Chapter 3

Angel or Demon

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo looked lazily at the big sun that was partially cloaked by clouds painted in hot pinks, reds and even hints of purples and blues. The sun was so large that he felt he could almost touch it. After much staring and thought Myungsoo grabbed Suzy bridal style and took her to his house ,his steps were slow and silent to not wake her up , but he immediately  noticed she was deep asleep, she didn't stir once .

 

She must be exhausted.

 

The temperature had dropped considerably and unknowingly Suzy got closer to Myungsoo seeking warmth , he frowned as she shivered lightly . He could see his house  now so he quickened his steps. The house had been designed by his mother and built with the help of the villager’s when he was 5 , it was a mixture of rustic with modern and it was located near the town’s forest. Some of Myungsoo’s most unforgettable childhood memories happened there. Sometime later he was finally at his house’s door , he rang the bell once and shortly after the door opened revealing his mother's worried face.

 

- Kim Myungsoo ! Where were you? It's almost dinner time! Kai had to bring your sister home an...

 

-Sorry mom, she fell asleep and I had to carry her here.-His mother finally saw the girl in his arms and stopped blabbering.

 

-I really thought something bad had happened to you. -She sighted in relief.-And your father already told me what happened. Poor girl – She gave Suzy a pitying look -I cleaned the guest room so she can sleep in it go put her there , she needs to rest.

 

-Ok. - Myungsoo walked up the stairs to his favorite part of the house, the guest room. He opened the wooden door and was greeted by a loud creak. Three years ago his mother had decided to add this room to the house, it was spacious and there were huge shelves full of books, the big windows allow full view of the forest giving the  room a serene and relaxing environment. Myungsoo often came to this room to paint or read and forget about everything ,it was his little heaven.  He placed her carefully in the single bed and covered her with a blanket. She gave a small whimper at the loss of his touch; he patted her head carefully and exited the room, ironic how his Heaven now had an Angel.He passed the kitchen were his mother was preparing dinner and he watched amused as his sister ordered his father ,telling him how he should put the table.

 

She gave a small shriek -Don’t put the napkin that way dad! It has to be pretty for Angel!

 

-Well hate to bring you bad news princess but Angel is sleeping. – Myungsoo said and Han-Bi’s face lost its sparkle.

 

-What?! But I wanted to eat with her! Doc, can’t we wake her up? – She gave his father her best dazzling smile that he simply  could not contradict .

 

-Afraid not princess, she needs to rest.-His father replied avoiding her eyes.

 

His mother appeared from the kitchen holding a plate with salad -Yes , but she also needs to eat .We don’t know when was the last time she ate.-She said worrying once again.

 

-You got a point there

 

-Ok , ok I’ll go wake her up –Myungsoo  declared with an annoyed face . He walked at a snail's pace thinking about random things.

 

- Aahhhhh

 

Myungsoo jolted shocked as he heard a cry of pure fear, he darted to the guest room to see Suzy weeping and trashing uncontrollably .Myungsoo stood at the door not knowing what to do, only staring as tears poured down her haunted face and stained the bed’s covers

 

-Dad … please, no haaaaa. –He finally couldn’t take it anymore and went to her side.

 

-Angel! Angel wake up, it’s only a dream!- he shook her hard and her eyes opened in a flash but it seemed as if she hadn’t noticed his presence , her eyes were glazed , her tears flowing nonstop .

 

-Why dad? – She sobbed, shaking wildly -Why?

 

-Angel, Stop it! Is just a nightmare you have to wake up!-  her eyes began to focus and  he became motionless afraid of scaring her – Are you alright Angel?

 

-Myungsoo? – She murmured her voice hoarse from all the crying and screaming .

 

-Yes, It’s me. –He looked at her concerned – Are you all right? You were having nightmare.

 

-I think I am, but I can’t actually remember much of the dream. It was weird. I just felt this huge despair- she said her face scrunching in concentration- there was a person standing there not doing anything ,a man , I think- a tear rolled down her porcelain  cheek- I screamed and cried for help but he just … didn’t move.

 

She was calling for her Dad , maybe she remembered something.

 

-Don’t worry ok - she looked vulnerable and ready to break at any moment, he looked at her kindly and wiped her tears with his thumb, his heart always ached when a woman cried it made him remember his mother’s wails when her father had died. –Don’t cry Angel, it doesn’t suit you.-they gazed at each other as he continued to wipe her tear stained cheeks.

 

There was a soft knock on the door and Myungsoo got up from the bed, his ears red from embarrassment. He heard his sisters muffled voice from behind the door -L! Can I come in?

