Chapter 34

My Guardians

KwangMi sat down in her seat with a sigh and watched as the empty seat started to become occupied. The crowd didn’t leave probably more out of curiosity rather than appeal, KwangMi at least thought so. Worry filled her mind; more than ever before. She fidgeted with her hands and played with her hair. She couldn’t turn back now, it was too late. She blushed a deep shade of red as she heard the intonations from the crowd start to fade away. She hit Lay on his knee lightly as to tell him to start. Lay took her hand understandingly and smiled.

‘I guess the tables have turned. Now she’s the one that’s nervous.’ Lay thought chuckling to himself.


“One might say, that it is a shame to hide such a thing as love.” Lay said. “The feeling of loving someone it sends some sort of thrill through our body, we all know this. We’ve all fallen in love once in our life.” His words struck everyone with confusion, comfort and brought a warm feeling to their hearts.


“My sister, usually mature in words but childish in thought has experience this feeling. I may not know so much about her, but I know when I should trust her; this is one of those times.” Lay said. KwangMi smiled. She gained courage from her brother’s words and took a deep breath before she spoke.


“Love should be stronger than one’s fear of failure right?” KwangMi thought aloud. The crowd looked a bit thrown off with all this talk of love all of a sudden.


“Are you getting married?!” Someone asked innocently from the crowd. KwangMi’s eyes widened,  along with Lay’s and they both burst out into laughter.


“No no. I’m not quite there yet.” KwangMi said behind chuckles. Her spirits were happy and she felt considerably at peace.


“I want to change a law.” KwangMi said. The crowd gasped. “Well, disestablish it to be accurate.” Lay chuckled as he saw her scratch her head.


‘She really thought that was a way to sugar coat it.’ Lay sighed.


“Excuse me Queen? Is it the law about guardians and royalty?” Someone else from the crowd asked. It was then KwangMi noticed someone was missing: Jonghyun. She expected him to come forth with his accusations, but everything was exceptionally calm. She felt a bit of emptiness in her.


‘Come to think of it, he helped me understand why I thought my decisions were right.’ KwangMi thought, her smile fading only briefly, but still she nodded. She could see people vigorously writing on their notepads. She chuckled no longer afraid; no worries lingered in her mind.


‘It’s all done. Once I put it in the law book, it’s all fine.’ KwangMi thought with a smile.


Two rows away from the stage Exo was playfully hitting D.O so as to congratulate him. They were happy for him, well, most of them were. Kai played it off for a second, but was soon making excuses to go to the bathroom. He flashed out quickly, before his jealousy hurt someone. He washed his face thoroughly  and tried to calm his emotions, but that didn’t work. He knew he could stay there much longer, so he made a plan.


‘Tonight, before I hurt the people I care about.’ Kai guiltily thought.

 


Sorry for the really short chapter, I made it while I was sick... I won't be here for a while. I'm going to take a smalllllllll vacation, like seriously,only 4 days. But please~ should I write a sequel? You don't have to comment, you can post it on my wall or anything, just please~ tell me what you think. Thanks!

tumblr_m2qy3pWA7M1qgkzcm.gif