Chapter 14

My Guardians

 

Two days passed and night was just about to fall.

“Commander is everyone ready?” Yongguk spoke into his communication device.

“Yes sir, everyone is ready.” Himchan responded.

“If you get to KwangJoo first, find me. I want to see him perish, understand?” Yongguk ordered.

“Yes sir!” Himchan replied.

“Now go. Let the fire scatter.” Yongguk smirked. He saw groups of Strikers move and finally separate, just as he planned. Ambush from every corner, nothing will be organized until you get there, just go.

‘Kill and enjoy my people. Soon, we will be royalty in the vampire race.’ He smirked to himself as he started to leave to the Exotic’s castle also.

“Kris! Get back in the game! Stop trying to protect yourself! You’d be putting the King in danger!” Kai snapped at him. Kris rolled his eyes at Kai and straightened up. Kai smirked.

“Now, throw your punches right at the target.” Kai ordered.

“Like you get it perfectly every time.” Kris mumbled annoyed.

“What did you say?! First you roll your eyes at me, and then you talk back?! Are you kidding me?!” Kai burst angrily.

“Oh, but it’s perfectly fine for you to talk to me without respect even though I’m 4 years older than you?!” Kris yelled back. Kai grew angry and walked up to him. A fight was ready to erupt.

“Don’t get so sensitive when someone is trying to correct you.” Kai fiercely said. Kris was about to reply, but Tao interrupted.

 “D.O hyung, is something wrong?” Everyone looked at D.O’s worried face.

“Something’s coming this way.” D.O’s eyes widened. “A lot of things, from everywhere, and they’re coming fast.” Suho started to question, but Kris broke his thoughts.

“Get ready, everyone. This is the real thing.”

“Kai, go wake KwangJoo and KwangMi. Make sure they get somewhere safe.” Suho ordered. Kai looked at Kris with disgust and left immediately.

“Don’t let him get to you, he’s just worried.” Chanyeol said putting a hand on Kris’ shoulder.

“D.O you’re sure it’s something bad right?” Suho asked.

“Positive hyung.” D.O said as he put on some armor. Everyone grew a bit nervous. None of them were really sure if they were ready for this, but they had to protect the Exotics. Kai flashed back in.

“KwangMi’s being difficult. She won’t listen to KwangJoo or me.” Kai said quickly putting on some armor too.

“She won’t do anything about it. Her father won’t let her. She’s safe right?” Suho asked. Kai nodded.

“They’re getting closer!” D.O urgently said.

“Lay, you stay hidden, but close. Without your power we’d be dead. Everyone else is in full combat. If you see someone hurt bring them to Lay. Keep each other safe. Kai, you have to teleport back and forth, making sure everyone is safe inside and fighting combat out.” Suho said he started going to the exit and everyone followed.

“Don’t let anyone inside. Don’t show any mercy. Kill anyone who isn’t us, understand?” Suho finally finished. Everyone nodded.

“They’re on our grounds.” D.O said. Everyone scrambled out of the castle.

This is the real thing. Don’t screw up.” Kris thought to himself.

“Commander, they’re ready for us.” Zelo hissed into his communication device.

“What?! How?!” Himchan didn’t believe him.

“I don’t know, but they’re standing guard. Ottokae?!”

“Ambush, they have no lights. They won’t know what hit them.” Himchan said with confidence. Zelo knew Himchan was wrong, but if the Striker didn’t get some blood, they would take his.

“Move.” He told his group.

“The battle has begun.” D.O said. Exo got into fighting positions.

“Baekhyun, turn on the lights.” Suho ordered. Baekhyun nodded and made lights appear on high lamps that lit the whole area.

“Strikers.” Exo hissed as the Strikers ran towards them.

‘They do have light?!” Himchan thought, but it was too late. The battle had already started. Things started flying everywhere; earth, fire, water, even vampires.

“Luhan stay near Tao.” Kris said into his ear. Luhan went to Tao who was using his wushu skills to fight.

“Kris, fly around and see if there are anymore Strikers coming our way.” Sehun said. Kris nodded and saw Sehun suffocate a Striker from afar.

‘Who would’ve known the maknae was so tough?’ Kris thought as he jumped into the air and flew away. He flew for a while until he saw something. He descended and rested in a tree. With his hawk like eyes, he could see exactly who was headed their way.

‘Yongguk.’ He thought as he quickly jumped up again and shot way back to the castle.

“Suho, Yongguk’s on his way.” Kris said almost out of breath.

“And he’s close.” D.O said.

“How’d he get so close?!” Kris yelled.

“Strikers aren’t slow creatures Kris.” Suho said. He cursed under his breath.

“Kai go check on the princess and the King.” Suho whispered pushing the Striker Kai was fighting away with a rush of cold water. Kai nodded and flashed away.

“Kai Oppa!” KwangMi said wide awake.

“Kai, what’s going on?” KwangJoo rubbed his tired eyes. Kai cleared his throat, not knowing exactly how to sugar coat it.

“We’re being attacked by Strikers.” He decided to say.

“What?!” KwangMi and KwangJoo both jumped up from their seats.

“But D.O felt them coming, so we were ready.” Kai reassured.

“How many?” KwangJoo coldly asked. Kai hesitated.

“Maybe a hundred at most.” Kai whispered.

“A h-hundred?! Against 12?!” KwangMi yelled.

‘Well, 11 since Lay is hiding to stay safe.’ Kai thought but just nodded.

“Let’s go Kai. I’m part of the actual battle now.” KwangJoo said going to him.

“What?! Not sir. They’re after you! If you go out there and die, we’re through, they would win.” Kai argued.

“No, what they want is KwangMi. I will pass soon and they know that. They want the Exotics to have no future. They’re after her.” KwangJoo pointed out. “Kai, bring me out. That’s an order from your King.” Kai gave a small outburst of anger, but didn’t go against his orders. He flashed out of the room before KwangMi could say anything.

NO!” KwangMi yelled, but it was too late. Kai left and so did her father.

‘I already lost my mother; I am not losing my father. I’m losing Exo either.’ KwangMi thought recollecting herself.

“I have to get out of here.” KwangMi whispered and got up. The door, as she suspected was locked. She turned the doorknob every which way; body slammed the door a few times and the door finally uneasily opened.

‘Yes!’ KwangMi thought as she ran out into another room. ‘It’s the practice room.’ She recognized. All the armor and weapons were taken.

‘Thanks for the underestimation.’ She sarcastically thought as she looked for the exit. She found two doors, one in the front of the room and one in the back.


“The one in front probably leads deeper into the castle. The back one probably is the fastest way out.” She thought aloud. She turned out to be right. She saw trees all around her and she knew she was outside.

‘Yes.’ KwangMi thought to herself proud. She suddenly heard someone in the bushes and went into her fighting stance.