 

-Sure, princess .

 

-Yah! What is taking you so long the food is getting cold. Oh! Angel you’re awake! –She said running to her side-That’s wonderful now you can have dinner with us .

 

-That would be magnificent, I’m starving- As if on cue her stomach growled and they laughed.

 

-Wait Angel why are your eyes puffy? – Myungsoo and Suzy exchanged looks.

 

-She slept too much, that’s why – he replayed and Suzy nodded.

 

-Oh, ok then. Come on let’s eat!!- she said jumping excitedly.

 

The dinner was simple but to Suzy it was purely exquisite she ate the meal quickly not even savoring it properly, she was too hungry for that. Everyone was looking as she almost ate the whole thing by herself.

 

-Sorry for not giving you food before Angel you must have been starving.-Doo-Jin was smiling sympathetically and Suzy chocked on the piece of steak she was eating, Han-Bi gently patted her backside .

 

-No, no you’re already doing so much for me! I’m sorry for eating so rudely and for barging in your lives like this. I must be a nuisance but I promise that one day I will make sure to repay your kindness.

 

-Oh honey we are helping you because we want to, you are no nuisance to us- Ga-in said with a maternal stare - besides is good for the village to have a new face around. I’m sure you will make things more pleasurable around here.

 

-Yes and you can also play with me, you’re like the sister I never had Angel – Han-Bi grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. Suzy felt her heart swell with joy, she could see that this family cared for her even though they didn’t know her at all , she beamed happily at them.

 

-I have an idea! Why don’t you go to school tomorrow with Myungsoo?- Doo-Jin proposed after thinking for a while- Myungsoo’s eyes bulged in shock -What?!

 

-Why? You don’t think it’s a good idea?-Doo-Jin asked -- You don’t have to worry about explaining her  situation I’m sure that by now everyone knows about it-he looked at Suzy complainingly -   you see Angel secrets are impossible to keep around here.

 

-It’s not about that – Myungsoo retorted crossly. Doo-Jin glanced at his son in surprise, he wasn’t the kind of boy to respond so rudely at his parents he usually just smiled and never showed his anger.

 

This girl is already making things interesting

 

-Then what is it about?

 

Myungsoo played with the food in his plate and avoided his family’s quizzical looks.He also refrained himself from saying his inner thoughts.  The problem is simple Boys, they are the problem. I know how teenage boys can be, I’m one of them for God’s sakes. The boys in school are all and brainless, throw Angel in the mixture and they would go wild for sure

-If you’re embarrassed I don’t have to go- Suzy spoke softly not looking at him.

 

-No I was just thinking that … that it might be difficult for you to understand the classes- he said lamely .

 

-I’m sure that if Angel doesn’t understand something everyone in class won’t mind helping her out.

 

Oh I’m sure they won’t mind at all they will even thank the heavens for such opportunity.

 

They spent several hours speaking and having a nice time, Suzy was entertaining and everyone was already treating her like family , well almost everyone Myungsoo was silent most of the time merely observing every one.

 

-Oh dear It’s already past midnight and you kids have school tomorrow. You should sleep , Myungsoo give Angel one of my pajamas.-He nodded distracted  and took Suzy to his mother’s room .He tried to give her the least provocative but his mother had odd taste in pajamas they were either too y or too warm to use in Spring , he finally settled for a cute white cami  and boy shorts .

 

-Here you can use this one , your room is right in front of mine and if you want you can take a shower , you have a bathroom in our room.

 

-Mmmm do you want to take a shower together?-Myungsoo stopped walking, immediately imagining what  she had proposed as he became redder and redder by the minute.

 

-Do..do you know what a shower is? – he saw her innocent expression-You can’t say that Angel a shower is a private thing an…Suzy laughed heartily and he saw how her naive eyes were now playful.

 

-Oh god , you should have seen your face ! –the laughter eventually died down and she got closer to him, she her lips the mere sight of her red little tongue setting him on fire-Don’t worry Myungsoo ah I know what a shower is, I was just teasing you– and with that she left closing the door in his face. 

 

Myungsoo stood there for a few minutes trying to comprehend what just happened

 

Did Angel just flirt with me?!

 

He went to his own room , sat down on his bed and abruptly an unwanted thought came to his mind.

 

Tomorrow Angel will meet Sohee. , kill me now!

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

Finally an update !!! hehe sorry for the delay but on the bright side Myungsoo and Suzy are more close!!

I'm on my vacation mode : reading and going to the beach , are you guys on vacations or not?

Feel free to talk to me whenever you want !

 

But seriously now I do love you all!

Love and kisses Bubblygirl35.