket, and do you mind if you pull your hoodie down because I don’t like it when I’m talking to people and I can’t see their face.” She said a little annoyed.

“ HAHAHA, okay miss, I was just kidding, do me a favor, come with me I just want to have some company today, let’s walk around the city but with one condition, I will not pull my hoodie down.” I said and I don’t want the media to bash on this girl if they ever see me with her, I know they will write articles like “Jeremy Lin’s rumoured girlfriend” or “Jeremy Lin out with a girl”. I have this feeling that I need to protect this girl from anyone, since she mentioned that she just moved in here.

“Me? Coming with you? Are you insane? I don’t even know if you’re a nice guy. You don’t even want to pull that hoodie down. No, i’m not coming with you. Maybe if you are Jer- err, I will come with you but you’re not so NO.” The girl said.

Jer- who? I think this girl got a crush on someone here in New York. But I really want someone to walk with me today; I’m going to tease this girl a little more.

“You don’t want to come with me? Okay, that’s it I’m going to call the police.” I teased

“Okay- waaaait!!! I’m going to come with you but promise me that YOU WILL NEVER HURT ME. You will never do anything bad to me and you need to show me your face after I walk with you around the city.” She negotiated.

“Okay then!” I said but I will not show my face to you.  People should never see me with you because I’m protecting you from them.