Chapter 5

Angel or Demon

Chapter 5

 

Myungsoo was standing at the entrance hall waiting restlessly for the two girls to join him, he looked at the wall clock and began tapping his foot loudly, it was already late and for Mr. Hong his literature teacher tardiness was an atrocity.

 

It’s a surprise Kai hasn’t arrived yet

 

As soon as he thought that he heard a soft knock on the door.

 

Talk of the devil and in he comes.

 

He opened the door and saw Kai on the other side breathing heavily while Jin-Ho drank his banana milk tranquilly and waved at him.

 

-Sorry…we…are…late-he said between gasps. Myungsoo stared at his best friend strangely he usually wore simple clothes but today he seemed to want to impress someone. Kai wore a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket that had probably seen better days, new jeans and his favorite bicker boots.

 

-Why are you wearing a jacket?  Its spring you know, the weather is hot.-Kai blushed and looked away.

 

-He wants to impress Angel, but I think she won’t even notice him with me by her side- Jin-ho replied sympathetically while Kai gave him a murderous look, he was about to reply to his bubbly brother but stopped abruptly , his mouth hanging open. Myungsoo’s eyebrows rose at his best friend’s expression, he turned around and found the source of Kai’s astonished face. Suzy was descending the stairs, the summer dress that Myungsoo had gotten her accentuated  her curvy body, her thick wavy hair was styled in a high ponytail highlighting her striking face features, she even had lip gloss and mascara on.

 

-L , stop staring like a creep and Clown clean your drool ! – Han-Bi shouted and gave them both a mischievous look as she held Suzy’s hand.

 

Jin-Ho waved his brows flirtatiously -Am I dead, Angel? Cause this must be heaven!- Everyone gagged but Suzy laughed heartily at his pick up line. Kai shook his head.

 

-Really sometimes I wonder if we really are brothers Jin-Ho. Where did you even learn that one?

 

Jin-Ho shrugged indifferently – At least I made her laugh not like you guys who are only ogling.-Suzy snorted, she was now standing in front of them.

 

-So are we going? –Suzy cheerfully said. Myungsoo shook his head in disapproval

 

What was I thinking?! That dress will only attract more attention, next time I’ll give her the ugliest clothes I can find.

 

 -Let’s just go – Myungsoo murmured, he took his back pack and gave Han-Bi hers.

 

-I did her makeup isn’t it pretty.- Han-Bi said while they were walking , Kai gave her a toothy grin and nodded.-But you guys have to help her she doesn’t know how to walk properly in heels.

 

-Then why did she wear them? We are going to school not a fashion show.

 

Suzy looked at the ground ashamed; she had wanted to use the heels because Han-Bi said that men liked them.

 

I wore them because of you, you moron.

 

After leaving the kids in the kindergarten they hurriedly went to school but before they could enter the classroom Myungsoo stopped them. It seemed that classes had already begun as the flat voice of the teacher could be heard from outside.

 

-Kai give me your jacket –he ordered , Kai took his leather jacket apprehensively but still obliged and handed it to Myungsoo , who put it over Suzy protectively .

 

- Use this, it’s for the best- he spoke softly as he zipped the jacket all the way up, his cold hand grazing her collarbone in the process making both of them shudder in delight.

 

She looked at the classrooms door in shame, - I look ridiculous, don’t I?

 

Myungsoo grabbed her shoulders -Nonsense, you look anything but ridiculous. I’m just a little nervous because my friends can be a bit … crazy, so do me a favor and stay by my or Kai’s side ok? – She nodded glancing at him.

 

-Perfect – he his lips, sighed and plastered a big smile on his face, he opened the door and entered followed by Suzy and Kai.

 

Everyone started to murmur as soon as they spotted Suzy, several rumors had been circulating about her and now everybody was curious. The teacher stopped his lesson immediately eyeing the two tardy students-You’re late – he said gruffly, Mr. Hong appeared to be over 30, his thin lips were set in a scowl, he was a tall and bony male who wore thick glasses and mismatched clothes.

 

Kai and Myungsoo bowed -Sorry Mr. Hong.

 

The teachers slanted eyes travelled from Myungsoo to Kai -Detention after school-Kai groaned and Myungsoo’s smile never faltered however Suzy could detect a bit of annoyance in his fake smile she stepped out from behind him and stared at the professor apologetically.

 

-I’m sorry Mr. Hong they were late because of me so I would like to take detention instead of them.- she bowed 90 degrees .

 

Mr. Hong glared at her –I don’t care, you aren’t a student here so I don’t think the offer is valid, now if you three interrupt my class once again the punishment will be worse.- after that he began the lesson at once .

 

-Jerk –Kai muttered under his breath , Myungsoo covered his mouth as he laughed silently and walked to his place, Suzy trailed after Myungsoo . She wanted to sit beside him but it appeared that he already had someone to sit with. She watched as he sat next to a pretty girl in the front row who smiled slightly at her, Suzy just stood there not knowing what to do. Myungsoo didn’t even glance at her as he took books from his backpack, everyone started whispering again.

 

-What is she doing following Myungsoo around? She looks pathetic standing there.

 

-Dude, she’s hot.

 

-Where does she think she is going with such a small dress? This is a school.

 

-And isn’t that Kai’s jacket?

 

 Myungsoo tried hard not to shout at them to shut up , he had already decided he would act as he always did  he couldn’t get attached to Angel nor she could get attached to him because one day she would leave and things would come back to normal. Sohee looked at her curiously , she looked like a lost puppy  just standing there looking at Myungsoo

 

Suzy could hear every single comment but held her head high in spite of her embarrassment she was just about to turn around when a warm hand held hers and pushed her forward, she looked up and saw Kai’s back,he brought her to his seat in the last row, pulled a chair for her and then sat next to her .She could feel everyone staring but she ignored it and focused solely on Mr. Hong’s speech about a book she had never heard in her life.

 

She glanced at Kai and said in a hushed voice -Thank you Kai, I’m grateful for your help.

 

He acted as if he was taking notes but Suzy saw that he was just drawing silly things -If you’re grateful then you have to do me a favor – he smirked but still looked at the notebook.

 

Suzy cocked her head to the side -What is it?

 

-Come to the beach with me after school - he said finally looking her in the eyes.

 

Suzy smiled – It will be a pleasure. - When she looked out of the window Kai made a little victory dance.

 

After quite a few hours it was time for lunch , some boys approached her and Kai introduced her to them they were having fun until Myungsoo appeared with the girl by his side. She noticed how everyone seemed to venerate him they looked at him as if he was a God.

 

-Well it seems that you already made friends Angel.- Myungsoo gave her a smile , but she knew he wasn’t happy at all something was bugging him.- Do you want to join us for lunch?- the girl gave him a surprised look and Suzy didn’t know if she should accept his request or not. 

-Hmmm … sure.

 

Myungsoo scratched his head -Ok ,well Angel let me introduce you to Sohee ,my girlfriend.- The girl bowed and greeted her  but Suzy wasn’t really listening or seeing anything there was just one thing on her mind.

 

Myungsoo has a girlfriend.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

It's updated yay!!!!

I swear for the next chapter I will try and put more Myungzy and there wil be some Kaizy too but I think that in this chapter you can see Myungsoo's feelings growing for our Angel.^-^

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far and I want to give huge kisses to every single one of my readers even the silent ones because you are all fantastic !!!

 

Saranghae my lovely readers !!!!