Chapter 2

Angel or Demon

 

 

-So you're saying that she has amnesia?

 

The room became silent after Myungsoo's question. Kai looked incredulously at his friend’s dad, never in his life had he witnessed such a thing.  . Myungsoo, Kai and the kids  were now looking at Do-Jin  ,who had spent the night at the clinic examining her ,waiting for an explanation.

 

-Yes and a rare type too. Normally people can't remember past or recent memories but in her case she completely forgot her identity. I checked her body for injuries and I found a bump on her head, I think that may be the reason for her amnesia but this could also be caused by a traumatic experience - Do-Jin whispered.

 

 - So she forgot everything? - Kai asked pitying the girl , she must be terrified.

 

- For a person who suffers from this type of amnesia they may forget the details of personal identity, but still retain learned skill such as the ability to play the piano , they are also able to remember general knowledge.

 

- And what are you planning to do Dad?-  Myungsoo glanced at the girl. She was sitting on a pristine white bed , her summer dress torn and dirty ,  her endless legs swinging  from side to side as she looked curiously at her surroundings .

 

-Well I was thinking of taking her to our house. We never know when her memories might come back. And besides she doesn't have anywhere to go. - Do-Jin's frown became more pronounced as he thought about the girl.  There was something abnormal about her behavior she didn't seem frighten at all actually she looked rather calm for someone who didn't remember anything.

 

- We don't even know who she is dad, for all we know she could be a thief or a psycho - Myungsoo's eyes followed the girls every move , she got up from the bed gracefully and  studied the portrait of the Kim family , her back facing them.

 

Jin-Ho smiled greasily - I think she's pretty! I like her!- Kai gave him a slap in the head but still grinned with fondness at his brother.Suddenly Han-Bi gasped as she looked at the girl.

 

- She must be an angel!! That explains so much … the fact that she came from nowhere , like she fell from the sky and also the fact she can’t remember anything! - Han-Bi's eyes twinkled in excitement. She had always been a creative child who had no problem thinking outside the box. She always believed in angels , fairies and other magical creatures .Myungsoo blamed his mother for incentivizing such things   -  L she can't be a bad person if she is an Angel! Myungsoo merely rolled his eyes.

 

- She can because she isn't one, Princess.

 

Han-Bi looked at her brother stubbornly -Yes she is! You shouldn't be like this L. Imagine how sad she must be because she can't go back to Heaven!-Myungsoo refrained himself from telling her the truth. If thinking that the girl was an angel would make her happy, so be it.

 

- You’re right princess she must be very sad - Do-Jin ruffled his daughters hair as she beamed at him. -Well I guess it's decided then! She will live with us.

 

- Yay!! - Han-Bi started jumping up and down, and Myungsoo gave his dad a reprehensive stare, Do -Jin simply shrugged in helplessness, he just couldn't say no to his adorable daughter.

 

Han-Bi ran happily to the girl’s side and cautiously too her hand   , Suzy blinked in surprise but then gave a dazzling smile that stunned Han-Bi.

 

-Hi ! My name is Han-Bi what's yours? - Everyone but Jin-Ho frowned at her question, it was a harmless interrogation for the kids since they didn't fully understand the situation , they all looked as the girl's smile faltered.

 

-I ... I don't know

 

Han-Bi gave her a curious look but smiled again

 

- Then can I give you a name? - Suzy nodded her head furiously and Han-Bi giggled .-  Well how about Angel ? You're beautiful and you also resemble one of the paintings of an angel I have in my book about magical creatures.

 

-Yah Kim Han-Bi you can't just go around giving names to strangers!

 

The little girl stuck her tongue out to her brother - Watch me ! - She said with attitude -Besides what are planning on calling her? You can't just call a person "yah" you know.

 

- I like it - Suzy said her eyes twinkling . - It's a pretty name.

 

- Come on I'll introduce you to everyone. - She gave Suzy's warm hand a squeeze and brought her to the center of the room where everyone was gathered.

 

- This old man right here is my daddy but I usually call him Doc because he heals people -Do-Jin  gave her a warm smile- then we have Jin-Ho and Kai , they're brothers , Jin Jin is my best friend and Clown over here is my brother's friend.- Suzy smiled brightly at the two .

 

-And last but not least my brother Myungsoo or if you prefer L . -Suzy looked at the man in front of her and the minute their eyes connected she froze. His dark eyes pierced right through her soul but still Suzy looked at him defiantly  not breaking visual contact.

 

Myungsoo didn't like this situation one bit nor did he enjoy the way her brown eyes were tracing every part of his face , making his hands sweat and his heart beat faster. He liked to be in charge of things and at this moment he didn’t  even have an ounce of self control.  They stared at each other not paying attention to anyone else.

 

Control yourself Myungsoo. Act normally, don't just stare like a moron, greet her .

 

- Hi , welcome to our humble village - he said outstretching his hand so she could shake it but  Suzy stared at it blinking in oblivion and then looked back at his perfect face.

 

- Here Angel you just have to put your hand on his, like this.

 

Suzy blushed profoundly, at the physical contact she bit her plump bottom lip and she locked  eyes with him for what seemed like forever

 

- Ahem , ahem !!! - They immediately stopped shaking hands and looked at Jin-Ho , who had a huge grin plastered on his face.

 

- I have an "owie" on my lip. Will you kiss it and make it better? - Suzy stared at the child in confusion and everyone but Myungsoo laughed at Jin-Ho's pick up line.

 

- Silly , that way you will never  get a girlfriend Jin Jin . - Han-Bi said patting him in the back

 

- Well there isn't anything more that I can do for her . Don’t worry Angel time will make you remember, I’m sure . So why don't you all take her for a tour around the village? I have to get back to work.

 

They all nodded and walked outside . Han-Bi and Jin-Ho were strolling hand in hand in front of Suzy who was at Kai's side.

 

- Well as you can see this is a humble  and simple village , we might not be  grandiose  in size but our people are one of the most hardworking . I must warn you though we aren’t really used to strangers so you might have a hard time adjusting. Our main source of Profit is unff - Kai elbowed his friend's side and gave him a hard look.

 

- Myung !! Can't you see that you're making her uncomfortable! What's wrong with you? You're acting strange. - He hissed. Myungsoo shrugged indifferently. He normally wasn’t like this, he was gentle and calm but for some reason this girl made his blood boil.

 

-Angel do you like banana milk?- Jin-Ho asked bug-eyed .Han-Bi sighted

 

- Jin Jin! She doesn't know if she likes it , remember ?

 

Suzy gave them a small smile.

 

-What is it ? Can I try it?

 

The children nodded eagerly and gave her the drink .She hesitantly took a sip and her eyes closed in delight

 

- Mmmm this is so good!- she said radiantly as she tasted more of the delicacy .

 

- Wahhh Angel you're so cute - Han-Bi said.

 

They walked in silence for a while savoring the drinks and the beautiful scenery but a shriek of excitement broke the peacefulness.Out of nowhere at least 20 girls from all ages came running at them at full speed.

 

-, here we go again - Kai muttered.

 

Suzy grew agitated as she watched the crowd of wild girls coming nearer and nearer -Wha...What is happening?

 

- Let's just say that lover boy here has a lot of fan girls. - She gave Kai an inquiring look and he tried to explain once again.- To put it mildly  they’re crazy .

 

Suzy looked franticly at the girls and became more disoriented,  abruptly someone grabbed her wrist and dragged her away . She gave a small cry of surprise and looked the person´s back.

 

-  Run or else they will catch up to us –Myungsoo brusquely said.

 

They immediately took off at full speed. Suzy glanced at the girls and saw Kai trying to distract them . She didn't know where Myungsoo was taking her but she didn't mind , the wind on her face and L's big , protective hand felt too good . After a few minutes of running they slowed down and she recognized the same beach from yesterday.

 

Myungsoo  got on his knees gasping for air, Suzy sat on the soft sand and tried to steady her erratic heart.

 

-Are you ok?

Suzy nodded absentmindedly, she was a bit intimidated by Myungsoo he seemed angry at her all the time, so she tried not to talk to him. She was afraid to annoy him or upset him further.  Her thoughts were interrupted by his soft voice.

 

-Look, I'm sorry for being an at you earlier. I didn't want you to feel unwelcomed I was just a bit taken aback by this whole situation. So I sincerely apologize.

 

- No, no. – She said moving her hands in a cute manner-I should be the one to ask for forgiveness.

 

-Then I guess we are even- he said smiling.

 

It was the first time he had really smiled at her and she was completely breathless for awhile.

 

-I guess so - she whispered.

 

Myungsoo was trying to create a better mood , she hadn’t done anything to upset him so he decided to be nice to her and forget those unpleasant feelings.

 

-So shall we start again?

 

Suzy slightly cocked her head the side and studied him. He reached his hand once again and she took it gladly giving him one of her lovely smiles.

 

-Hi! My name is Myungsoo and I’m 18

 

-Hi my name is Angel and I’m … I’m …  - Myungsoo watched her pained expression. .

 

-I can’t even remember my age, how pathetic am I.- Suzy laughed but her eyes were sad

 

-It’s ok, give it time one day you will remember. You know, my dad is one of the best doctors in Korea, so if he says you will be fine then you will be.

 

Suzy could feel her tears threatening to fall so she looked at the bright blue sky.  

 

- Can you do me a favor? - He nodded once - Tell me more about your village and the people that live in it. I want to know everything.

 

Myungsoo could see she was fighting the urge to cry and he wanted to distract her so he began  describing everything in detail for Suzy the houses , his family even the crazy girls from earlier. She rested her head on her knees and watched as he eagerly talked about his beloved family . She closed her eyes for a moment imagining every place and person until weariness took control and she fell asleep.

 

-And once Kai pranked Mr. Lee who is my math teacher . It was epic.- he laughed heartily at the memory and looked at Suzy but she was already in dreamland.  He took the moment to look at her sleeping face

 

 

By god she is beautiful .

He rested his eyes on her heart shaped lips.  She was smiling slightly, as though she was having happy dreams. Her eyes were closed, dark lashes standing out against porcelain white skin. A faint blush rested on her chubby cheeks. He shook his head in annoyance, she was angelic, yes, but he had Sohee  whom he adored. And he wouldn't trade her for anything.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys !!! Sorry for taking so much time to update but my aunt from Venezuela came to visit  therefore I had little time to uptade ....

In other news our lovely Suzy won the 20's choice Female Movie Star

  

Can't control feels at all and gosh her performance with Busker Busker was amazing I seriously love those guys.

Well hope you enjoy the chapter ... it didn't turn out how I wanted it to.But oh well